• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New times with HP kit

WTF is with that music !?!?!? ROFL !!!!!! Shit, please "edit it OUT" next time, lol...it was brutal watching this vid, even anticipating a world record stock motor run...

Congrats on the awesome run and keep'em coming !! :biggrin:

What size et streets are you using?

On HP's site they say the kit is good for 550 HP.
How can you get 605 RWHP?
Is it due to the 67 turbo?

On HP's site they say the kit is good for 550 HP.
How can you get 605 RWHP?
Is it due to the 67 turbo?

HP is directly related to the amount of air you can get into the motor. I think we are about to the limits of the 67mm turbo. We have been pushing the stock motor with my car, just to see what it will handle. So far there have been no problems, but with a poor tune you won't make it past 400rwhp.
The higher boost and power numbers are all done on 113 octane fuel.
Craig

P.S. I forgot to post it, but we are at 614rwhp now.

What kind of suspension are you running to get off the line hooked up like that?

It looks like he switches back to stock wheels with slicks, and stock suspension? Just a guess, but in his sig, it looks like the car is dropped, and in the 1/4 mile vids, it looks like stock ride height. Can you verify ccathey?

Last I saw, everything about that car is stock, not even weight reduction. Just the tires are different and clutch. (obviously turbo being a change)

You are correct. I have been told that the car looks like it is a little lower in the front than stock. The parts appear stock. The car does have over 130K on it though, so maybe it sags a little. Of course when I put 18/19s on it it looks lower than the stock wheels.
Craig

Awesome! What a great launch...must be some killer turbo setup.

Got any pics of the motor and underneath the car?

Last edited:
Awesome! What a great launch...must be some killer turbo setup.

Got any pibs of the motor and underneath the car?

Cathy%20NSX%20Engine%201.jpg

Cathy%20NSX%20Engine%202.jpg

Acura%20NSX%20Undercar%20Photo.jpg

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/91-04 Acura NSX.htm

I think at 605 rwhp, he was running about 15.5 psi. The time might be when he was running less but I see his sig now says 614 rwhp, so who knows what his new time might be now.

Do you have fuel upgrades? How much RWHP can the stock injectors hold?

Amazing Honda made an engine that was designed to output less than 240 to the wheels that can hold over 500! It’s like a Supra. Too bad more people didn’t do this before. Factor X did but their kits were big $$.

Back