• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner, Austin TX.

My name is Micah and I just bought a nice but, high mileage 1992 red/black. The car is cosmetically very nice but has a few rough edges that are in the process of being smoothed as I type. I am very excited to finally quit lurking here and actually have something to talk about.

The car is currently at a service facility getting a new timing belt, trunk latch and passengers side window regulator installed to fix the primary issues. I will be replacing all the coil on cap ignition units in the near future along with a few other new parts. The car was previously owned by another member here but, I do not know the username...just she is Roxy from Austin. Currently 143,500 miles are showing on the odometer and that is really not too scary to me since previous Hondas of mine have gone over 240,000 miles and those motors were so weak they spent their entire lives getting tortured at high rpm and heavy loads just to keep up with traffic. The NSX engine lives a relatively stress free life compared to a B16 since driving at full power is not possible all day every day. The tranny is in "snap ring range" but if it has gone this far and feels this good I am fully prepared to hope for the best and not worry much at all.

On a personal note, let me introduce myself. I own a motorcycle shop in Austin, Texas that specializes in dyno tuning late model European street and track bikes. I have been racing bikes off and on for about 7 years now and love to spend as many weekends as possible at the track. My last car was a 1992 Toyota MR2 that I got as a trainer for a real mid engined car. I am glad I did as there are some real differences in handling between conventional powertrain layouts and what we drive.

If any of you have an extra set of seats (black) without torn leather please feel free to contact me as mine are not so good. Anyone with any tips on things to look out for at this mileage also I would love to hear from you.

Welcome to Nsxprime !
Im in Houston, been to Austin quite a few times though, beautiful area.
Be sure to stop by the area specific forums for Texas about 3/4 of the way down from the top of this forum. We organize fun runs, meets, etc there and they can be fun !

Congrats

Congratulations!

I’m in Austin as well. I think I ran into one of your friends at TWS last weekend. I don’t recall his name at the moment, but he had a nice 1995 E36 M3 and said although he’s been at the track many times on a bike, this was his first in a car. He also said one of his motorcycle friends just bought an NSX that sounds remarkably similiar to the one you picked up. ;)

We are going on a Hill Country Drive this weekend. Join us if you don’t already have plans. If you can’t stay for the whole thing, feel free to stop by in the morning to check out the cars and meet some car nuts.

As far as the seats, as you may know, they come up for sale fairly regularly. There are at least three sets of black ones from variou years (1991-1997) listed in the NSX Parts For Sale forum. Another option would be aftermarket replacement of the covers, like this, for example.

By the way, a friendly reminder about signatures: They should be kept to 4 lines max. Just combine a few of the lines and you’ll be set. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Was that car owned by Roxanne? Red/Blk with chrome stock wheels? If so i used to live close to her and saw her many times around austin in my 92 Red/blk. I recently sold my red/blk to a local buyer as well so nice to see the cars staying in town. Hope to catch up with you at our next get together.

Yes, this was Roxanne's NSX until last week. I am absolutely loving this car...quircks and all. For a car with 144,000 miles it simply does not get much better than this! I am taking it on a road trip to the track at Cresson Texas this weekend since I am going to be racing up there in the CMRA Motorcycle endurance series...I might as well arrive in style.

It is amazing to me how much attention this thing draws in traffic....I would have never guessed a 13 year old car would be this big of a hit on the street.

Ojas, I will try and make it to an event soon so I can meet all the local NSX nuts...my travel schedule has me somewhere about every weekend through September but there are a few free weekends in between.

I could not be happier with the new ride, it was worth every bit of the wait.

Back