• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Crash in San Diego

I called that person whom I thought it was....but NO. However, I got an info that it has an out of state license ending with the number 55, early 30's and clinging to his life with a broken neck.

Hope he is ok

Dumb reporter....the engine was in the street. huh

1c.jpg

2c.jpg

3c.jpg

4c.jpg

"Street racing" gets lots of attention on the TV news. "Eye" witnesses don't necessarily mean "accurate" witnesses. Don't turn this into a street racers deserve to die thread until you know more details. That's all I'm saying.

:frown:

I never said that, and never will, even after I have all the details.

I said, "Street racing. Stupid".

This guy is lucky to be fighting for his life! That's one incredible impact to shear the NSX like that...

Hope he survives.

Street Racing accident rips NSX in Half (Photos and Video)

NEWS In San Diego

Saw this on the local nightly news tonight. An NSX was allegedly racing someone on a city street when it struck another vehicle ripping the NSX in half. Driver was alive at time of broadcast with a broken neck. The link with video reports it better then I can. Just wanted to pass it on. Be careful guys.

Video
http://www.cbs8.com/video/?startID=124966

Photos
http://www.10news.com/slideshow/news/15904481/detail.html

Re: Street Racing accident rips NSX in Half (Photos and Video)

OMG WOW. I've never seen an NSX like that. Fortunately the driver will be ok.
Can't believe it was only 60-70mph and he would race a civic, let alone race at all...

The car is a 97 NSX and he is a member here although he rarely posts. For all of the speculation, the car has had no body work so you can pretty much eliminate that. Chances are, the other car probably wasn't a Civic. "Tuned by Reese" is an Mistubishi EVO thing.

Though street racing is a possibility, nobody knows the specifics. As you can all see, there is so much incorrect information being thrown around by witnesses and the media right now. He is a friend of mine and is lucky to be alive. Please pray that he pulls through this and point the finger later once the FACTS are out.

This made me cry...not really but it is super depressing. Don't loose control of an NSX, loose control of an Integra, there are plenty of those to go around. One less beauty aluminum legend on the road :(. Looks like the NSX did her job and took the hit for the man, look at all the energy absorbed by the NSX! Gah, this annoys me so much--obviously much luck and love to the victim but, GAH, it's so depressing! Keep us posted iiilgsrlll...

Last edited:
The car is a 97 NSX and he is a member here although he rarely posts. For all of the speculation, the car has had no body work so you can pretty much eliminate that. Chances are, the other car probably wasn't a Civic. "Tuned by Reese" is an Mistubishi EVO thing.

Though street racing is a possibility, nobody knows the specifics. As you can all see, there is so much incorrect information being thrown around by witnesses and the media right now. He is a friend of mine and is lucky to be alive. Please pray that he pulls through this and point the finger later once the FACTS are out.

We're pullin for you buddy. :smile:

Greetings

Blow up the picture of the wheel -- there are 5 lug bolts -- Integra's have 4.

Bummer.
Martin

Thats so funny. I read this story in the local news online and it only showed that front of the car in the road with the wheel pic. Of course the story says "Integra" and I think gee, that looks like an NSX wheel--nobody would be dumb enough to think an NSX is an Integra...:rolleyes: So I passed the story until I saw the news tonight and thought "I knew it was an NSX wheel!"

Anyway, that's a pretty heavily raced street. Two wide lanes, long distance between lights, light traffic at times. Coming up to an intersection and seeing an oncoming car turning not thinking the cars coming were travelling 100 mph, among other things, could easily cause the racer(s) to panic and swerve.

Looks like a 97-01 NSX. The OEM wheels looks just like mine. Got to have discipline not to street race. Was the driver OK?

Of course the story says "Integra" and I think gee, that looks like an NSX wheel--nobody would be dumb enough to think an NSX is an Integra...:rolleyes:
Ah, there are plenty of dumb people out there. You just read a report by one.

Thats so funny. I read this story in the local news online and it only showed that front of the car in the road with the wheel pic. Of course the story says "Integra" and I think gee, that looks like an NSX wheel--nobody would be dumb enough to think an NSX is an Integra...:rolleyes: So I passed the story until I saw the news tonight and thought "I knew it was an NSX wheel!"

Anyway, that's a pretty heavily raced street. Two wide lanes, long distance between lights, light traffic at times. Coming up to an intersection and seeing an oncoming car turning not thinking the cars coming were travelling 100 mph, among other things, could easily cause the racer(s) to panic and swerve.
Lol funny story, Integra wheels have huge hub caps...

Thanks for the insite, I was wondeirng how someone who's been driving a while could do that, I didn't think about outside causes..

I agree with you slamstrom, this is a hefty reminder what could happen if you street race among California drivers...or worse. Much luck to him :-\.

Re: Street Racing accident rips NSX in Half (Photos and Video)

What the 15 year old boy in the video said. "It is stupid and not worth risking your life for it." A 15 year old boy who is obviously smarter and more mature than that 31 year old NSXer with a broken neck. Hope he is OK.
Steve

The mis-information being provided by the three network San Diego news stations is pretty embarrassing. If they can't even properly identify a car that is in front of their own eyes, how can I believe that their information regarding the other car being a Civic is actually correct.

To this point, I've read and seen enough information that leads me to believe that there is a chance that the other car was something other than a Civic. For one, as someone has already pointed out, the "Tuned by Reese" sticker noted to be on the escaping car leads them to a local tuner that specializes in EVOs. From what I've heard, someone representing Reese Tuning said they don't work on Civics; they work on AWDs.

Even still, someone posted a comment on one of the SD news channel sites and noted "all i wanted to say is they were racing the other was volkswagen light bluegreen color and the driver was female....". If that "eyewitness" is correct, than it is quite possible that it was some AWD VW that had some work done at Reese. Heck, maybe the owner merely used the AWD dyno there and felt compelled to put a sticker on to add HP. :rolleyes:

In any case, my point is that if SDPD is serious about finding the person that took off, they need to really remove the blinders and be absolutely sure that car wasn't a Civic. I'm not saying that the car was 100% NOT a Civic. It quite possibly was. I would merely hate for their focus to stay on it being a Civic simply because this is just another case of "Honda racerboys" going at it again.

Even better, if there are others with additional info, they should come forward.

All in all, a pretty sad situation.

I would concur with NSXGMS in that the road does indeed have long stretches. Even more so, the portion leading to where the car ended up begins with a long downward section, and is three lanes on each side for a good portion. It would be very easy to generate significant speed leading up to that accident point.

I am sad for the pilot and also for the beautiful NSX , with my job (fireman) I already saw much tragedy like this! I hope that the pilot will cure and that it is not in danger of death, request for his cure! My thoughts go towards him!

Back