• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX and ricers...

I'd say the right single turbo Supra has'nt found it's way next to you yet!:rolleyes::biggrin:
Na. I ran into vipers and vets quiet often and one time with the nsx. What i did was telling them how nice their cars were. Cause i know they have no chance lol. J/k:biggrin:

Na. I ran into vipers and vets quiet often and one time with the nsx. What i did was telling them how nice their cars were. Cause i know they have no chance lol. J/k:biggrin:

LOL, 2jZ-nsx, u are definately too modest. I mean, all u have to do is wait for me here, I'll go get my JZA80 then we'll see who's their daddy. LOL... btw u do have both my dream car... :biggrin:

Move to California and you will have every other person that you pass by will want to race.

Ahhh, last night I was driving through El Monte... and some horrible blinding HIDs come racing up behind me, to the left of me.. and match my speed right next to me.. then shift into neutral and rev their fartcan on me. I look over and its 3 little hoodlums in a 99-00 civic coupe, complete with bodykit and stickers. Well, then, there they go.. they take off and cut me off! jeez. Then they drive "uber" slow infront of me..

This makes me embarrassed to ever have owned a civic =[

is it just me?

ever since i bought my nsx, not 1 person, besides some mustang on the trip back home, has tried to race me yet...

i thought everybody and their grandmother and their mother and their sister and their cousin would pull up next to me expecting a race. especially kids in their hondas...

is it intimidation or something else?

the problem is you're driving it like you own it. :wink:

Last edited:
sadly the only significant display of 'riceness' i ran into lately was portrayed by another nsx with the most obnoxious exhaust i ever heard- don't know what the guy's issue was but he was really making sure that i noticed him (not hard as i barely could hear myself think- it was that loud).

sadly the only significant display of 'riceness' i ran into lately was portrayed by another nsx with the most obnoxious exhaust i ever heard- don't know what the guy's issue was but he was really making sure that i noticed him (not hard as i barely could hear myself think- it was that loud).

Lol hmmm lets see Phoenix, loud exhaust......Must be Stephen and Heather:tongue:

The reality is that nsx's are no fast cars...Especially the 91-96 cars..Your talking 13.8-14.2 territory...Honestly a SS cobolt or lightly modded SRT4 can give these nsx's a run for their money..

The 97-2001 cars are more in the 13.4-13.8 range..Thats more LS1 camro speed and they get a lil respect..

The 2002-2005 cars are more in the 13.2-13.6 range and will run with a C5 vette..These are the only ones that I would consider anywhere near fast..

I was in the street racing scene for a few years..Youd be surprise at how many of those cheap ricers were able to give my vipers a run for their money and would totally destroy any year nsx...

The nsx is about the pricetag..Exotic looks....mid engine and HANDLING..

you can make any car fast..Try moving the engine to the rear and making the car weigh 29xx-31xx pounds and having an exotic look...Try making a typical 33xx-37xx pound front engined sports car handle like the 29xx-31xx pound mid engined nsx..Much harder than making the nsx faster...

Check out the NU-BER-RING times...Youll see that a 290 HP nsx ran the same 8:30's that the 500 HP Vipers ran..210 HP less and identical times..HANDLING..

Look at the NSX-R running 7:50's with only 290 HP back in the 90's...All the other sports cars need 400-600 HP to run 7's..

Thats what the nsx is about...So dont think your car is fast straight line guys..Trust me..It's very slow..In the street racing scene 13 second cars arent even really raced..You gotta do that on your own time...Even 12 second cars get very lil respect..You need a car that is capable of 117 PLUS mph trapps for anyone to even really care

The reality is that nsx's are no fast cars...Especially the 91-96 cars..Your talking 13.8-14.2 territory...Honestly a SS cobolt or lightly modded SRT4 can give these nsx's a run for their money..

The 97-2001 cars are more in the 13.4-13.8 range..Thats more LS1 camro speed and they get a lil respect..

The 2002-2005 cars are more in the 13.2-13.6 range and will run with a C5 vette..These are the only ones that I would consider anywhere near fast..

I was in the street racing scene for a few years..Youd be surprise at how many of those cheap ricers were able to give my vipers a run for their money and would totally destroy any year nsx...

you can make any car fast..Try moving the engine to the rear and making the car weigh 29xx-31xx pounds and having an exotic look...Try making a typical 33xx-37xx pound front engined sports car handle like the 29xx-31xx pound mid engined nsx..Much harder than making the nsx faster...

Check out the NU-BER-RING times...Youll see that a 290 HP nsx ran the same 8:30's that the 500 HP Vipers ran..210 HP less and identical times..HANDLING..

Look at the NSX-R running 7:50's with only 290 HP back in the 90's...All the other sports cars need 400-600 HP to run 7's..

Thats what the nsx is about...So dont think your car is fast straight line guys..Trust me..It's very slow..In the street racing scene 13 second cars arent even really raced..You gotta do that on your own time...Even 12 second cars get very lil respect..You need a car that is capable of 117 PLUS mph trapps for anyone to even really care

but that near stock nsx that kept up with your near 380whp c5 vette sure got your attention ;)

:cool::confused::rolleyes:

I get revved on more in my "stock-looking" Integra GS-R than I do in my NSX or S2000. Usually, I look, laugh and keep driving.

but that near stock nsx that kept up with your near 380whp c5 vette sure got your attention ;)

Yes it did...But keep in mind that as impressive as that seems..That C5 vette with 380 rwhp was also a 4 speed automatic with 2.73 gears..As you can imagine a 4 speed with a 2.73 rear end is VERY slow on a roll. The car did however run 12.8's at 111 mph at the drag strip...

Im just trying to snap guys into reality...NSX's are not fast straight line cars..Even in 2002 when they regulary ran low 13's in magazines...C5 vettes had been doing that since 1997....

BTW..I saw an AUDI R8 today....I think I know what my next car will be...And it has nonthing to do with speed

NSX's are not fast straight line cars.
+1

I have actually had an NSX get ricer on me on the freeway a good while back.I was just admiring the car when he started reving his exhaust.Needless to say I blew his socks off since my s2000 at the time was pushing 425hp to the wheels @ 14psi.lol

I'm just glad Snakey has finally gotten around to realize that speed is not everything. :cool:

Back