• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Niagara Cruise Signup -- July 7th, 2007

Yes sir...I was practically hanging out my front window at one point screaming back "Dave, Dave"!! when we had to stop at some stop sign (just before the "highway crawl" portion, and the infamous Black P-car incident, LOL) ...you were right behind me. With all the engine/exhaust sounds eminating from both our cars, I guess my voice couldn't compete.....neither could my driving skills...you were on me like a second skin until you passed!

Ah yes, I remember you doing that. I was trying to swallow the small rocks that your car kicked up over the km that preceeded that! It was just like my 2.5 year old grabbing a handful of baseball diamond gravel and throwing it right at my tonsils! I couldnt figure out where it came from, but all of a sudden my face was getting pummeled with it. Better that then my car I supose!

I also spoke with you briefly when you arrived at the winery, but you were mobbed as soon as you got out of your car. I commented about how nothing in your car looked stock...the wing and the yellow seats in particular....very nice! We left after the winery portion (I was expected home at 6 PM).

I remember you then too! I wish I knew it was you who said that. Believe it or not, those seats are STOCK! Lots on my car still stock! With the exception of the seat cushion, the harnesses and bar, steering wheel and hub, gauge cluster rings, EVERYTHING IN THE INTERIOR IS STOCK!!!

I was expected home by 4. OOPS. Ive been paying for it ever since!

I didnt see you at the inital start point...your NSX is kinda hard to miss, LOL!
Did you arrive later on?

I arrived around 10 at Square One. Love your car. It sounds awesome. Probably not a track star, but I bet that thing is just amazing everywhere else. A guy I know has a silver one and he loves it. Lucky b@stards.

Having not driven a 355 but having driven a 360, I have to say I was very impressed with the "Ferrari Experience". The 360 is what a 2nd gen NSX should have been in 1997-98.

Regardless of performance, I'd buy a 355, but purchasing it doesn't concern me, owning one does.

Hi godly,...

Hey! Did I get a promotion? LOL!!!

Though my co-pilot couldn't believe it, I was keeping up with the 355s every time they opened up and other than the fact that I was in the long second gear and should have been in first a few times, I was able to stay pretty close.
With the exception of an exhaust, my car is basically stock. Very well maintained and in tip top condition, but stock power and maybe a little less weight...

I don't doubt what your saying, but consider this.......for any valid comparision, the cars would have to be driven by two drivers of equal skill, have the same number of passengers/gas levels in the tank, both cars mechanically sound, both equally familiar with the track/road, etc....the list goes on and on. Also, both should be aware a full out race is going on...how do you know he was going full out?....unless he came to you after and said "WOW, I was gunning it full out and I couldn't lose you".

It is true, though, that in most "real world" driving situation, the difference in performance between these two cars is negligible.

I can only speak from my own personal experience, stock 355 vs. stock 3.0 litre NSX....and in this case, my butt-o-meter felt the 355 was marginally faster, all things being equal.

That being said, it damn well should be!, considering its relative cost, its vintage (1995 vs. 1991 design/technology ), and the fact that it was built specifically to counter the embarrasment the NSX caused Ferrari during its debut.....wouldn't want to put a stock NSX up against a stock 348, unless you wanted to watch a real slaughter!

I was trying to swallow the small rocks that your car kicked up over the km that preceeded that! It was just like my 2.5 year old grabbing a handful of baseball diamond gravel and throwing it right at my tonsils! I couldnt figure out where it came from, but all of a sudden my face was getting pummeled with it. Better that then my car I supose!

Sorry Dude, there were some truely crumbly sections in that area...it couldn't be avoided. Trust me when I tell you my front end looks pretty battle worn after that cruise as well!
There was this one guy in a vette that spun his tires every time I was behind him...I felt each rock as they "tinked" off my hood....sometimes it's advantageous to be driving American metal, I guess...
Still, better they are driven and stone-chipped, then stored in a garage and rotting. If my car is going to rot...I want to be the one responsible!, LOL

I was expected home by 4. OOPS. Ive been paying for it ever since!.

You must have a bigger set than me...I wasn't going to cross the Boss on this one!

Hi godly, I was part of the mob... I wanted to show my friend the difference between the CT Wipple Rotor and CT Autorotor in Dave's Car... I was wearing the Honda Racing crew shirt and I do remember you saying that as we all chuckled!

