• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX gets no respect!!!!

I cant believe how little respect the nsx gets in the general public and even with some car loving people...i know the car turns head and is very rare, but it seens some people not only dont like the looks , they hate it, especially some women....but even some brand snob car fans diss the nsx as being a poor japanese ferrari want to be and just another ricer...as much as some people dislike the vette and its image of being owned by mid age red necks,the nsx seem to get as much disrespect by some....as for me, when i see an nsx, i think of the driver as a person who really knows sports cars and great classic cars and is not stuck on the snobbery of a particular car brand......

scycle2020 said:
I cant believe how little respect the nsx gets in the general public and even with some car loving people...i know the car turns head and is very rare, but it seens some people not only dont like the looks , they hate it, especially some women....but even some brand snob car fans diss the nsx as being a poor japanese ferrari want to be and just another ricer...as much as some people dislike the vette and its image of being owned by mid age red necks,the nsx seem to get as much disrespect by some....as for me, when i see an nsx, i think of the driver as a person who really knows sports cars and great classic cars and is not stuck on the snobbery of a particular car brand......

Funny thing, I get the complete exact opposite reaction with mine. The (very) rare people dissing it are young males either driving Corvette or Mustangs who HP and straight line driving means everything. Sure, when all your life you've only known cheap hamburger, you won't appreciate Fillet Mignon the first time you try it. :wink:

apapada said:
Funny thing, I get the complete exact opposite reaction with mine. The (very) rare people dissing it are young males either driving Corvette or Mustangs who HP and straight line driving means everything. Sure, when all your life you've only known cheap hamburger, you won't appreciate Fillet Mignon the first time you try it. :wink:

Or if you're intelligent, you'll just appreciate it all the more. :smile:

Mmm... me either. Never ever got a disrespectfull comment on me NSX. Always people approaching me knowing the car for what it is, and giving me the thumbs up and respectfull comments.

nchopp said:
Or if you're intelligent, you'll just appreciate it all the more. :smile:

When I drive my NSX, I got more attention from not only another racers, also from some family 's cars. I drive NSX from TN to CA, most of the time I pump gas, local high school and college kids with lowered car, come to me, and start getting conversation, about how nice your cars, etc.

AMAZing, heheheh, So, Not only chicks love it, some illegal car racers love it too, and as the driver, I love nsx most to any car I ever drive. The gas consumption is unbelievable, comparing my bmw 528i or the big 740i.

Dave

haha, when people diss i just laugh. :biggrin:
best kept secrets are meant to be kept, better to let them have their ill opinions
its not good to enlighten trolls :biggrin:

Same as everyone else here.....I get the totally opposite reaction/appreciation when I drive my NSX. I'm not here to debate your opinion about this topic, but it could be where you live (geographic location) or are you trying to get some kind of reaction from us?

scycle2020 said:
I cant believe how little respect the nsx gets in the general public......

Like most others, I get positive reactions with my NSX.

It's interesting that you use the words "general public". The general public has a lot to do with ones location. I've lived in areas where the "general public" was more like what you describe...glad I don't live there anymore.

Off Topic: I'm currently in Jury selection for a criminal case and spent some time in the courtroom with the "general public". It's amazing the types of excuses people use to try to get out of a jury summons. After a day of that, I had a new respect for Attorneys and Judges...you poor folks have to deal with the "general public" on a daily basis. I will say a prayer for you. :biggrin:

A LOT of people get jealous when they see something like an NSX. The first responce for many people when this happens is they rationalize why they dont want it anyway.

Kinda like when people say they dont want an extremely hot wife and then go and make up a reason why their fatass wife is better.

I remember at one of the autocrosses I went to last summer, there was a yellow Ferrari 360. Everyone was drooling. But at the same time, everyone was like, 'I wouldnt want something like that its too showy'. 'Look, hes not as fast as X.' etc, etc

ANYONE can afford a corvette. Noone gets jealous of those.

I am with the majority here. I have always received nothing but positive reactions on the NSX..except maybe one time when a guy had no idea what an NSX was, asked me if the NSX was a wanna be lamborghini. In response, I told him that he had it backwards, the Lamborghini is a wanna be NSX. I'm sure that guy was unknowledgeable about cars, and It wouldn't have made a difference if I was in a Zonda, or McLaren F1, he still would have asked that same stupid question. I call it the "if its not a ferrari or lamborghini..then it must be a replica" theory:biggrin: . Other than that situation, my car attracts a lot , and quite often too much positive attention, and a lot of curiousity from those who have no idea of what an NSX is. I've noticed that those who don't appreciate the NSX, don't know anything about the car, or are not sports car enthusiasts. I'm sure that if they had knowledge of the engineering and technology put into the NSX, the bench mark that the NSX set for all sports car manufacturers, and Ayrton Senna's involvement with the NSX, or if they ever saw the nsx out perform other exotics on the track, their outlook on the car would be totally opposite.

