• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next NSX in the new R&T

I got my new R&T today (Nov '07 issue) and there is a good article entitled "Future Shock", which speaks about some of the upcoming cars... I don't even have to tell you - yes there is an article on the 2011 NSX successor:

"At this year's NAIAS, Acura unveiled the ASCC, a design study for the next generation NSX. That a replacement for the NSX is due out soon is irrefutable - a test car in a form of a stretched S2K was seen testing a few months ago. But don't be fooled into thinking the next NSX will look like a stretched S2K.
We've heard that Honda is still in the process of designing the car, and has not decided yet whether it will resemble the Batmobile-like concoction we saw in Detroit. Our sources in Japan have told us that the production version will most likely have exposed headlightsand a reworked hood. The dimensions should remain close to the show car's because the next generation NSX will be a grand tourer instead of a pure sports car like the original model. (NOTE: :frown: :frown: )
Under the hood will be a new V-10. Reports indicate it will be a 4.5 liter unit with Super-VTEC technology that will produce about 500 BHP at around 8000 RPM. It will come mated to a paddle-shift semiautomatic transmission, probably a double-clutch type like Audi/VW DSG.
There is still debate about whether the car will be equipped with the SH-AWD system that's currently on the RL, RDX and MDX. If Not, then expect a front-engine/rear-drive layout. Either way, the future Acura will go head-to-head with Lexus' soon-to-be-out super GT. The next generation NSX, which may be ready by 2010, will come with a hefty price tag. We hear preliminary estimates of $100,000 to $130,000. - SM"

2-1.jpg

My .02: This car doesn't look too bad. I would love to see Honda chop off the top, reduce the size and make this into the next S2000.... but not the NSX.

Pick up this issue and look at some other upcoming cars in there - McLaren, the next Ferrari supercar, the sexy new 7-Series, Audi R4, Nissan 370Z, Hyndai Tiburon, Porsche Panamera and the M3 convertible... among others!

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken we should be seeing something very close to the real deal this month at the Toyko Auto show/saloon so I wonder were R&T got this pic:confused:

If I'm not mistaken we should be seeing something very close to the real deal this month at the Toyko Auto show/saloon so I wonder were R&T got this pic:confused:

I am assuming this is a photo illustration based on the ASCC.

The article states: "...sources in Japan have told us that the production version will most likely have exposed headlights and a reworked hood" so I think R&T photoshopped it to reflect that. Car magazines always do this...

Not a fan of it. Looks too much like the saturn sky but I actually like the appearance of the sky (and appearance only, the rest of the car sucks imo)
saturn-sky_sidefront1.jpg

This would be great as an altogether seperate car class of car that sits next to the NSX in the model lineup. But not, please not, as the next NSX.

That engine sounds promising though...very promising.

I am assuming this is a photo illustration based on the ASCC.

The article states: "...sources in Japan have told us that the production version will most likely have exposed headlights and a reworked hood" so I think R&T photoshopped it to reflect that. Car magazines always do this...

Good catch! I liked the ASCC and I'm excited about this new sports GT from Acura. I like the thought of a Honda that could possibly/hopefully whip up on a Ferrari 599/612 with better reliabilty and fuel economy would make my set of Honda sports cars complete:biggrin:

They just need to stop calling it the new/next NSX which it isn't.

Good catch! I liked the ASCC and I'm excited about this new sports GT from Acura. I like the thought of a Honda that could possibly/hopefully whip up on a Ferrari 599/612 with better reliabilty and fuel economy would make my set of Honda sports cars complete:biggrin:

You actually liked the ASCC? Now I understand why you chose LBBP!:biggrin:

My first thought was that the pic above had a lot of 599 cues. I adore the 599.

You actually liked the ASCC? Now I understand why you chose LBBP!:biggrin:

Check all the ASCC threads I and VanceHu were the only two apparently..LOL Since they cancelled the HSC and aren't doing another mid engine why not give this a shot. Honda tends to excel when they release sportscars so I'll give it a shot. At $100-130k it will be a bargain agaonst the Ferrari 599/612. Two cars I love but would never buy.

Good that your understanding is back up and running maybe now you'll actually put paint on your car and stop driving around town in primer gray:wink:

I'd like to see Honda take on the GT class but I don't want them to call it an NSX. That's like boosting a Cobalt and calling it a Vette!

All these cars are way above my income bracket anyway... :frown:

I'd like to see Honda take on the GT class but I don't want them to call it an NSX. That's like boosting a Cobalt and calling it a Vette!

All these cars are way above my income bracket anyway... :frown:

Yeah I think Honda will make a great GT and I'm excited to see it. I still wish the HSC could've seen production :frown:

honestly their will never be another car like the NSX. Its hard to beat perfection out of the box

I was under the impression they were scrapping the Front engine design and going back to the Mid-engine setup. I like the ASCC, but I won't recognize it as the next NSX. I see nothing similar to the NSX.

We all know this is no NSX. This is a COMPLETELY different car. The rumor about the NSX part is just for kicks.

Slightly better scanned version.

Attachments

• 2011NSX.jpg
    2011NSX.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,580

Your Honda sports car collection is never complete without a 1991 CRX Si :biggrin:

This car doesn't look that bad, but in order for me to consider getting rid of my current '98 for it, it better Transform into 'Optimus' or one of his AutoBots :)

LOL Classic dude!

... this is the best i could do... sorry, i can't perform miracles :D

attachment.php

Very good, looks pretty sweet, not as bulgy and actually more true to the original NSX... (Wait, I should never say "original" NSX, it's better to just say NSX or the "only" NSX)

Anyway, your reindition brings up AND KINDA PROVES a point I made in the original post - this car doesn't look bad, it's just that Honda shouldn't name it the NSX, they should shrink it and turn it into the next S2000.

Yeah, me too. I like it. Not like old nsx, but it's not look bad at all.
This should be next gen s2k :rolleyes:

Your Honda sports car collection is never complete without a 1991 CRX Si :biggrin:

LOL and here I thought I was just missing an Integra Type R:biggrin:

Honda put out a press release today announcing the cars they will show at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Show - the NSX successor is not listed. Also, their theme is eco-friendly transportation, so a V10 car would hardly be appropriate.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=714222

Back