• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No more NSX!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Recently I just found out that my girlfriend is now four months pregnant!!!:eek: It's definitely a bittersweet moment for me, I will be letting go of my NSX for a new baby to the family. It's definitely gonna be hard since I didnt expect this news at all. I had alot of plans this year for my NSX and was also thinking about getting an 02 next year. Plans have definitely change for sure, I will definitely miss the NSX but I am ready to take the challege of raising a new born in this world. I know that I'm letting something special go and will be receiving something greater in return. It's definitely hard for me because my dream car is my NSX and I have only own it for a year and a half. My dreams are shatter of owning an NSX. I know that a family is much more important than owning a piece of my childhood dream. I know I will be getting one again after I'm settled with the family and that I am financially secured. The good news is I will be getting a Acura TL, so I'll still be in the Honda family!!:smile: This site has been helpful in so many ways and I've learn alot from this community and I just wanted to say thanks for the information I've learned from here. This community is like my family and I want to thank you for letting me vent out and thanks for taking out the time reading this. I know after many years I will be back and I will be a part of this family again.:smile:

Take cares,

Thuan

If you had enough money to get an '02, you have enough money to buy a 2nd car and keep the NSX in storage somewhere!! Don't let it go!

Congrats on the good news, now I dont understand why most people have to let their toys go :confused:

If you had planned on getting an 02, Im confident you can afford to have both a daily driver and the NSX :tongue:

I recently had a newborn (a month old now :cool:) and its probably the best thing that happened to me but I dont think I could ever let the NSX go :biggrin:.

Im itching to take both for a ride but the airbags worries me :redface:

Be prepared to wake up late everynite :wink:

I agree, keep both...

-regards

Thuan,
Congrats on the good news too. I kind of did it reverse, I established all (marriage, kids, houses, financial, career, business) prior to getting my nsx a few years back. I wish I could have bought my nsx earlier so I could have attended previous exciting events, but I do have a lot of fun currently with all the bay area meets, and look forward to the hot import night show next saturday too. I think you should keep your toy, trust me it's your stress relief and peace. Once awhile I just took my nsx out for a drive by myself to relax after a busy day/week and also to find some peace alone with some good music. If you really have to part your nsx now, then focus all the energy on your family, when you feel overwhelm from everyday normal routines then go get the 02 as you've planned cause you will appreciate it much more. Sorry for a long message, do not mean to preach. Congratulations again.

Phong

Congratulations!! Becoming a father is one of the most important moment in life, but you don't need to get rid of NSX for TL. NO.........

The kids and ride in NSX. If anything G/F can use her own car or trade it in for TL if necessary.

Just buy a used Accord for cheap and keep the NSX. You'll prob need some solitude driving time. :wink:

If you had enough money to get an '02, you have enough money to buy a 2nd car and keep the NSX in storage somewhere!! Don't let it go!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. If you can swing an '02 NSX, you can find a way to keep your current NSX and a family car. Don't let your dream car go. Dreams are what help makes life worth while.

I'm thinking its not so much the cash, but the lack of time he will have as a new father. If this is a first child, an unexpected father has no idea of what is ahead of him. You feel that this is the most important thing in your life right now and all extras must go. I did the same thing. 3 years later I was back in another NSX. Getting ride of my first NSX made me really appreciate my second on that is for sure!!

As for the TL, I would get a bigger car. Sure its bigger than an NSX, but a child brings a lot of stuff with it every where you take it. Also, a rear facing child seat with the handle facing forward takes up a lot more room than one would think. Take the car seat to the dealer and test fit it. You might find that you, and/or the passenger might have to move your seats forward. Get an RDX or MDX if you want to stay in the Honda family. You won't miss the car too much when you have your new child around.

My $0.02 and Congrats on becoming a father!!

Congratulations. If you think you need to get rid of the NSX because your going to be a father that is not always the case unless you need to for financial reasons. When my wife got pregnant, I actually bought the NSX since I figured I better get one before the baby comes along:tongue:

Congrats on the good news, now I dont understand why most people have to let their toys go :confused:

If you had planned on getting an 02, Im confident you can afford to have both a daily driver and the NSX :tongue:

I recently had a newborn (a month old now :cool:) and its probably the best thing that happened to me but I dont think I could ever let the NSX go :biggrin:.

Im itching to take both for a ride but the airbags worries me :redface:

Be prepared to wake up late everynite :wink:

I agree, keep both...

-regards

I am in the same category. I just bought my NSX 3 weeks ago and my first child is due Tomorrow (though we ink he is running a bit behind). Let me know if you find a way to disable the airbag in the passenger side. I would love to take my son out in "Dad's" NSX when he gets a little bit older...

Keep the car, get rid of the wife, you'll be happier in the long run.....:wink:
Seriously, Congratulations !

I have a great wife & 4 children myself and I have to say they are the best things that have ever happened in my life. Been with my wife for 27 years and my children are 15, 16, 18 & 21. They are far worth more to me than any car will ever be. I went through the same thing you are. There was a few years I went without having a car as a toy. But rest assured, it's only a temporary thing and you'll be getting another car as your toy before long.

If you can keep your current car, great...if not, family comes first and never feel bad about that. Cause when it really comes down to it, family is really all you have and what really matters the most !

Congratulations !

I'm thinking its not so much the cash, but the lack of time he will have as a new father. If this is a first child, an unexpected father has no idea of what is ahead of him. You feel that this is the most important thing in your life right now and all extras must go. I did the same thing. 3 years later I was back in another NSX. Getting ride of my first NSX made me really appreciate my second on that is for sure!!

