• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

nsx_red.jpg

nsx_white.jpg

nsx_yellow.jpg

nsx_blue.jpg

nsx_black.jpg

nsx_orange.jpg

nsx_silver.jpg

nsx_green.jpg

This is not meant to be offensive. It does not matter where they will build it. What matters is who shall build it. So being built in Ohio or anywhere in America can be done smoothly, if planned correctly.

Just don't let the US design the interior! :mad:

A_J: blacken the chrome front grill, it will look better.

I'm sure they'll solidify the front by release, too many slots for me, the rest of the car looks much more solid, should have a front to match, nothing major. I really like the car though.

Just studied some high res photos and I believe the concept's tire sizes are:

255/35/19 Front - 26 in diameter

275/30/20 Rear - 26.5 in diameter

So the front tires have a higher sidewall, weird... It would be balanced with if the front were only 235/35/19 or the rears were 295/30/20. My guess for rim size would be 19x9 and 20x10 or 10.5.

Also with the tire sizes known, I was able to estimate the car's height. I did this by using the studio side shot. The front rim diameter would be 21 inches and tire again is 26 inches. Stack the tire and measure the difference from the roofline. My estimates came to about 47.5 inches tall give or take.

47.5 inches tall is respectable and I suppose it looks a lot taller also because it may not be as long like the original NSX. If you watch the GT5 video of the NSX debut, the rear trunk room comes into question when they show the engine/tranny ghost.

N Spec is quite close. Here are the numbers from the Car Connection report on the DAS.

"Acura says the new system can dynamically change torque to the front 19-inch wheels; the rear wheels on the concept are 20-inchers.
Honda promises a new direct-injected V-6 will be paired with a dual-clutch transmission with its own built-in electric motor, for even more drivetrain efficiency, but declined to make any horsepower or gas-mileage estimates.
The new NSX will measure 170.5 inches long, 74.6 inches wide, 45.7 inches tall, on a 101.4-inch wheelbase. That compares with the original car's 174.2-inch overall length, 99.6-inch wheelbase, 46.1-inch height, and 71.3-inch width."

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1071439_acura-nsx-concept-2012-detroit-auto-show

Notice the height! it is lower than the original NSX!

Gary

i took my time to try and let it all sink in after watching the press conference before commenting - didn't want to make any spur of the moment comments.

Overall i am underwhelmed. 'new sportscar experimental', that's what nsx stood for back in the day. And it was - design wise, the materials they used, the tuning and set up, the works.

The first thing that struck me with the design of the car was that it was the generic supercar look that we are seeing all over the place. Mp4-12c, new esprit concept and so on. I was at a car meet and an mp4 drove up and everyone turned and went towards it - that lasted not more than 5 minutes, everyone got bored and went on to check out some muscle cars, my nsx and others.

It just isn't a look you covet. Yes it will probably be functional, be quite dynamic as well and filled with tech goodies that will be mind blowing when they go to production, but i wouldn't want to put a poster of that up in my bed room (ok i wouldn't do that because i'm older now and married but you understand what i'm getting at).

And then, as jetpilot and a couple of others have already mentioned, three years is a long time and who knows what might happen over that time - so many things could change...

I still would rather have a v8 r8 which i believe is still more of a spiritual successor to our nsx than what we saw last night (sorry different time zones!)

i know it's silly to expect something quite radical but it's how i feel about this new car. I believe it may have been more 'acceptable' if it was not dubbed the nsx.

+10

"...Perhaps by the time the car hits showrooms, the company will have moved on from this choice to a new look."
Not likely. This IS Acuras new look - and it has a beak.

Concepts are built to generate buzz and get attention and show what the future holds. If Acura were going to move on and drop the "beak" any time soon - this would have been the first car to be beak-less.

When Audi debuted their new look with bigger grill a few years ago, at first everybody thought it looked like crap. Now I think the new Audi grill is actually a success. The first time I saw a lowly Audi A4 with the new grill and led headlights came up behind me, I thought, damn, i better get out of the way, lol.

Honda is trying to copy the Audi success with their own new grill. Too bad it fails, but since they are honda, they are not going to change it. Their past success in F1 and past products got to their head and they still think they can do no wrong.

I agree with Arfiman that this new NSX is a let down.

The styling is nice and Honda nailed the rear end, looks all too common with other halo cars that have beat it to market (R8, MP4-12C, 458) and its still 3 years out???

