• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 Body Kit

... see a version where the headlights are elongated to match the lower grills edge. And meld the bonnet, sorry hood, cut lines to meet with the headlights?...

Here it is elongated (if I understood you correctly)...
acura-nsx-nouvelle-blue_option1.jpg

But it looks too long imo (too reminiscent of a Celica) so the other option would be to re-route the fender/hood panel lines to match up w/where the headlights are now...
acura-nsx-nouvelle-blue_option2.jpg

Thanks, that looks quite resolved now! If you changed the bottom of the lower grill opening to reflect the dip of the new "language" grill, I think it would make a fabulous update for the MkII!

Great work, well done.

This takes it back to the older posts about the height of the pink line when discussing the NSX's 'too tall' nose.
The Blue NSX's extended hood line rectifies this problem (by effectively shortening the 'pink line') and making the front of the car more sleek.
This should have been how the beak looked from the get-go!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.16.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 9.16.29 PM.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 700
^I agree

LoL it's a pentagon, superman S, instead of the beak style. Not much difference. Looks worst actually as it's a poor photoshop

It's definitely not perfect. But it's far less busy than the beak.

Hey Valk, check this out...an owner out there decided on doing a body match paint (ex.#2 ) for the front...

bodymatch.jpg

Pretty Cool Vf. I especially like the brushed nickel border around the hood vents.

I am starting to believe that the car's proportions are a bigger factor to the lackluster (or polarized) response to its styling than the specific design details of the face. Specifically, the short rear overhang and the long and high front overhang are killing the supercar vibe. It would be interesting to see a photo shop that addresses these issues even if it doesn't change the design details. What do you think of the C8 Corvette design?

I believe this guy is in the Southwest and did a video of the NSX vs the Aventador a while back

His vlogging volume seems to have been reduced since then

I believe he's in Utah. The NSX won most of the drag races they did, and the naysayers attributed it to the NSX's unfair advantage of being turbocharged and dealing with the altitude better.......

I am starting to believe that the car's proportions are a bigger factor to the lackluster (or polarized) response to its styling than the specific design details of the face. Specifically, the short rear overhang and the long and high front overhang are killing the supercar vibe. It would be interesting to see a photo shop that addresses these issues even if it doesn't change the design details. What do you think of the C8 Corvette design?

I agree with your observation, Valk. Not only did Gen2 avoid paying homage to the Gen1 front fascia, it really departed from the original profile proportions for the mid-engine layout (the short rear overhang, long,high front overhang) and leaned towards R8 proportions.

Here's a photoshop extending the rear+front overhang and eliminating the overall bubbly-esque lines Michelle left them with before heading over to greener pastures...
elongated_nsx.jpg

As far as the C8 goes, from all the spy shots the proportions for a super mid-engine sports car appear correct keeping with the traditional exotics (long back/long front)...
c8_proportions.jpg

However, it's still too early to tell imo, some renderings now show a busier front fascia with exorbitant grill mesh while others are showing a much cleaner, simpler design; so until something official pops up I guess we're left to wonder...
2020_corvette.jpg

Lots of people are expecting the new C8 Corvette to be this exotic Ferrari looking design. I predict that it will look like a Corvette. Certainly an evolution in the development of the Corvette, but it will fall short of people's expectation.
I just bought a new Silverado a couple weeks ago, and the showroom was filled with Corvettes, but they just don't do anything for me. Everything looks plastic and like an afterthought..... To each his own.

That was weird as it was me driving my car that you expertly photoshopped.

I am looking forward to how Chevvy is playing the C8. Will it maintain the let's see how cheap we can sell this or will it be, Ford kicked us in the groin with the GT and we will kick them back by offering more performance than a GT for about $175K.

I agree with your observation, Valk. Not only did Gen2 avoid paying homage to the Gen1 front fascia, it really departed from the original profile proportions for the mid-engine layout (the short rear overhang, long,high front overhang) and leaned towards R8 proportions.

Here's a photoshop extending the rear+front overhang and eliminating the overall bubbly-esque lines Michelle left them with before heading over to greener pastures...
elongated_nsx.jpg

As far as the C8 goes, from all the spy shots the proportions for a super mid-engine sports car appear correct keeping with the traditional exotics (long back/long front)...
c8_proportions.jpg

However, it's still too early to tell imo, some renderings now show a busier front fascia with exorbitant grill mesh while others are showing a much cleaner, simpler design; so until something official pops up I guess we're left to wonder...
2020_corvette.jpg

That was weird as it was me driving my car that you expertly photoshopped.

I am looking forward to how Chevvy is playing the C8. Will it maintain the let's see how cheap we can sell this or will it be, Ford kicked us in the groin with the GT and we will kick them back by offering more performance than a GT for about $175K.

That is funny...I just looked for an expertly done rolling shot :cool:

What if they keep it cheap for mass consumption but then have a "special" version or two available that can outrun a GT and accomplish both your scenarios?

A local Gen 1 owner took the pics and he has a big skill set.

Regarding the vette, GM has historically offered versions with increasing amounts of caffeine and I do expect that. I just wonder how low priced it will start out at.

That is funny...I just looked for an expertly done rolling shot :cool:

What if they keep it cheap for mass consumption but then have a "special" version or two available that can outrun a GT and accomplish both your scenarios?

I doubt anything called a Corvette will be priced north of 120...however msrp be damned...I'm sure that the dealer markups will be substantial for the first year...ala ford 350R

elongated_nsx.jpg

Hey Vf - Thanks for the rendering.

That is interesting but think you may have misunderstood my comment in part. I am looking for a chop that shortens the front overhang and lengthens the rear overhang so that it is more like our 1st gen cars. Part of the problem with the new car is that it has a much more rounded front and rear bumper so the perspective of the photo greatly affects what is perceived. However, when you are there with the car in person, and you stand next to the front wheel and look across the front of the car, you can see how large the front overhang really is. The Bricks and Bio photo is a very favorable angle of the car because it was taken with the car slightly ahead of the camera making the front look short and tight and the rear look somewhat long and flowing.

If you can find another shot, taken from the middle or even with the car slightly behind the camera, then you will have a good starting point to make the edits. I think part of this effort to bring the first gen styling to the second gen car will be to extend the rear quarter panel corners and bumper corners - not just the middle of the rear trunk and bumper. This is a signature styling point of the first gen cars.

I noticed that the new RLX thankfully has a rear bumper that does not have a crease (point) in the middle which is a break from all Acuras and Cadillacs as of late. So hopefully they will continue to move in this direction across the line up.

Finally, I noticed what you did with the glass and I like the lowered sills and bigger windows. However, I would not change the rake of the windshield nor would I black out the body-colored A pillar that increases in width as it moves to the back of the car. I think this is a wonderful design piece of the current car and should be kept. I understand that you want to bring the NA1 glass styling to the NC1 but I think this is one area where it is OK to update the old car's design. (Like the change from C6 to C7).

Just my opinions of course.

Valk

PS. If you are game for another chop, I would like to suggest that you only change the front and rear proportions from the original picture as a way of isolating the design change. Of course the other tweaks are worth exploring but I think if you change several things at once, it becomes difficult to nail down the benefit of any one idea. Again just my .02.

Last edited:
Back