• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

Ok I wanna smoke what your smoking :biggrin:

I'm smoking pure NSX 2.0 after seeing it in person.

Damn couldn't get much info out of John Mendell. I tried like hell though. 100hp per liter was mentioned but not in anyway that it could be called a direct quote. He did say he'd driven the car though and was really impressed by power. He also wouldn't confirm if it had the earthdreams tech BUT he did say we would see a lot of this car in racing! I asked if it was going to be trackable and he said emphatically yes! The batteries will not detract.

Sorry Ekin95 hasn't posted the pics I took yet :frown:

Per AUTOBLOG:

rv9c10.jpg

I don't know why so many dissapointed fans. It's perfect. It's a step up from the HSC and ASC concepts, right in line with the looks of today's cars like the R8 and the 458. I just hope that this car doesn't turn into another CR-Z and falls flat on its face. I also hope that they don't tone it down too much for the production version. This car looks psychotic and that's the way it should be.

If they can make this car 1. a great performer, 2. keep the price in line 3. keep it Honda reliable - then it will truly be a worthy spiritual successor to the NSX. The NSX 1.0 didn't win anyone on looks alone, it was a car that looked AND performed like a Ferrari or a Porsche but wasn't as expensive to buy or maintain. This is where they can win again.

Three years gives me enough time to get some money ready. I hope to own this thing, provided that it can outrun a Civic and be under 100K.

While being fidgety with the idea of waiting three years, I just decided I might get a 3-year lease on a Cayman R to have something to play with while Honda gets its act together...

I am glad I see more likes than dislikes. I love it.
I also point out that the original effect it has on me is way better than the first time I saw the original NSX in early 1991. Good cars grow on you and this one will gow BIG on most.

Why the big fuss about the beak ? The biggest and ugliest beak in automotive history is certainly the F. Enzo, yet everyone ejaculates when they see one !

Does anyone have the link to the reveal video? Acura said it would be available after the press conference. i want to link to it on my FB.

It's the Acura R8!!

As usual, turbo gets it right. This isn't an NSX and I feel like they copied the r8 by taking a photo and blurring it then sharpening the lines. You cant take a homerun design and smack it around in the parking lot. It needs an hsc front end as the beak looks much too vertical for a sports car. Why can't they admit that the beak was a shitty idea and move on? Also, the squinty headlights didn't work on preludes or TLs so yeah... Oh well I guess, we shall see how it morphs into production. At least its coherent is all I can say for now, but not thrilled they decided to build an r8 instead of an NSX. Mclaren will be building a 911 competitor by the time this comes out and then we will ask, will the real NSX please stand up ;)

Last edited:
I like it. Sometimes cars looks bad in pictures but looks better in real life. I can already see from the "real life" pictures posted that it's really well designed. Im exited :)

I like it!

Bit off topic, but it look like this will have some roots here in Ohio:

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/01/honda_to_build_another_auto_plant_in_ohio.html

-Bill

If the NSX is planned for building locally here in the states, they should adopt the same option that Corvette owners have with the Engine Build Experience... You figure that most of the people interested in an NSX are car enthusiasts wanting to know about every little detail of their car... why not have the option for them to come to the plant and have a hand in seeing their car being built... i would even enjoy the museum delivery...

http://www.chevycorvette.com/engine-build-experience/

Last edited:
I wasn’t that excited, but the more I look at it the more I like it. The rear still looks a little weird it reminds a little of an American muscle car from the 70’s or the new retro versions, not sure which one. Where’s the iconic NSX wing?:confused:

Chevrolet Tru 140S concept

Chevrolet_Tru_140S_01.jpg

Chevrolet_Tru_140S_02.jpg

If some of you are unsatisfied with what these conglomerate companies are offering in terms of looks and price... get a group of enthusiast together and a team of builders to create something epic yourselves.
Persoanly I would like to see a car with an HSV front and HSC body... now that would be a timeless classic design.

Last edited:
Back