What other manufacturer has premiered not one, but two "Halo" cars in the past 8 years that haven't been destined or even ready for production? Oh yeah....

HONDA

If you are genuinely serious about making a halo car then do it! As I mentioned in Meeyatch's Detriot Auto Show thread Honda is simply the hot chick that loves attention but won't put out. Its the best way I can describe what was once an attractive car manufacturer who's sold out in the name of sales and makes boring/bland vehicles. Notice how they introduce the other models of Acura that will be coming out and leave the NSX for last? Its almost like they are saying "We could make the NSX, see its all shiny, low profile and everything...but look at this nice RDX!"

By the time the new NSX is ready for market god knows how powerful and amazing the new 991 911's will be, the GTR will continue to rape supercars, and Mc Laren will have the MP4-12C convertible. Heck Ferrari already has the 458 spider in production.

Honda get real.:rolleyes:

Sorry...I have to dump you for another marque.

Jetpilot3, I think your forgetting something. If you were to show the NSX concept first nobody is going to pay attention to the rest of the presentation because they would be gawking at the NSX throughout the rest of the presentation.... RDX What??? It just naturally makes sense you always leave the big "thing" last, they do it in boxing, and almost everything else.

Not directed to Jelpilot3,
It seems like to me people really just wanted their current NSX with a lot more power and updated looks if that is the case buy a turbocharger and body kit :p and don't hold Honda back with their creative engineering exercise on the new NSX, as the name has always implied New Sportcar eXperimental. I'm surprised of the positive reception generated by the Porsche 918 hybrid car but not for the NSX? Is it because the porsche has 500hp+ and this is gonna be less? Lets be realistic this new NSX isn't suppose to be hypercar fast. It's not gonna be a Mclaren F1 or Zonda R performance league because the NSX was never intended to be the fastest car out there.

To those complaining about it taking 3 years to make. I remember we were discussing this and someone mentioned that a sports car can't be made in 1 year and Honda are just throwing a car together to capitalize on the avengers car if it came out in 1 year. Now that Honda mentions within 3 years time frame people are complaining about it taking too long.... How does that make sense 1 year is too short for your taste and 3 is too long? Do you want Honda to bake you a cake, rub your feet while they are at it, and tell you everything is going to be alright :D. It's I guess common knowledge though you can't please everybody lol.

Last edited:
Considering I own an EL at the moment, and I thought the CSX wasn't all that great (ironic, I know), I thought the ILX didn't look that bad. It could use a bit of a sport kit though, but other than that, looked good.

The RDX looks Much better than the current one, I would have given it some serious thought instead of the Q5 if this was the one they had on sale.

I've got my reservations on the new NSX, it looks good, not as much as the R8 I thought it would be, but it could have used a bit more styling cues from the 02 - 05 NSX, less rounded edges and rear or whatnot...but I don't think it's that bad. Let's see how it performs.

Jetpilot3, I think your forgetting something. If you were to show the NSX concept first nobody is going to pay attention to the rest of the presentation because they would be gawking at the NSX throughout the rest of the presentation.... RDX What??? It just naturally makes sense you always leave the big "thing" last, they do it in boxing, and almost everything else.

Not directed to Jelpilot3,
It seems like to me people really just wanted their current NSX with a lot more power and updated looks if that is the case buy a turbocharger and body kit :p and don't hold Honda back with their creative engineering exercise on the new NSX, as the name has always implied New Sportcar eXperimental. I'm surprised of the positive reception generated by the Porsche 918 hybrid car but not for the NSX? Is it because the porsche has 500hp+ and this is gonna be less? Lets be realistic this new NSX isn't suppose to be hypercar fast. It's not gonna be a Mclaren F1 or Zonda R performance league because the NSX was never intended to be the fastest car out there.

To those complaining about it taking 3 years to make. I remember we were discussing this and someone mentioned that a sports car can't be made in 1 year and Honda are just throwing a car together to capitalize on the avengers car if it came out in 1 year. Now that Honda mentions within 3 years time frame people are complaining about it taking too long.... How does that make sense 1 year is too short for your taste and 3 is too long? Do you want Honda to bake you a cake, rub your feet while their at it, and tell you everything is gonna be alright :D. It's I guess common knowledge though you can't please everybody lol.

LOL I was pretty sure few on Prime would be happy with it. No matter what Honda does now the old guard is pretty much set in their ways of old Honda. Again I believe most of these will fall off and go to the GTR.

