• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video, 1:58 lap from ButtonWillow

Attended and awesome private event last Saturday. Met up with Ryu, Phryxis, Moderu and a couple new faces. We all pitted together around the same area (thanks again for the garage Ryu) and had an awesome time just hanging out enjoying the day.

I mainly went as a shake down to see if my fixes for the CEL had worked, turns out they did! no more excuses! Also while I was at it I installed a passenger seat and harness for the first time in 3 years to be able to give some ride alongs.

The first session was the only one I drove without a passenger and ended up running in the 1:59's consistently. It seemed I would always hit traffic at the worst times as and had to scrub a couple predicted 1:57 ( and you thought no more excuses, huh :rolleyes:). By the end of the session my tires felt like balloons but I gave it another go and clocked a lap at 1:58:7. After pulling in I checked the pressures and the rears were at 49PSI, lulz. :redface:

After that I gave it some minor wing and pressure tweaks and had passengers do ride alongs for remainder of the day. Even with a passenger the car felt very good and was dipping down to 2 and even sub 2 min times. One lap in particular as I was trying different lines and every thing just clicked. I was on clock for a comfortable mid to low :57... with a 200lb passenger.
Of course ended up totally blowing it by going in hot and hitting some gravel at the edge of the track. :cool: I have no doubt there is still quite a bit of time left in the car as it sits. The areo has given it some amazing stability at high speed, and im happy with the power and gearing. I have some smallish tweaks on the list but I think its time that I just settle into the car and work with what ive got.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zYQHCjAB2EI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

Last edited:
What's that nice timer you've got? Is it from Racelogic?

Great driving! Car looks good. You still on 235/275 NT01s?

Try shifting to 3rd at the crest of cotton corners -saves you a shifts worth of time when you want to be full throttle.

Use 3rd gear at the bus-stop instead of 4th. Youre loosing a ton of time here lugging the motor.

Thanks Billy! I've been going back and forth what gear to be in on those two corners, ill take then half the day one way then change it the next session. Ill stick with 3rd at the crest and before bus stop. It definitely feels faster now that i've got v-tec back. :]

yeah 235/275 NT01.

Will,
Thanks again for the ride alongs and advice on those lines. We definitely have to get out there again. It was a blast!

Nice! Great video and great time.
There is a Buttonwillow event this Sat as well as a Chuckwalla event. I'm debating which one to go to. Anyone else interested?

LOL, I like that..Have a souvenir, LOL
Nice driving Will !

Back