• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of Zanardi #07

Yes, want to hear more on this topic.

I always said my Zanardi was an animal, felt quicker than my CTSC'd 92. I would often drive one to work and the other out for the night and always said the Zanardi felt quicker.

Love the car and congrats, you now have 2 of the rarest nsxs. Your wife is the bomb for letting that happen so she is a keeper lol

Congratulations. That is awesome. Especially to own an IOP and a Zanardi. You make us all want to buy a second one also...lol

Congratulations on the purchase.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats and welcome to the club! How do you like the drive compared to your 05?

Thanks! To be honest, I haven't driven her much but my first impression is that she feels solid like my old 91 with the love gearbox of the 02/05! I'll post an update in a few weeks after I have spent some quality time with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Skafia! Sweet!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

So nice! Great collection you've got.

Thanks [MENTION=23729]link[/MENTION]!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, she is a beauty! I hope to get back into an NSX oneday if I can get my hands on a Zanardi.

You don't need a Zanardi to get back into an NSX ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So cool. Congratulations. Looks great, and great job putting it back to stock. :)

Thank you! I was fortunate that the original parts were in great condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations, it's a real beauty! I was just going through your Instagram pics of this today. Very nice! Glad you've taken it back to stock, too.

Thanks Tyson! I just read your post about the S2K homecoming, good read! Congrats on your photos being shared on Instagram, that's nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Huge Congrats, One Sweet Work of Art! Beautiful ... Enjoy Her Well!:)

Thank you sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Review coming soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice find! Congratulations!

Thank you. Had I found my 02-05 Silverstone, I would have never picked up this Zanardi.

- - - Updated - - -

I always said my Zanardi was an animal, felt quicker than my CTSC'd 92. I would often drive one to work and the other out for the night and always said the Zanardi felt quicker.

I think the feeling is due to the 6-speed, I'm sure a Zanardi / Type S is not that much faster than any other NSX.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the car and congrats, you now have 2 of the rarest nsxs. Your wife is the bomb for letting that happen so she is a keeper lol

Thanks! Yes, she is definitely a keeper. If I could afford more, I'd buy 'em all.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. That is awesome. Especially to own an IOP and a Zanardi. You make us all want to buy a second one also...lol

Haha. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Is this a keeper or will it be for sale like your other 2 NSX's in about 3 weeks time?....haha

Keep them all I say. :biggrin:

Haha. The timing on the Zanardi was not the best so at the time, I had to pick between Zanardi or Imola--and you know what that decision was. Luckily, I was able to work some magic and keep both cars. I'll keep both as long as I can keep making the wifey happy and I can afford them.

Congrats, gorgeous car.

Congrats on owning this gem :cool:

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome find, very very nice!!

Thanks Chris!

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely a very cool car. Nice find!

Thank you sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!!! Love the car.

Thanks, but color is the least thing I like about it haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, gorgeous car.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! What a great car! Super clean too...

Thank you.

After ~800 miles of driving, here's some thoughts on the experience.

- Suspension: The suspension is very stiff, not a very comfortable ride if driving for more than an hour or so.
- Seats: The seats are much firmer than the OEM leather seats from my 02 (and of course the Alcantara keeps you planted) which adds to the note above.
- Cabin noise: Appears to be louder, probably due to the single pane rear glass. Also, the targa delete makes the car sound much sturdier. No more targa creak as you go up a driveway at an angle, which is what I hear in my 02.
- Steering: The manual driving is great, exactly what I was missing from my old 91. I know the power assist turns off after a certain speed in a power-assisted model, but for some reason it just feels more "direct", but that's probably just in my head.
- Clutch: I don't know if this was different in the Zanardi, but it's much stiffer than my 02.
- Driving: My butt-dyno tells me this car is faster than my 02, but again this is probably in my head. I heard for every 100 lbs you lose, you gain 1/10th of a second (or a car length) in the quarter mile?

The previous owner had an Odyssey lightweight battery installed, unfortunately his method of strapping it down was not acceptable.

22028982212_490be1ae38_b.jpg

The previous owner also had a dali round engine coolant tank, which I replaced with a new original unit:

21209183086_442543899b_b.jpg

22544299584_4854d3a72b_b.jpg

And finally had some time to put on the RouteKS I had from my Imola. IMO this exhaust looks really ugly with an 02 valence (can't beat the 02 tips), but I love how it looks on the 91-01 valence.

25071289261_c4350ed790_b.jpg

23557669680_053528cfdf_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great post and photos! Really enjoy 'my perspective' posts like this. Great photo amongst the palettes.

Very nice as always Ngoan, thanks for sharing your thought and input on the zanardi, which most of us will probably never get a chance to drive.

Congratulations, what a lucky find. Make her whole (OEM) again, just as she was meant to be.

Lets see her at the next meet in Costa Mesa!

Mario

Nice! How many miles does your new #32 have?

Thanks! She's at 21,000. #7 had close to 38k.

- - - Updated - - -

was gonna ask this very question myself, but i see it's been answered already.

so now you've owned an Imola, and not one but two Zanardi's (in your possession at the same time)...

#spoiledbrat :biggrin:

I wish I could have taken a photo of all 3 cars but the logistics of getting them all together was too much work. :)

Back