Also Honda is being tricky with the three years as they said it would be available "Globally" in three years:wink: Whenever they make stuff it always hit Japan first then Europe six months to a year later then over to the US. Then yen has forced Honda to make more cars here. All three shown will be made here. The other two will be coming out of the Indiana plant. It's so much cheaper here to get parts the tide has turned. Heck they could have said China or Mexico. I'd rather have a US made NSX vs a China or Mexico made one. We'll get the car before the Japanese this time probably two years max.

What's interesting in showing this car to coworkers everyone has preferred it to the old car. People on the internet b*tch about everything nowdays but there wasn't one complainer and everyone in the audience got excited when the cover was pulled off. I've been there when Honda debuted models where there was a collective yawn. I'm sure they're encouraged by the live response they got from the new car.

Views here will "maybe" get more positive over time , but once this car hits the street old NSX values ain't goin up! You diehards say what you want but this car will be under a hundred grand and totally outclass the old car even the old type R. Just life.

LOL I was pretty sure few on Prime would be happy with it. No matter what Honda does now the old guard is pretty much set in their ways of old Honda.

Perry, I don't think most of the "Old Guard" even own NSXs anymore. Many move onto other brands and models (like the GTR or Porsche). As evidenced by their switch even the original NSX wasn't good enough to meet their design and performance standards (even if it was modified). I'd take their criticism of the NSX concept, and the posters that hate most anything as a general rule, with a grain of salt and move on to being excited about Honda releasing this thing in a few years.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> I for one do not want to sound like the NSX owner who is never satisfied but I just don’t know where to begin. After 20 YEARS this is the best they could do? I feel like all the people with the power have really lost it and are very stubborn to the fact that people aren’t happy with their design philosophy. Remember the saying “drunk people don’t know they’re drunk”? That’s what comes to mind of Honda lately. It’s like they just throw anything out there and rush it for Detroit. They haven’t done anything since 05 and they don’t even have an interior display? The Lexus had a FULL interior. The Gallardo, 458, mp4 12c, Lotus, these are the design routes they should be annihilating styling wise like they did with 1.0’s debut. I understand if they don’t want to cram a gas guzzling 1000hp engine in there, but physically 1.0 was earth shattering. It was jaw dropping just glimpsing at it. I feel like the front end belongs on a 30k car. Accord style housings that stretch back to the tires, Chevy grille, and Mazda 3 bumper air inlets. They hit the nail on the head with the HSC Front end. You knew when you looked at it where the lineage came from. I don’t understand the BEAK. Nothing in Acura’s lineup resembled the original NSX. It was the ALPHA that was separated from the pack and now they want their Halo car to resemble it lowest model? The NSX concept’s rear end is acceptable, but I feel what is missing is the side scoops on the door, and an intergraded spoiler from the original/mp4 12c. I was hoping for Honda to hit a home run like the first one, and use 2.0 as the catalyst to silence all the naysayers and bring back enthusiast that left due to them being disappointed with Honda’s direction. What a shame, to put the three DIVINE letters of NSX on this concept was blasphemy. If Honda put that front end on a new CL or Accord coupe I would understand but on the VENERABLE NSX? For me personally Honda has broken the camel’s back. 3 years? The R36 GTR is going to ANNIHALITE the competition. The hybrid V6 doesn’t bother me, AWD doesn’t bother me, made in USA doesn’t bother me, but their lack of respect for the people that envisioned, built with blood sweat and tears, the Drive to be the best, of the original NSX is offensive. The whole THOUGHT PROCESS was different. When Aryton Senna wasn’t happy with the rigidity of the chassis, they went back and reassessed. All out Halo was 1.0. Good enough 2.0. I vote with my wallet, I bought NEW 94 Legend GS, 2000 Prelude, 2001 Integra LS, 2001 s2000, 2003 TLS, and used 2003 NSX. I always believed I would grow with Honda. I think it’s time I changed parties. I was rooting for Honda to get it right so I can have a modern supercar with Honda reliability, but now it’s evident the team that built 1.0 are not the same people this time around. After looking at this concept and Honda stating this is the real deal, I now know which direction I am heading from here. IT MAKES ME APPRECIATE 1.O MORE THAN THE DAY I BOUGHT IT. End of my ranting, gotta go breathe now.

