• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX accused of being a..........

Ferrari! :biggrin:

My Dad and I were coming out of Home Depot tonight walking WAY out to the NSX and some guy in a new Dodge Ram pickup was circling the car and when we got to it he was.........

"WOW! What kind of car is that? A Ferrari?!"

So my Dad says........."No. Its a Honda. LOL."

I thought he was going to crap his pants. He was like...."No way! I never have seen a Honda like that! Is it expensive?"

I knew my Dad was going to say it was a Honda just to mess w/ him some more. He could have said Acura and he still would not have known. It is just funny how littlle people know about the car and when they see it a Ferrari or Lambo comes to mind. It is great! An exotic and a non-exotic price. :smile:

Just thought you guys would enjoy this since most of you have experienced this @ least one time.

I get the Ferrari a lot. But I am amazed at how many people know it's an NSX. I've had two people in the 3 weeks ask to take a picture of my car. Tonight though was the kicker. At the Burger King drive through, the kid says, "Is that the new Cobalt?" I just started laughing, and said, "Uh, no, it's not." Cobalt? Geeze!

I have been on prime quite a while and the Nsx has been mistaken for many differrent cars by many different people. You will get firebird,fiero,corvette,3000gt, stealth ect ect ect.

But this one time I was at a Ferrari drive/meet and this old lady coming to her car was walking past the cars and says to my friend with his 355. Is that the new Mustang ...... you could not hold back but laugh. The old lady says " Ohh I saw the horse symbol on the hood and thats what I thought".

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42502&highlight=city+island

I don't drive it much, but when I do...I only get "nice NSX you got there". NSX is common in California. However, I did see a lady making a left turn...as she moved toward the center of the road, she kept looking at the car and basically stopped in the middle of the road. The passenger popped over the driver head just to glance at it as well. She kept staring at it after her complete left turn. She probably thought it was a ferrari too...but who knows.

I had a funny incident the other day while filling the tank. My NSX (all stock) has Honda center caps, Honda front and rear badging to confuse even more.

A gentleman asked if he could look around my car while I was filling. I said yes. He asked if it was an 04 or an 05. I told him it was an 01, and then informed him that 02 and up had fixed headlights (thinking he may have known a little bit about the NSX), and that was the easiest way to tell them apart from the older ones. He then asked how much they cost, to which I replied, "well new they are right around $90K from the dealer." His reply was damn, I never knew Honda made such an expensive car. He said he had not been to the Honda dealer in quite a while, and wanted to go check one out.

At this point (well really earlier, when he did not know this was an old car), I realized he had no idea what he was looking at. I would love to be at the dealer when he rolls in and asks the salesperson to look at the $90K Honda. Well we have a nice V6 Accord for about $30K, but Honda does not make a car much more expensive than this. "Have you seen our new Ridgeline, they are nice?"

Once inside the car I got hell from the wife for not telling him the truth. It really does come from the Honda dealer though........ right? :biggrin: :biggrin:

hehe...

hmmm... I don't think either of my parents can distinguish amongst a NSX, a Ferarri, a Lamborghini, or a kit-car. They aren't that old or even that out of it either, just that they aren't into sportscars very much. :redface:

Now, put them both into a lot w/ Mercedes Benzes, BMW's, Jaguars, Lexus's, Lincolns, etc (large, notable sedans)... they'll be much more knowledgable!
:cool:

going into the store the other day and a father with two young boys were walking out. the father said"sweet, look boys its a ferrari" then one of the boys about 8 years old said" dad thats not a ferrari its an acura nsx" the dad said"how do you know that" the boy replied" I own one in myPS2 game" the father said "looks like a ferrai to me". I just smiled and kept walking.

good one.

nsx-tech said:
going into the store the other day and a father with two young boys were walking out. the father said"sweet, look boys its a ferrari" then one of the boys about 8 years old said" dad thats not a ferrari its an acura nsx" the dad said"how do you know that" the boy replied" I own one in myPS2 game" the father said "looks like a ferrai to me". I just smiled and kept walking.

I brought my new Red one to work and a sales rep came up to me and said "I see you brought a new ferrari to work." I said, not that is the same as my white car, just red. :rolleyes:

My personal favorite among many similar encounters:

Kid: "Wow, is that a Lamborghini?!"

Me: "No, it's an Acura."

Kid: "Oh. Well, it's nice anyway."

Me: lol

I get "Ferrari" a lot, too, by both young and old. Another common question is, "What IS it?" After all these years, I'm still surprised that people comment that they've "never seen one!" I guess they either don't look around or they just don't care.

Unrelated to the NSX, but another "what is it" story...about a year ago, we were on our way to a restaurant in Palo Alto, CA, and I noticed a brand new Porsche Carrera GT parked right in front of the restaurant. As I started to walk across the street, I overheard a father and son (about 10) talking. The son said, "What is it?", to which the father replied, "I think it's a Ferrari!" As I walked by I casually said, "It's a Porsche," and the boy says, "No waaayyyy!"

Moments later, they had to walk across the street to take a closer look and realized that it truly was a Porsche...

The day I picked up my new car from the dealer, I was driving over the San Mateo Bridge and getting paced by a Ferrari 328 that was following about 1/10 of a mile behind me. When I changed lanes, he would follow. However, once he caught up to me, the look on his face made me think he was a little embarrassed because he thought he was following a fellow Ferrari owner. :D

hahaha i get this ALL the time, especially since i did the 02 front end conversion... :cool:

I have got a really off the wall one...

I was at my friends restaurant in ATL, and one of his employees asked him "what does your friend do that he can afford a Ferrari??"

To which he replied "What???? that thing? its not a Ferrari, its a DelSol....." :rolleyes:

I had the roof off, but still.... it looks NOTHING like a Ferrari... now if i had been in an X that'd be expected....

Back