• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nice Drive in LI

After all my grousing about the continuing demise of Honda here on prime, I decided to take my NSX out for a drive. What a great car. :D I went out on Route 25A and then up 106 into Oyster Bay. The fall colors are in full effect and it was sunny. 55 mph in second gear sounded awesome and traffic was light. I pulled in behind a white R8 and followed him for a while and then a black C5 vette pulled in behind me and all three cars caravaned it into Oyster Bay. Awesome! That R8 is really nice- low and wide.

On the way home, I had some open road so I redlined it through first and second. I was coming up a hill and at the top, just as I made the shift to third and with my RM Racing quad-tip exhaust at full roar, was a Nassau County cop sitting on the other side of the road. I was at 90mph and I had no chance. Crap. The cop looks right at me, sticks his arm out the window and...thumbs up. Awesome! :D I returned home without incident.

Screw the "new" Honda. And screw the CRZ and all the crap they're churning out these days. At least they made the NSX. I thoroughly enjoyed mine today. How about you? :)

wow you were lucky. i would say that i have a 50/50 ratio of cool to asshole cops.

Tell me about it. I watched the rearview for about a mile to see if he changed his mind. I find that I usually get one freebie a year. That was it! :) Good thing that was probably my last serious drive of the season.

how come we no longer have any local meets?

Cops love the NSX, I've been stopped twice after midnight on the turnpike at over 110mph and both times they asked about the car, and i showed them around, and they let me go w/ a "slow it down a bit"

i was pulling out of a parking lot with a bunch of my friends, this caravan includes a single turbo supra with a 4 inch exhaust with no cats, a STi with a GT35R turbo with no cats and a 3 inch exhaust, and a fully bolted on Evo 8 again with a 3 inch exhaust with no cats. half of them don't have front license plates. Guess which car the cop decides to pull over? Mine!! mine was the most quiet car in that group and i had my license plate in the hidden position with my SOS bracket and the car literally said " where is your front plate?, daymn this is some James Bond shit " So I told them since I technically had the plates on, they actually let me go if my license, insurance and registration was up to date. They ended up letting me go, but that still sucked how my car got picked out of all the other worse candidates.

I was out driving with a buddy, he has a 350Z, and we were goofing around. Well we passed a cop at about 100 mph. He pulled out and pulled us over. He went to each car separately, mine first and said three words to me. "I like NSX's". He then approached my friend in his 350Z and started to threaten him, that he was going to impound his car and arrest him for street racing. That's when I got out of my car to defend my buddy saying we were only speeding. I'd rather have a speeding ticket than get impounded for street racing. He told me to get back in my car, he said he saw that NSX win the race and I was free to go, however the 350Z lost the race and must be impounded. I argued a few minutes in defense for my friend, by this time we were on the side of the highway sitting on the guard rail. Then the cops says we're going to review the dash cam video. I got into my car a bolted. That was my freebee and I wasn't about to waste it.

The NSX actually got me out of trouble for once.

Oh, the ending for the 350Z, the cop watched the video and laughed that he lost. He kept rewinding to the spot where we passed him. NSX in lead like the cop said.... we still weren't racing tho...

Back