Some relative specs according to Motor Trend:

"So the 2014 NSX will employ a mid-mounted V-6 displacing 3.5 or 3.7 liters, coupled to a wet twin-clutch seven-speed transmission, hybridized with an electric motor driving the rear wheels. Two more electric motors will spin the front wheels independently, delivering torque-vectoring to help pull the NSX around corners even more adroitly than did the superb, slightly rear-biased weight distribution and low polar-moment of inertia of the original NSX. This Sports Hybrid AWD system is purported to deliver V-8 performance with “better-than-four-cylinder” fuel economy (we presume they’re talking about a big, powerful turbo four of similar output). I had a chance to ask Honda’s global CEO Takanabu Ito, who was a member of the original engineering team that developed the NSX’s aluminum monocoque structure whether he felt it was important that the next NSX still be made of aluminum, and he replied that what was most important was that the weight of the structure–which must offset the weight of three motors and a battery–represent as big a challenge as the original aluminum structure did.

The slinky sheetmetal you see here was shaped with input from Honda and Acura design teams from around the globe, and features Acura’s Keen Edge design refined and softened a bit. Dimensionally, it measures 3.7 inches shorter in length on a 1.8-inch longer wheelbase, so overhangs are cropped. It’s also 3.3 inches wider and 0.4 inch lower than the 2005 NSX. Clearly the concept shares its proportions if not all its detailing with the ragtop Acura Robert Downey Junior’s Tony Stark character will be driving in The Avengers movie (that car was built by an outside firm that makes movie cars using an earlier iteration of the design with different detailing). Tire sizes front and rear are 255/35-19 and 275/30-20 (up from 215/40-17 and 255/40-17 on the old model)."

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/2012-detr...da-supercar-revival-153295.html#ixzz1j4KOqamC

I'm thinking that the 3.5/7 will produce around 375hp or so...

I'm down.

Three years, time to bust my ass.

3 notes from me:
- I guess with the general styling of all cars now, the near 360-degree visibility of the original NSX is not possible. The rear pillars look pretty thick and obstructing of the viewing angles out the back/sides (typical blindspot). But at least it's not as bad as the new retro muscle car, i.e. Mustang, Camaro, Challenger.
- I'm guessing no traditional trunk like the original? Is there going to be a boot instead?
- I understand the move to manufacture in Ohio given all the troubles that Japan has seen this year, plus the fact that it has been debuted and badged an Acura (a very American brand). Especially the fallout (both radiological and general) from the nuclear powerplant incident is far from being over, and I'm guessing is going to have a lasting and prolonged impact on all things in Japan, not just automobile manufacturing. But what is this NSX Concept in relation to Honda? Honda seems to have wiped its hands clean of the NSX. Is it because they're moving it to the US and in the US the NSX is known as an Acura? I really do want to know if there will be a new Honda NSX in Japan, or will they be receiving the new Acura NSX just like us and the rest of the world. The fact that they're producing it here in the states at one plant, makes me think there will only be a left-hand drive version for the whole world (therefore only an Acura). Maybe sort of following in the footsteps of other sports car manufacturers, having only one chassis which will cut down on overall production costs and improve upon the engineering and design put into the car that does not have to be dedicated to building 2 chassis of the same car.

On a personal note, the possibility of a stateside Type R is very intriguing and down right fracking awesome. Makes me wonder if I should just get the initial release in white, or wait for the Type R to come out, or get the initial white release and then trade up into the Type R when it comes out, lol.

Last thing, Honda/Acura please hire me. I am a Computer Engineer who would very much like to work in the automotive industry, particularly for you. And would like to help bring you back to the glory days of old when the passion for Hondas/Acuras and Honda/Acura's passion were unbeatable. And I sure would love to contribute to the new NSX that I hope to own one day (in a way that respects and honors the original NSX I own today). /personal plug

The styling is nice and Honda nailed the rear end, looks all too common with other halo cars that have beat it to market (R8, MP4-12C, 458) and it's still 3 years out???

If you are genuinely serious about making a halo car then do it! As I mentioned in Meeyatch's Detriot Auto Show thread Honda is simply the hot chick that loves attention but won't put out. (I LOVE THIS QUOTE! ...spot ON!) Its the best way I can describe what was once an attractive car manufacturer who's sold out in the name of sales and makes boring/bland vehicles. Notice how they introduce the other models of Acura that will be coming out and leave the NSX for last? Its almost like they are saying "We could make the NSX, see its all shiny, low profile and everything...but look at this nice RDX!"