As for the TL, I would get a bigger car. Sure its bigger than an NSX, but a child brings a lot of stuff with it every where you take it. Also, a rear facing child seat with the handle facing forward takes up a lot more room than one would think. Take the car seat to the dealer and test fit it. You might find that you, and/or the passenger might have to move your seats forward. Get an RDX or MDX if you want to stay in the Honda family. You won't miss the car too much when you have your new child around.

My $0.02 and Congrats on becoming a father!!
This is the reason I'm doing this because I wont have time and I feel right now the baby is definitely more important and my NSX must go. I know I'll be very busy with work and taking care of the baby. I know wont be able to enjoy my NSX as much and feel the need this car is not as important in my life right now. I wanna be able to give all I have for my new born and be prepared for any financial situation that comes along.
Thanks for the adviced, I'll be looking into a bigger car!!

I wanted to thank everyone for their support and the advice, it means alot at this time!!!:smile:

Hi Tuan,
First of all, congrats! You certainly have your priorities in check and for that, I commend you. I wish you well in your ventures into fatherhood. I have 2 children myself, a 7 year old and a 22 month old, and they are truly a joy to be with. If you need any advice or anything else, please feel free to contact me. Take care my friend.

Hey bro! Congrats on the lil one! It's not a bad decision either to get rid of the car. However..... maybe you should wait till your kiddo is born. When the whole idea of me being a dad came around, I didn't sell my motorcycles. Why... well in my case I wanted to make sure the baby would be mine because the girl and I broke up months before on BAD terms. So I had a paternity test done, and voila! My lil girl is actually MY lil girl. So I sold the sportbike when she turned 1. It was tough since it was my first bike I bought new and paid off through the years. Why? Because at 1 year old, she was big enough to face forward, and I foudn it's tough having to go completely across town to drop off the bike to pick up the truck to get her at a moment's notice.

The reason the front facing was important is because, now she could ride in her new recaro car seat safely in the nsx I wanted. :) I guess what it boiled down to is that I found out through the first year of her life, it's not THAT expensive to raise my daughter. By shopping smart, I ended spending an average of..... $100-$150 tops per month on baby formula and diapers and some clothes. The mother and I split costs on clothes and other stuff, but I was solely responsible for wipes, diapers, formula, and bottles. To make up the difference in money to maintain my budget, I simply canceled my netflix, changed car insurance companies, and brought lunch to work.

So if it's money, it's not that bad. I suggest seeing how the first year of fatherhood will be like with the car. Ultimately it's your decision and knowing you, you will make the right one. You're plenty smart enough to know whats right for you, your baby and your baby momma :wink:

But remember though, I went through a similiar thing you're going through and will go through. Difference being, I was no way in hell gonna marry my ex-girlfriend, lol.

Oh and since you mentioned marriage.... Since it is a lao girl, have an ALL OUT Lao wedding! What I learned about lao weddings is, there is LOTS of money to be made. Let the parents do their magical lao stuff with their old world connections, and invite as many people, especially lao people, as possible. THe reception would be AWESOME! I don't know if your parents are as old school as mine were but parents in my parents category don't do "gifts" like utensils or toasters or whatever. They do straight up cash and the wives always competing with another lao wives to see who'd look "higher class" by giving more money than the other, lol. At my cousin's wedding in seattle, they did the whole lao prince/princess thing. Invited everyone from across the country, hundreds and hundreds of people. People that couldn't make it, sent in their letters with $20/$50/$100. Then the people who could make it, also gave money as gifts and then the other lao tradions where more money was to be given. You know that the wives that are helping ALWAYS writing down in a notebook who sent how much money for records. Ever seen the "money tree" during the actual ceremony? Then giving $5 or whatever to take a shot of hennessy with you and your bride at the reception. Guaranteed to f#ck you up bro! lol Anyhow, as for my seattle cousins, they made out BIG. Parents did a great job at organzing everything. They spent a minimal amount on everything but the bride and groom raked in $40,000 by the end of all the festivities.

LoL, well just something to think about. I think you should wait to sell if you can. If you do sell, there will always be another nsx waiting for you somewhere! Good luck bro! Hey, send me an invitation! :biggrin:

BTW, being a fulltime single dad.... without my nsx.... I wouldn't have my sanity. You need some sort of way to unwind when the pressure starts building. Since I sold my motorcycle... I had to have something, AND have it kid safe enough she could enjoy it with me :) Voila NSX!

Ther is only one answer...Don't sell the car!!! Put it in storage...if it is a 1991, then you can get vintage car insurance and drive it 5000 miles a year...the insurance is cheap and you keep your car..in fact - you have 2 babies then:biggrin: You only get rid of the car if you cannot afford a family and the baby...Do you own your own home? Are you married?

So ends my sermon

Dam:cool:

Thuan,

Congratulations!!! Hope to see you this summer at some NSX events. Even if you sell your NSX, you're welcome to ride with me in mine. Try to hang on to it if you can. If it gets tight financially, or you aren't using it as much as you'd like, then you can always sell it. You're a good person and you'll do what's right for you and your new family. I wish you all the best. Take care.

Chris

Congrats, do what you need to do for your family. Cars can be bought anytime, children only arrive at special times IMO.

Ther is only one answer...Don't sell the car!!! Put it in storage...if it is a 1991, then you can get vintage car insurance and drive it 5000 miles a year...the insurance is cheap and you keep your car..in fact - you have 2 babies then:biggrin: You only get rid of the car if you cannot afford a family and the baby...Do you own your own home? Are you married?

So ends my sermon

Dam:cool:

If its in storage you can get fire theft and vandalism insurence. which is very cheap. If I had a 91 I would be keeping it for financial reasons. I see these mint 91's and all I can think is BJ's in like 20 years.

Back