You give them a NSX, then they'll say the greatest things about it. They're just jealous that's all...

I haven't experience any disrespect at all. The other day in westminster, one guy stopped in the lane going onto the 22 freeway while I waited for the green light on the second lane to talk to me about my car. I told him the traffic is backing up because of him. He said, f**k em :D

Closest i've had to real disrespect was some hick giving me the finger for no good reason, but like most have said, JEALOUSY is a common theme.

Aside from that one guy at NTB told me he thought the ride was too harsh...no real disrespect just stating his opinion based on an experience with an NSX

Other than that, nothing but praise and respect.

2020, i think its becuase its outdated. I dont thik its that cool anymore to see a testarossa, and as much as I hate the overcrowding of a 360, i will take that over a testarosa any day. I am still in the decision making of why I would own a NSX over a ZO6, supra..... I know the NSX is great at the track, turns, but honestly how many drive there car at the track that much that you should pick a nsx over a supra,viper......... its all about straight line on the road. I think some of it is jealousy, some is just opinion, whenever I drive next to one I think , wow, its dissapointing to think the NSX so high in my books, that is in the visual area.

I haven't taken out the NSX for about 2 weeks now and today I get in to drive her and forgot about how much attention I get in this car. All positive attention I might add.

anybody who disses the NSX is either a complete ignorant a-hole or just plain jealous:mad: I get thumbs up everywhere I go:biggrin: ....
and by the way, chicks dig it too:smile:

don't know what "general public" your hanging out with, but sounds like a haters club to me:frown:

I always get a positive reactions from people and they always seems to say how lucky I am to own one. Most of the people only have good things to say about the nsx and wonder how in the heck can I afford one because of my age.

Last edited:
i just hate pulling up to myself at stop lights, if i had a C6 that would happen way too often :biggrin:

It appeared that the kids in the school parking lot today sure didn't feel that way about the nsx. But maybe it was the fact that I had one out in February in Michigan!:eek: Don't worry... the roads have been clear for weeks now... I had a bad day at work yesterday and I was so pissed that I put insurance on my car for the season (typically a bit early). But it was worth it driving 15 minutes to a haircut appointment, I'm so glad I did it.

My brother and I took our red NSXs to the local motor cycle center to get some parts today. We drove by the front of the store through the parking lot and then parked on the side out of sight. Just as we get out of our cars about 15 sales people came out of the store and walked around to the side of the building to where we were. It was pretty funny. All very positive comments. I answered some questions then went inside to get my parts. When I returned they were still there. Pretty amazing.

I have never had a negative comment. This guy is trying to taunt us.

91 X said:
anybody who disses the NSX is either a complete ignorant a-hole or just plain jealous:mad: I get thumbs up everywhere I go:biggrin: ....
and by the way, chicks dig it too:smile:

don't know what "general public" your hanging out with, but sounds like a haters club to me:frown:
i do seen to have come across an unual number of nsx dissers!!!! i do think these people are ignorant of how great a car the nsx is.....as i said, they are brand label people...if its not aporsche or ferrari, etc, then forget it...

I tell ya I get no respect. Yesterday at a gas station I opened the front hood and this guy says "I see the wheel but where's the hamster?"

I get mostly positive comments. However when I called one alignment shop a few days ago the guys says "hold on let me check if we can do that car"... then I hear "an Acura NSX is just an over priced civic"... then when the guy that made that comment gets on the phone I ask him if they can align it, because it's pretty low. He somehow heard that I said "pretty rare" and went on and on about how common they are before I repeated myself. I could have told him that they are pretty damn rare but it would have been pointless. Needless to say I'm not taking my car to that shop.

I just don't really care what other people think...

I was a member of the Porsche club when I bought my first NSX, At first they were okay about it but no-one even looked sideways at the car at the first track event. That event would change everything... I started beating them in events and then I was sort of black baned. I would submit my forms for events early and then told "Oh we will have to wait and see if there are any places left.... "

However it was a Porsche club after all and you could expect them to be a bunch of Porsche snobs... (They didn't mind the Ferrari's though... They would all be wearing Ferrari shirts at the F1! :rolleyes: The Ferrari guys also weren't a threat at the track because they didn't like to push their cars at the track... too delicate...)

I just stopped going to their events and didn't re-new my membership... They had one less motoring enthusiast and could once again stick their head in the sand about how great the Porsche is!

A drive is all I need to put a smile on my face... Not someone else's appreciation of my car. If they diss the NSX they obviously have no idea!!

Back