• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

I think that it would look better if it had more of a mclaren front end shape to it rather than the pointy beak.

2011-McLaren-MP4-12C_Image-010.jpg

I think the NSX front, beak and all, looks a lot better than the McLaren front... which is a bit on the smiley mazda side.

Really? I was thinking this is one of the best shots and that it looks great!

nsxrear34.jpg&Maxw=630

I think the NSX front, beak and all, looks a lot better than the McLaren front... which is a bit on the smiley mazda side.

The "beak" that we're all complaining about is probably the easiest fix as has already been shown from the photochops.

The biggest thing I don't like in the rear is that crease that sticks out. If they can subdue that, make it cleaner/smoother without that crease, I'd like it even more.

I wonder what the dimensions are? Im hoping its as low as the current and possibly wider.

Got these from the discussion thread on s2ki.

Old:

Wikipedia:
Wheel Base: 99.6"
Length: 174.2" (the 2nd gen)
Width: 71.3"
Height: 46.1"

New:

Road & Track:
Wheel Base: 101.4" (+1.8")
Length: 170.5" (-3.7")
Width: 74.6" (+3.3")
Height: 45.7" (-.4")

Stuntman?! what's he ever done other than win a few events?

I on the other hand have 15 track days, have done Skip Barber, and own a silver NSX, same color as the concept.

I think you need to revise your list.

Yes Honda, I am available for the price of one complimentary NSX.

PD was there,and besides racing he does tire testing, corporate events, ect. Yes Dave you will be asked to test as well ....that is if the engineers want more questions than answers.:eek:

PD was there,and besides racing he does tire testing, corporate events, ect. Yes Dave you will be asked to test as well ....that is if the engineers want more questions than answers.:eek:

Who is PD?

I am with you. The nsx has a nicer front than the mclaren. Maybe we can just do a motor swap.:wink:

Very nice lets see it photochopped in black and white :cool: with the wheels in gunmetal or black.

I think Button would make a nice choice, since his championship was practically in a Honda, or Rubens but I'd even be happy with Sato.

Since Rubens is faster than the Stig, and his career is as old as the NSX he's my choice :)

The shot from this particular angle speaks volumes.

Everything from right above the rear tire onward to the end of the car is just all wrong.

I agree. It's as if they're keeping the something special for the true halo while this one gets the next-gen Super CL Type S looks (at least in this angle it does).
nsxrear34.jpg&Maxw=630

I think Button would make a nice choice, since his championship was practically in a Honda, or Rubens but I'd even be happy with Sato.

Since Rubens is faster than the Stig, and his career is as old as the NSX he's my choice :)

Button?! he is working for Mclaren.

Now I see how ugly the concept wheels were. Of course these are probably unusably large and heavy and the car has been dropped to an unreasonable level.

Last edited:

now that looks Really good!

Now I see how ugly the concept wheels were. Of course these are probably unusably large and heavy and the car has been dropped to an unreasonable level.
I don't understand why most concept cars have butt ugly wheels. Why can't they do simple yet elegant 5,6, or 7 spoke wheels?
(although maybe there is performance engineering behind the wheels that is unknown... weight, aerodynamics/brake cooling, strenth/durability)

did they say if the engine would be visible through the glass hatch? Also Im guessing our "spacious" trunk is gone. That photochop is crazy nice.

When does the new iron man movie come out, I want to see this thing rolling.....

Last edited:
did they say if the engine would be visible through the glass hatch? Also Im guessing our "spacious" trunk is gone. That photochop is crazy nice.

When does the new iron man movie come out, I want to see this thing rolling.....

It's not an Iron Man movie, it's the Avengers. and May.

Guys it's "photoshop", not "photochop". I don't know why everyone insists on using this incorrect term.

Adobe_Photoshop_1_retail_box.jpg

Dave, you got it all wrong, you use "photoshop" to "photoshop!"

You own a "Special edition" NSX the Zanardi model!

Back