I feel the same. If they are going to reuse a "highly-modified" Accord platform, then this REALLY is NOT an NSX...New Sportscar Xperimental (nothing new or experimental about it) It's more like NCS: New Car...Sorta.

I'll bet they threw this out there because of constant "bring back the NSX!" pressure. They're hurting, they need sales, so they thought, "You want something with an NSX name on it to re-take notice of Acura...O.K., HERE...are ya'll happy now? Now come buy our other cars, will ya?"

And again, I hedge my bets that this will suffer the same fate as the HSC...it'll never happen...or see a showroom floor.

I hope I'm wrong in some way...but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Last edited:
Seeesh, there are quite a few haters here. I say cool, keep your old NSX and don't sell them. Cherish these babies. That way our current NSX will hold value :wink: The new NSX will grow on you. With that said, if I can somehow afford it in the future, I would have both versions of the NSX. The first NA1 and I guess now, the NA3?

N Spec is quite close. Here are the numbers from the Car Connection report on the DAS.

"Acura says the new system can dynamically change torque to the front 19-inch wheels; the rear wheels on the concept are 20-inchers.
Honda promises a new direct-injected V-6 will be paired with a dual-clutch transmission with its own built-in electric motor, for even more drivetrain efficiency, but declined to make any horsepower or gas-mileage estimates.
The new NSX will measure 170.5 inches long, 74.6 inches wide, 45.7 inches tall, on a 101.4-inch wheelbase. That compares with the original car's 174.2-inch overall length, 99.6-inch wheelbase, 46.1-inch height, and 71.3-inch width."

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1071439_acura-nsx-concept-2012-detroit-auto-show

Notice the height! it is lower than the original NSX!

Gary

Very surprised and excited with the dimensions. So it's the high hood line and shorter length that gives it the illusion of a larger stance. Motortrend did confirm tire sizes. Very strange as to why they did not use 295/30/20s... A 20x10.5 is perfect for that size.

Some relative specs according to Motor Trend:

Also according to Motor Trend:

Acura's edgy design language takes center stage, but the beleaguered "beak" grille -- long a complaint of previous Acura designs -- is thankfully nowhere to be found. :confused:

I hate to say 3 yrs is a joke everyone would have forgotten all about it by then what will Honda do to keep whoever is still out there interested in thier third attemp in 9 yrs.

Sorry Honda has lost the plot period.

What they should have done is that they should have waited until the car is ready in the product line.

It bothers me when they say it will be made in the US.

Seeesh, there are quite a few haters here.

Not being a sour-puss, it just doesn't get my blood rushing like the one & only NSX (so far) did when I first laid eyes on it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad looking, but I expected more exciting & cooler looking.

Last edited:
Not being a sour-puss, it just doesn't get my blood rushing like the one & only NSX (so far) did when I first laid eyes on it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad looking, but I expected more exciting & cooler looking.

Sometimes pics of our NSX's don't look nearly as good as seeing them in person. I'll have to reserve any opinion until I see it in person. Who knows how long that will be, if at all.
Maybe they'll bring it to the motor trend show in Baltimore. lol.

Also according to Motor Trend:

Acura's edgy design language takes center stage, but the beleaguered "beak" grille -- long a complaint of previous Acura designs -- is thankfully nowhere to be found. :confused:

The beak is still there, but that will probably be the easiest thing to take care of. Someone will make a grill to take it's place.

In the end, let's just hope that Honda will build it. Then we can b$tch all we want.:biggrin:

I hope I didn't miss this anywhere and I did sift through a couple of threads out there, but this pictures pretty much show it's a hatch right, not one with an enclosed trunk?

nsxrear34.jpg&Maxw=630

General question. When the first nsx rolled off the assembly line, how long was it before a company offered a supercharger? I wonder how a supercharger on the new nsx would effect the front electric motors. I have a yamaha sx230 dual jet drive, one prop is in perfect condition but the other has some chips and at full throttle the bad prop creates drag. So Im guessing if you put on a supercharger on the new nsx we might have to upgrade the electric motors? Does this sound correct?

Also, I think Acura did a better job bringing the sporty look to the nsx than Nissan did with the gtr. Can't wait to see this new nsx on a track and hear the actual sound. I remember hearing the high revving engine on the lexus LFA,,,,,music.

Back