• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner in AZ

Just wanted to post an intro post since I spend a fair amount of time here. Would also like to start off by saying thanks to all those who have posted all this great info over the years as I've found it very helpful in my search for a good car.

As a car enthusiast my automotive background spans a few different marquees and to be honest I've let too many people talk me out of the NSX for far too long with the belief that it wasn't up to par with the car's that have driven my passion over the years. I've come into NSX ownership with an unbiased and open mind and will admit that it's quite a car and I'm sorry I didn't pick one up much sooner.

I was able to find a completely stock and original 37K mile FR/blk `91 right here on Prime, the car was owned by a fellow enthusiast and was very well looked after for it's entire life, so much so that I've had many people ask me if it's new. It's the kind of car buying experience every enthusiast hopes for. You know, the one where all of the records are individually stored in plastic sheets inside of a large binder, along with the hang tags, window sticker and relevant make/model literature from the delivering dealer. The kind that includes the original bra in its bag, the original NSX sheepskins hanging unused in their plastic protectors, all the way down to the functional hi-tech 1990's cell phone in the center console. Yeah, it's that car.

I had the car looked over by the Acura dealer in the po's backyard (literally) prior to purchase, and having already decided to drive the car back home to AZ from CA I went ahead and had it fully serviced as the timing belt had expired due to age. And of course there were a few "while you you're in there items so we replaced all other belts, clutch slave hose, recharged the AC and even had them throw in an extra main relay just in case (thanks Prime). So after a seamless transaction at what some might consider a premium I had a car that to me, represented a quality example of what an NSX should be.

After spending some time with previous owner and his family it was time to hit the road and head back home. I had decided to use the time to really get to know the car and wanted to evaluate it for what it was, not compare it to cars that simply weren't comparable as I believe far too many people try to make apple to orange comparisons when it comes to the "X". My initial thoughts were that the car was extremely well built, it was quiet, solid and very planted, it drove out effortlessly and had adequate power to do more than simply get out of its own way. The power delivery was smooth and without hesitation and there was ample space left in the rev range for more. I was most impressed with the visibility, there seem to be virtually no blind spots and the ability to see past the A-pillar's is rare for a true sports car (this is one area I couldn't help but compare the X to other cars). The car was happy to eat up the 430 miles home without so much as hiccup, and I was quite surprised to find that I made it almost all the way on a single tank of gas, very odd in any sports car! All in all the car was everything I had read it should be and I gained an enormous level of appreciation for the engineering and effort behind it, Honda truly did something unique in building this car.

And the requisite pictures -

Last edited:
Congrats ! Looks like you acquired a real nice condition 1991

Lots of owners here in Phoenix, check out the regional forum, we get together now and then

Congrats! Beautiful NSX!

Thanks guys, appreciate it

Congrats! In what part of az are you?

I'm in Tucson

Congrats ! Looks like you acquired a real nice condition 1991

Lots of owners here in Phoenix, check out the regional forum, we get together now and then

I noticed that there are quite a few up in Phoenix. I'm headed up next week to SOS for some parts installation.

congrats and enjoy, best color combo

Thanks, I was actually looking for anything but red but the quality of the car was the overriding factor. I initially thought I would just repaint but it's simply too original and nice of a car to do that.

Thanks guys, appreciate it
I'm in Tucson

So you're the other guy in Tucson with the stock wheels? I saw you on the East side once (I think) on my way home the other day. My friends swore they saw me driving around and I had to run out to my garage to check to see if my car was stolen. lol. I didn't think anyone still had the stock wheels other than myself. I decided to keep them because the tires are so economical for track days.

So far I think there's just a handful of NSX's in Tucson, but they're a rare site. Tops one sighting per quarter, car shows don't count. I typically take mine out at night, and make weekend Mt. Lemmon runs between 12:30-2AM. Too many bicyclists during the daytime hours.

It's great to see someone else in town that's on Prime. Welcome!

So you're the other guy in Tucson with the stock wheels? I saw you on the East side once (I think) on my way home the other day. My friends swore they saw me driving around and I had to run out to my garage to check to see if my car was stolen. lol. I didn't think anyone still had the stock wheels other than myself. I decided to keep them because the tires are so economical for track days.