For that second stint, I followed the 2 Black F355 spiders. Munkey was behind us but we ended up losing him. They sort of knew where to go but it was just us 3 in the end until we hit the QEW.

Though my co-pilot couldn't believe it, I was keeping up with the 355s every time they opened up and other than the fact that I was in the long second gear and should have been in first a few times, I was able to stay pretty close.

With the exception of an exhaust, my car is basically stock. Very well maintained and in tip top condition, but stock power and maybe a little less weight...

I do have to say that the 355 exhaust note is VERY nice! It's got a nice high pitched ring to it. I've got a pretty loud exhaust but I've never really heard it on the road since I'm always the driver!

In my defence, the main reason I got left behind was because the three of you were able to get around the slow hyundai accent holding us up, but I was unable to get around him before we hit oncoming traffic.

I'm sure Rick will try and make some comment about my lack of skill or my "bus" steering wheel that held me up, but don't listen to his rambling, he's just a crazy old man.

Believe it or not, those seats are STOCK! Lots on my car still stock! With the exception of the seat cushion, the harnesses and bar, steering wheel and hub, gauge cluster rings, EVERYTHING IN THE INTERIOR IS STOCK!!!

LOL...I love this part!

...come on Dave, it's time to admit you have a problem when it comes to modifications.

Stand up and say it..."Hi, my name is Dave, and I have a serious NSX Mod problem"...LOL!!

Whats next?....the wing stock too?? ;)

Sure, my car is modded, but its modded with a purpose. :D

Everything that Ive done, including all of the stuff that cant be seen like chassis reinforcement, non-compliant clamps, etc... has made the car exactly what I wanted it to be like! The difference from stock is staggering. Even though its HP is up 50%, the power of the car is not the biggest difference from stock.

Stock radio! Who else but I can say that?

Thanks Dave, I'm glad you were able to get at least some pleasant experience to go along with that pebble sandwich!

Your car was stunning too....as well as fast as hell!

I think you pushed that button on your dash that says "fire debris rearward" when you saw the mighty V6 in your rearview!

I think you pushed that button on your dash that says "fire debris rearward" when you saw the mighty V6 in your rearview!

I can't tell you how often Ive prayed for a "fire debris foreward" option in my car......

That would brighten up the morning slog into work a bit, wouldn't it ?!?:eek:

In my defence, the main reason I got left behind

I'm sure Rick will try and make some comment about my lack of skill or my "bus" steering wheel that held me up, but don't listen to his rambling, he's just a crazy old man.

At least you admit you were left behind Nathan...... But I must admit ...not bad for a "BUS"
Actually I didn't even see you at the lunch. Did you make it there ? Where were you sitting......

And BTW....I'm not that old....I'm still in my 40's ;)

At least you admit you were left behind Nathan...... But I must admit ...not bad for a "BUS"
Actually I didn't even see you at the lunch. Did you make it there ? Where were you sitting......

And BTW....I'm not that old....I'm still in my 40's ;)

I made it down to the winery, but had to duck out just before lunch. I hear it was great and look forward to the next one.

40's .... you're still an old man ;) .... although I must say that the loud sound system does make sense now, i'm sure the hearing is starting to fade ...... :tongue:

I made it down to the winery, but had to duck out just before lunch. I hear it was great and look forward to the next one.

40's .... you're still an old man ;) .... although I must say that the loud sound system does make sense now, i'm sure the hearing is starting to fade ...... :tongue:

OK... You're in for it now my friend......

You better watch out. When pilots heard they could have weapons, Ricky requested an uzi...:smile:

I can't wait .... what is it that i'm in for?
A competitive game of lawn bowling? Perhaps a bingo nite? I'm not sure what else "you people" do at your age ;)

Well...whatever the "event" is... it has to be early because "WE" ( us 40 year olds ) have dinner at 4pm and go to bed by 5 :rolleyes:

Also, can you please type in larger font as it is hard for us OLD folks to read this 12 point font stuff.....

Also, can you please type in larger font as it is hard for us OLD folks to read this 12 point font stuff.....

See, I learn something new everyday .... I just assumed you were using some sort of screen reading software to help with your old vision.

I tried to find a larger font for you, but I couldn't see the option. Maybe i'll buy you a nice big 30" monitor for your birthday and you can set the resolution down to 800X600:biggrin:

Back