• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

I think the New Sportscar Xperimental has turned into the New Sportscar Environmental

LOL

Last edited:
To those complaining about it taking 3 years to make. How does that make sense 1 year is too short for your taste and 3 is too long? .

No, 3 years to develop a car is not too long at all. What's too long is sitting on your ass for 10, wasting 5 on cancelled projects no one wanted, then showing up to the party in 2012 and saying "OK now we need 3 more years".

That my friend, is where the complaint is. Not in development time.

In 3 years time, the sublime Ferrari 458 (notwithstanding the sad fact that Kim Kardashian recently picked up a white one) should have depreciated to the point where it could potentially compete financially with someone considering a new NSX 2.0.

2hfm49j.jpg

In 3 years time, the sublime Ferrari 458 (notwithstanding the sad fact that Kim Kardashian recently picked up a white one) should have depreciated to the point where it could potentially compete financially with someone considering a new NSX 2.0.

2hfm49j.jpg

Right... but that photo, is exactly why I like my current NSX. Cool, rare, and the likes of the Kardashians and paris hiltons aren't driving them.

Just do a search on autotrader for NSX's, then do one for R8's. Tell me how many more PAGES of R8's are for sale.

I remember one time asking an Aston salesman what made his Vanquish so expensive... it wasn't the best performer, the most luxurious, the most reliable, it didn't do anything all that great and he said you are forgetting one thing: "Exclusivity. Exclusivity is worth a lot of money".

I can guarantee this new NSX will not be nearly as exclusive. And it's not just exclusivity... it's the people that buy these cars.... I mean really... look at her... she can't even get her dome light to turn off. And she is driving a 458. Paris has an LFA and Lindsay has an SLR.

Senna drove the NSX. Lindsay Lohan.... Ayrton Senna... Hmmmm... let me see...

Last edited:
I will take the 458 and KK along with it please.
Yes I love my nsx but I wouldnt think twice about not handing it over for a 458.
I can't see why anyone would say they would keep their nsx over a 458.
Life's too short.. go and experience other automotive fruits out there.

I can't see why anyone would say they would keep their nsx over a 458.

I didn't say that. KKard will be one fat heffer in a few years you know. She's got struggles already.

Right... but that photo, is exactly why I like my current NSX. Cool, rare, and the likes of the Kardashians and paris hiltons aren't driving them.

Just do a search on autotrader for NSX's, then do one for R8's. Tell me how many more PAGES of R8's are for sale.

I remember one time asking an Aston salesman what made his Vanquish so expensive... it wasn't the best performer, the most luxurious, the most reliable, it didn't do anything all that great and he said you are forgetting one thing: "Exclusivity. Exclusivity is worth a lot of money".

I can guarantee this new NSX will not be nearly as exclusive. And it's not just exclusivity... it's the people that buy these cars.... I mean really... look at her... she can't even get her dome light to turn off. And she is driving a 458. Paris has an LFA and Lindsay has an SLR.

Senna drove the NSX. Lindsay Lohan.... Ayrton Senna... Hmmmm... let me see...

lol! yep

Exactly what do they Kardashian's do...and just who pays them to do...whatever they do?

No, 3 years to develop a car is not too long at all. What's too long is sitting on your ass for 10, wasting 5 on cancelled projects no one wanted, then showing up to the party in 2012 and saying "OK now we need 3 more years".

That my friend, is where the complaint is. Not in development time.

I'm sorry but I disagree. 1997 they reworked the NSX came out with multiple variations in the global market that kept it still relevant. They updated the body 2002 and released the type R (which according to reviewers was amazing). 2003 we saw the HSC which was scrapped because everyone was upset with power output. 2005 The NSX was discontinued because it would be costly to keep up with safety regulations. 2008 the ASCC/HSV was designed with 500hp but nope again the public was unhappy with the lack of MR layout (even though that car seemed to have had an amazing motor and more than enough power[main answer to the HSC complaint]). Now it's 2012 and people are claiming Honda hasn't been trying for the past 10 years... yeah. They have been trying but nobody is satisfied with what they make so they go back to the drawing boards and not release a car that people don't want.

I hope they ignore the hybrid complainers and just release the thing and let the performance speak for itself vs the stat sheet.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I disagree. 1997 they reworked the NSX came out with multiple variations in the global market that kept it still relevant. They updated the body 2002 and released the type R (which according to reviewers was amazing). 2003 we saw the HSC which was scrapped because everyone was upset with power output. 2005 The NSX was discontinued because it would be costly to keep up with safety regulations. 2008 the ASCC/HSV was designed with 500hp but nope again the public was unhappy with the lack of MR layout (even though that car seemed to have had an amazing motor and more than enough power[main answer to the HSC complaint]). Now it's 2012 and people are claiming Honda hasn't been trying for the past 10 years... yeah. They have been trying but nobody is satisfied with what they make so they go back to the drawing boards and not release a car that people don't want.

I hope they ignore the hybrid complainers and just release the thing and let the performance speak for itself vs the stat sheet.

You do have a point, SO....

Just put the ASCC/HSV engine in the HSC body, build it, and call it a day!

Oh yeah...be sure to make a Type-R version...and let it into the US!

Why is this SO difficult, people???

I'm gonna go apply for the CEO position at Honda... :D

http://youtu.be/08eA3364Hyk

For those that see the benefits of the electric motors, maybe this video would help clarify. Honda has exceeded my expectations.

