• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No talk about the PURE900 turbo upgrade?

I don't necessarily think that is the case. That was JB4 only.

The video you posted probably is the JB4 record however Mr. WAT401K has reached a record of 10.39 using the E40 blend and K tuner Stage II. Therefore, it's highly plausible to shave off another 0.5 seconds and getting into the 9's with the Pure turbos. The mention of upgrading the clutch/transmission was to safeguard against potential failures due to the increased power output over time.

The Pure Turbo beta tester confirmed on Facebook he is on stock internals and stock clutches. This is encouraging to hear from a cost efficiency perspective but not necessarily surprising. Mild upgrade turbos typically make it easier for the tuner to control / smooth the ramp-up of potentially damaging torque down low whilst still providing the benefit of holding boost better and making more HP in upper range.

The video you posted probably is the JB4 record however Mr. WAT401K has reached a record of 10.39 using the E40 blend and K tuner Stage II. Therefore, it's highly plausible to shave off another 0.5 seconds and getting into the 9's with the Pure turbos. The mention of upgrading the clutch/transmission was to safeguard against potential failures due to the increased power output over time.
Yep, I couldn't find the 10.3 video but I saw it somewhere.

Absolutely upgraded turbos will do 9's but I think there is an argument for breaking into the 9's on the factory turbos.

Those who wanted low 10's with bolt ons can definitely have it today with what is available.

Yep, I couldn't find the 10.3 video but I saw it somewhere.

Absolutely upgraded turbos will do 9's but I think there is an argument for breaking into the 9's on the factory turbos.

Those who wanted low 10's with bolt ons can definitely have it today with what is available.

10.3x run Dragy results were shared on FB. His car is a type S with full 3” catless exhaust running a beta Ethanol tune. Type S has bigger turbos, larger injectors more efficient intercoolers and revised TMU gearing. I’m sure he could shave a few tenths off with a stickier tire and prepped surface but I wouldn’t expect a base NC1 to break in to the 9s on stock turbos. With the new PURE 900 turbos, upgrade ICs and Ethanol tune sure.

1708700377352.png

Correct. I would like to hit 9s on 93 - shaving off 0.4-0.5 is harder that it looks, but I think its doable on a track with low DA. Running a calculated simulation w/ Pure900 and 93oct, I get a 10.02 and 135.8mph.

The stock turbos are harsh on the clutch and we had to pull TQ on the shifts which is limiting power delivery on my 10.39 run. Also spinning the 1/2 shift isn't helping.

We will see how the continued testing progresses, but the future is bright.
10.3x run Dragy results were shared on FB. His car is a type S with full 3” catless exhaust running a beta Ethanol tune. Type S has bigger turbos, larger injectors more efficient intercoolers and revised TMU gearing. I’m sure he could shave a few tenths off with a stickier tire and prepped surface but I wouldn’t expect a base NC1 to break in to the 9s on stock turbos. With the new PURE 900 turbos, upgrade ICs and Ethanol tune sure.

View attachment 188588

Agree. Stock turbo will not get into the 9s, right now. However, with electric motor adjustments... it may be a possibility. There are lots of things being looked at and tested behind closed doors and I'm optimistic that 9s on stock turbos will be possible one day. Honda is a very conservative brand, which means there is room for improvement in just about everything.

Agree. Stock turbo will not get into the 9s, right now. However, with electric motor adjustments... it may be a possibility. There are lots of things being looked at and tested behind closed doors and I'm optimistic that 9s on stock turbos will be possible one day. Honda is a very conservative brand, which means there is room for improvement in just about everything.

Wish I was privy to the same conversations behind closed doors :).

I’ve seen what people can do with electric motorcycles like the SurRon; upgraded controllers, battery and motor swaps etc. so I’m sure this is another source of untapped potential on the NC1.

I can’t help but think if all this innovation would have happened earlier, the NC1 would have sold better to the tuner crowd. Better late than never I suppose.

Last edited:

I’ve seen what people can do with electric motorcycles like the SurRon; upgraded controllers, battery and motor swaps etc. so I’m sure this is another source of untapped potential on the NC1.

I can’t help but think if all this innovation would have happened earlier, the NC1 would have sold better to the tuner crowd. Better late than never I suppose.

If fine with it being late. Reason Honda stopped making it... Rarity will eventually be our best friend. 👌

How are they going about electric motor adjustments? Is this something in the ECU that can be tuned?

I don't know and you don't need to worry about it. Even if it's possible, which isn't confirmed, it won't be anytime soon.

I thought we’d see E85 well sorted before bigger turbos. But I wouldn’t do it given need of frequent, costly oil changes and the small fuel tank.

I thought we’d see E85 well sorted before bigger turbos. But I wouldn’t do it given need of frequent, costly oil changes and the small fuel tank.

E40 is done. Pretty much most we can do safely. Type S can do a bit more E45/E50.

The PTW clearance is tight enough that we shouldn't get much blowby, and being E40 at that, you should be able to do 7k miles on E40 with zero issues or maintenance adjustments

How are they going about electric motor adjustments? Is this something in the ECU that can be tuned?

It'd be fantastic if we could swap out one of the three electric motors of the NSX from the ZDX! Imagine the thrill of unleashing an extra 250hp!

Are you 1/4 mile guys in a defined category with the NC1? or just going for open drag days for bragging rights?

I don't know and you don't need to worry about it. Even if it's possible, which isn't confirmed, it won't be anytime soon.
Ah, I thought based on your inference someone was playing with the electric motors.

Would be pretty damn awesome to get more out of internal combustion and electric combined but certainly exciting to have the ICE tuning coming along as is.

1/4 mile trap speeds are a time tested proven real world way to measure power increase.
It is, but I'm asking the guys who are actually modding the NC1 to go faster....are they bracket racing or just test and tuning?

I must be one of the only owners here that feels the car is fast enough already. I guess straight line acceleration can be fun, it is not the same as tracking the car. My age (77 on June 9th) is probably part of the equation. For sheer driving excitement, I can drive the Tesla Model S Plaid that goes 0 to 60 in about 2.2 seconds. I can still hold on tight enough so that the car remains in a somewhat straight line.

It would be more interesting if there was a track lap that many acknowledge in this Country vs Germany where we could compare our car to other super cars. Then the mods would require the whole car.

Back