• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of 2000 MBP / Camel VIN JH4NA216XYT000176

Beautiful Car!

Great shots J-B!

Did you have actual 02 wheels and then swapped them for Science of Speed replicas? How come?

99% for the Washi Gray color, they're similar to the S2000 CR wheels which I always liked better on a blue car. Here's my S2000 from before I sold it (to buy the NSX):

wRKu0Vn.jpg

The offset makes a little difference in terms of looks, but I mainly did it for the color.

Still have the '02+ wheels with tires, trying to sell them locally before listing them here.

They're the '02+ Science of Speed replica wheels, wheel specs are front 17x7.5 with +45 offset, and rear 18x9.0 with +36 offset. Suspension is factory, stock height.

Love those wheels.

Do you know what the difference is on the center caps that are H and NSX-R.

Those seem to be the only two options on the 17/18 wheels.

Thanks!

Do you know what the difference is on the center caps that are H and NSX-R. Those seem to be the only two options on the 17/18 wheels.

The NSX-R center caps are white with red lettering I think? The Honda caps are washi gray with black lettering.

They also have an options for blank washi gray caps, I bought vinyl Acura logos and applied those to the blank caps with several layers of clear coat on top: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/212019-OEM-ish-center-caps-for-SoS-Washi-Gray-wheels

Letting the current (final) coat cure, then I'll do polish and ceramic coat. So far they seem to be turning out pretty good.

wFJa0rB.jpg

Beautiful NSX! I sure do miss my Monaco Blue 2000!
Reached out to the current owner of it today to see if
I could sway them to part with it:biggrin:

Perfection. Beautiful ride.

Also, it is nice you were able to take it out in the dead of winter. Surprise you took your roof off too! ha!
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Denver has bipolar weather

I love that color.

Except for getting the car paint corrected / ceramic coated, it hasn't had the roof on since I drove it home from Queens :)

This is no joke, he really does drive it year round with the roof off...the last official cars and coffee here (Feb 2020), the roof was off and it was a brisk 30-40 that morning. Our last CO Owners group drive in October 2020 took us over a pass where it was around 20 degrees at the top, and he had the roof off. :biggrin:

My top is rarely out of the clamshell. I've had a Carbrella for years now. Keeps the dust and sun off the interior, and much easier than getting the roof out all the time. Not sure if they are still available. Check them out if they are, as they definitely come in handy.

This is no joke, he really does drive it year round with the roof off...the last official cars and coffee here (Feb 2020), the roof was off and it was a brisk 30-40 that morning. Our last CO Owners group drive in October 2020 took us over a pass where it was around 20 degrees at the top, and he had the roof off. :biggrin:

I think this is why my wife wants the next car to be an LC500 convertible, she saw those neck warmers in the seats and made her mind up :D

Took this from the top of Guanella after we split from you guys, I could stand being out of the car for about 60 seconds. It was so cold up there.

DgJwHwT.jpg

For posterity:

Today I received the title from USAA. A buddy tipped me to GameStop before it blew up, I threw a few bucks at it and it turned into twice as much as I needed to pay off the NSX, 2 1/2 years ahead of schedule. Considering a THXGME license plate but we'll see :)

I've begun the process of listing the car for sale on BringATrailer. This will be the first blue NSX to list on BaT in 4 years, as a Monaco Blue Pearl car it is one of just 44 of the most rare factory NSX color that Acura built. I have a rough idea of the value I can justify on year/miles/condition, it's difficult to estimate the color adjustment as these change hands so infrequently.

A quick preview of the BaT photo shoot we did last night, the next post will be a detailed maintenance history for my time with the car.

qKA53qb.jpg

3603TUE.jpg

Last edited:
Back