3 years to build pretty much means the car is finalized except for the little details such as trim, optional equipment, oe suppliers, etc. I don't know what the lead-time is now a days for Tier 1 suppliers to re-tool for a new product, but I'm sure that Honda performs at least 6-9 months of minimal field test to work out any problems with parts before going into production. I know just the steering and suspension tuning of the car is over 3 months of testing under numerous conditions. We'll be hearing a lot about the NSX 2.0 at Nürburgring Ring.

Time to setup a factory for production? Maybe someone can chime in here. I really hope the price would be at GT-R levels. At $140k, there are a lot of other cars within that price range that are very appealing as well. Getting it made in the USA will save at least 6%+ of the cost. It will give Honda a bigger margin because of the strong yen, which will allow the price to be lower.

Raven car manufacturers start working on replacement models as soon as they introduce the newest one. They don't sit idle. Honda has had a bunch of stillborn babies that have wasted a lot of time and money. That is the complaint. Upgrading an NA1 to NA2 or doing a mild 02 update isn't really anything of a major undertaking. The fact that no one isn't satisfied with what they offer isn't the people's fault. Yeah... the HSC shouldn't have been so weak. The ASCC/HSV shouldn't have been front engine. So now, this car, which is finaly mid engine and a good design, is simply behind. Now they really have to work those engineers hard... at Nissan they just have to make it fast. At Honda it has to be fast, and efficient. That makes the task a lot harder. I feel for those guys really, they have a huge task and I will be impressed if the car has just pretty good performance if not outstanding.

From a pure numbers game:

Nissan GT-R is a 3.8L twin-turbo V6 with 540hp (under $100k)

Lexus LFA is a 4.8L V10 with 552hp (around $375k)

I think the NSX will be priced closer to the GT-R.

I think the NSX looks better than the GT-R or LFA.

I think if they get the 0-60, 0-100-0, and lap time numbers close, most of us won't care about the actual hp number. :smile:

From a pure numbers game:

Nissan GT-R is a 3.8L twin-turbo V6 with 540hp (under $100k)

Lexus LFA is a 4.8L V10 with 552hp (around $375k)

I think the NSX will be priced closer to the GT-R.

I think the NSX looks better than the GT-R or LFA.

I think if they get the 0-60, 0-100-0, and lap time numbers close, most of us won't care about the actual hp number. :smile:

I won't care about those numbers if it is more fun to drive than the GTR. It's already more fun to look at. Make it more fun to drive and I will buy it.

In the end, let's just hope that Honda will build it. Then we can b$tch all we want.:biggrin:

I hope I didn't miss this anywhere and I did sift through a couple of threads out there, but this pictures pretty much show it's a hatch right, not one with an enclosed trunk?

nsxrear34.jpg&Maxw=630

The shot from this particular angle speaks volumes.

Everything from right above the rear tire onward to the end of the car is just all wrong.

I hope they bring someone Like Damon Hill, or ANY driver that has won an F1 championship and still BAD ASS to do the tuning ...

Oscar

A marquee driver involvement is surely a fine idea... although...

I'd say there are several Primer's that should be tapped on the shoulder to assist with testing/tuning/etc

not naming names or anything of the sort... they know who they are

A marquee driver involvement is surely a fine idea... although...

I'd say there are several Primer's that should be tapped on the shoulder to assist with testing/tuning/etc

not naming names or anything of the sort... they know who they are

Was thinking about the same exact thing, would much rather have someone who has a passion for the NA1/NA2 involved in the development of the NSX 2.0 than someone who has no association whatsoever to the NSX.

Having someone like Tsuchiya Keiichi providing feedback about the NSX2.0 would still be better than most of the former F1 drivers IMHO.

As far as US testers/drivers stuntman comes at the top of my shortlist.

As far as US testers/drivers stuntman comes at the top of my shortlist.

Stuntman?! what's he ever done other than win a few events?

I on the other hand have 15 track days, have done Skip Barber, and own a silver NSX, same color as the concept.

I think you need to revise your list.

Yes Honda, I am available for the price of one complimentary NSX.

The shot from this particular angle speaks volumes.

Everything from right above the rear tire onward to the end of the car is just all wrong.

Really? I was thinking this is one of the best shots and that it looks great!

nsxrear34.jpg&Maxw=630

Last edited:
You do have a point, SO....

Just put the ASCC/HSV engine in the HSC body, build it, and call it a day!

Oh yeah...be sure to make a Type-R version...and let it into the US!

Why is this SO difficult, people???

I'm gonna go apply for the CEO position at Honda... :D

LOL I guess you missed the thread where primers b*tched about the HSC being ugly. Honda can't win here it's not possible

I'm thinking they build this one. We've already heard of the standing ovation given by the dealer principles during the Vegas meeting when this was shown to them. The ovation hadn't happened in years and years. They didn't do it at the revealing of the HSC or the ASCC. If they don't build this, there will be alot of angry dealer principles to answer to.

I think that it would look better if it had more of a mclaren front end shape to it rather than the pointy beak.

2011-McLaren-MP4-12C_Image-010.jpg

LOL I guess you missed the thread where primers b*tched about the HSC being ugly. Honda can't win here it's not possible

LOL... look at you with the new Avatar already... you're like a chick who just saw a new purse and pasted the magazine picture on her highschool notebook.

Back