So far I think there's just a handful of NSX's in Tucson, but they're a rare site. Tops one sighting per quarter, car shows don't count. I typically take mine out at night, and make weekend Mt. Lemmon runs between 12:30-2AM. Too many bicyclists during the daytime hours.

It's great to see someone else in town that's on Prime. Welcome!

Yep, on stock wheels, at least for another week or so, then I'll be on set of BBS LM's in gunmetal with polished lips. I do live on the east side and drive my car every day so it's probably me that your buddy's saw. I haven't seen too many around either and when I do it's usually at Cars and Coffee at La Encantada, but I haven't taken the X up there yet. I also do Mt. Lemmon but I'll be in a grey Ferrari CS or an orange GT3 RS and am usually up there early in the morning.

Congrats and welcome to the NSX community. I could say good color choice also, but there really is no bad choice! Enjoy the ride.

Dave

Congrats and welcome to the NSX community. I could say good color choice also, but there really is no bad choice! Enjoy the ride.

Dave

Great looking car, appears like a real classic beauty!

Thanks a lot, it really does still have that new car feel, or maybe NSX's always have that feel :wink:

congrats on your purchase! I hope she brings you many miles of happiness! Just curious, how does the ride/driveability compare to your GT3 RS?

Thanks, and the useability of both cars is very similar in that you can take either one and drive them 600+ miles without thinking. The RS is far more capable in factory trim in regard to track-like activity but neither will see the track. I'm a "right tool for the job guy" and if I got interested in racing full size cars I would probably get a cup car. The RS is also more visceral and feels less civilized than the X, due in large part to the clattering LWF, and Sharwerks exhaust but those are the things I appreciate about it. To me, so far at least, the X is the car Honda wanted it to be, a fun, capable, smooth and civilized sports car that's more than capable of everyday use with the peace of mind that comes from Japanese reliability. I will say that the seats in the RS are a bit more to my liking but I think that has more to do with the way I'm built since the X seats are quite nice, I just have wider shoulders that don't let me fit between the bolsters the way I'd like to.

Congratulations on your purchase! :cool:

Thanks!

Congrats on the NSX. Nice choice in new wheels. I have LM's too. Viper Driver has a really nice NSX and he is also in Tucson. You are more than welcome to come to our Phoenix get togethers.

Thanks and I think there are a few wheels that I feel are era appropriate and work with well with car and the LM is a rather timeless option. I also picked up a set of Desmond Regamasters (in white) in 16/17 and Tecnomagnesios (not sure on color yet) in 17/18 . And I've met ViperDriver at the local cars and coffee and he's done quite a bit to his car and it turned out very well.

Welcome to the forum AZNSX001, you make a fine addition to a great group, you wrote a proper and interesting to read introduction story, you added the requisite pictures and your NSX shares garage space with one hell of a group of cars (360CS and GT3RS). Cheers!!

Has GT3 RS and Ferrari 360
Buys NSX

This must say something about the NSX

Congrats on the purchase! Also, loved the photo you posted in another thread with the 360. Would love to see a photo of all three of your sporty cars.

Welcome to the forum AZNSX001, you make a fine addition to a great group, you wrote a proper and interesting to read introduction story, you added the requisite pictures and your NSX shares garage space with one hell of a group of cars (360CS and GT3RS). Cheers!!

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. And I supposed I've sampled a fair amount of the offerings available to the automotive enthusiast crowd and am glad I've added the X.

Beautiful car!

Thank you!

Congrats.

Looking at your pictures I think, "What a beautiful car." and still can't believe I have one in my garage.

I thought this thread would be about the 2000 Silver one though that has been for sale for a couple years, haha. I wonder what happened to that one.

I must say, you have a nice taste in vehicles! I don't think I've ever made it to the C&C at that end of town. I'm allergic to traffic, stoplights, and parking lots. I'm on the East side of town as well, but more of the Broadway & Houghton area. Road construction is driving me insane. Hell, even the detours are under construction.

Congrats!! Nice low mileage NSX, it will be the best auto-investment you can make short of a hyper car!

Thank you. As for the investment potential, I've figured out long ago cars are in the same investment league as houses, which means they're really not good for much of a return (at least not in our lifetimes). I only have them to drive often and as they were intended to be. I do appreciate the adventures I've enjoyed because of the hobby and the people I've met through it.

Back