• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX at Horse Thief Mile.

Cut it together last night with footage from the event on sat the 18th. putting the camera outside in the wind basically made the audio unusable (contour HD) My fastest time of the day was a 1.02.4, in between two trailered cars so im pretty happy with the set up. I think I just need to finish and install my front splitter, nsx r hood and GT wing and ill be happy.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lwkAsGDh7LQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You are braver than me. I wouldn't risk my NSX at that cockamamie course. I have driven it at Infineon, WSIR big track, Chuckwalla, Spring Mtn. and the LVMS outside roadcourse. But not HTM, SoW, or ACS Roval, which are all road courses I don't like and would not take the risk of driving my NSX there. I would take it to Thunderhill if I had the chance, and Laguna Seca if I thought I could pass sound (which I don't).

Last edited:
I had that EXACT same thought a few times as i was coming around the 'straight' with NO run off area. I had a moment (its in the video) where I found myself target fixated at the ravine and boulders at 90+mph while working the wheel fighting for grip and running out of grainy pavement. I took it down a couple notches after that.

The day before I was deciding on taking the NSX or my GTS corolla for that very reason. After Saturday I don't think I'll take the NSX back to HTM. its a better slow track. I cant believe people ride sport bikes there.

Great run!

I would like to do an event like this to prove my car doesn't just go fast in a straight line.

I would like to do an event like this to prove my car doesn't just go fast in a straight line.

It doesn't go fast in a straight line, compared to today's high hp cars.

I am not sure what you mean by this?

Exactly what I said. I have run several track days in my NSX, and I can usually pull away in the corners, but once you hit the front straight, the GT-R, Z06, M3, 911 Turbo, etc. etc. etc. go blasting past me.

Cornering is the joy of the NSX. For the most part I've spent all my attention on cornering upgrades, and related type parts. Ive got exhaust, ecu intake, sure. But the majority of my modifying effort is to set up a reliable track car. Firstly- Sumps, baffles, oil gear, oil cooling and water cooling. Then secondly cornering.

With almost stock power and a 10 year old car my NSX clocks better laptimes than most evo's, sti's, gt-r's zr1's. Mind you, in the straights the big boys leave me in the dust but 2 corners in i'm getting a point by :cool:

Check out this video I made of a friend of mine. Hes got an 85 corolla (live axle) with a 20v silver-top that dyno'ed at 99hp to the wheels. Check out the caliber of car cars he is chasing down:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6OFUnfFg0m0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I totally agree! You'll notice the track guys will really start to value longevity and handling over trying to squeeze out every last hp/tq. I'm certainly that way and I noticed I tend to value things like coolers, baffles, suspension, aero, and TIRES.

At the risk of sounding like a track snob, especially being a total newb, I also think SOW and HTM are horrible tracks. "cockamamie" was the best way to describe. lol These tracks scare the crap out of me!

At the risk of sounding like a track snob, especially being a total newb, I also think SOW and HTM are horrible tracks. "cockamamie" was the best way to describe. lol These tracks scare the crap out of me!

You haven't lived until you have driven your NSX at Infineon Raceway/Sears Point in Sonoma, CA.

Exactly what I said. I have run several track days in my NSX, and I can usually pull away in the corners, but once you hit the front straight, the GT-R, Z06, M3, 911 Turbo, etc. etc. etc. go blasting past me.

I was referring to my car in particular. I run past all of the cars you mentioned without a problem.

I was saying I wanted to do an event like this to prove my car is not just fast in a straight like but also in the turns.

I was referring to my car in particular. I run past all of the cars you mentioned without a problem.

I was saying I wanted to do an event like this to prove my car is not just fast in a straight like but also in the turns.

OK, I don't know anything about your car. Turbocharged?

The fastest lap time I am aware of that has ever been run in a car that started life as a street car, at the Willow Springs big track (not HTM) is 1:18.5, by Billy Johnson (stuntman) in the FXMD NSX. That is an absoultely amazing time that is in the region of open wheel formula cars.

My engine is stock, and all I have is bolt-on headers and exhuast. 270 bhp plus mods (I'll be generous and give myself 10 hp for the bolt-ons), so 280 bhp. Can't really keep up with 530 bhp GT-R or 505 bhp Z06 in the straights.

OK, I don't know anything about your car. Turbocharged?

The fastest lap time I am aware of that has ever been run in a car that started life as a street car, at the Willow Springs big track (not HTM) is 1:18.5, by Billy Johnson (stuntman) in the FXMD NSX. That is an absoultely amazing time that is in the region of open wheel formula cars.

My engine is stock, and all I have is bolt-on headers and exhuast. 270 bhp plus mods (I'll be generous and give myself 10 hp for the bolt-ons), so 280 bhp. Can't really keep up with 530 bhp GT-R or 505 bhp Z06 in the straights.

That's my point exactly, You do not know anything about my car yet you commented on how slow it was compared to current cars on the track.

I was originally commenting to the OP how I admired his driving skills on this track and I would like to do the same thing.

I do many track events and airfield events to prove the NSX is not outdated and can stay in front of the GTRs, GT500s and Z06s.

My point is please research before commenting.

Again to the original poster....great job at the track!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXpiWIF_Xa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^^ Research the driver and the modifications on his car before posting on the internet? Don't get your knickers in a twist, Sally.

And I think you ought to reconsider your signature here.

Last edited:
Back