• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Hunters

The day after Thanksgiving, my uncle, brother, a family friend, and I went hog hunting. All geared up to go to war, we each set out into our own blinds on a 3000 acre ranch. For 3 hours I'm sitting in my blind staring at a feeder in various positions anxious to see anything. At times I was with rifle on hot waiting to shoot anything that moved, other times I had my feet kicked up having a smoke listening to a lil Strait and Alan Jackson on the iPod. For whatever reason, my bladder decided to go out of control that day. I was watching 6 deer feed (we were hunting pigs so no deer were considered) when I decided it was an opportune time to relieve myself for the 3rd time! Half way through my bathroom break, the deer perked up and took off like a fart in the wind and comes this 150lb monster and a bunch of little ones. Trying to hurry out of my predicament, with my heart racing, I finally got myself together and into position to take my shot. "Calm down, Rich...calm down." is all I could say. My uncle Tom and I only boresighted the AR the day before. We zeroed it at 15 yards. This was a 35 yard shot. At the ranch, I tried to adjust the best I could clicking the scope 2 ticks higher. As I am staring down this beast, I was really hoping that my sights were dead on.

BAM!

One shot...one kill. Dinner...served!

Took a smaller one down after dark. The guide picked me up and we were laughing the whole way. Henry stared at deer for hours. Tom grazed one in the ass. Bruce took a medium one down with an arrow. Nice Texas day with the family. HOOORAH!

Hope you enjoyed the story. Anyone else do well this hunting season?

Attachments

• CIMG2035.jpg
    CIMG2035.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 222
  • CIMG2025.jpg
    CIMG2025.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 158
  • CIMG2033.jpg
    CIMG2033.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 152
  • CIMG2036.jpg
    CIMG2036.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 138
Looks like you got a momma and she was still nursing.

Lol...I was told to by the guide. They had an overpopulation on the ranch. One guy saw 30 around a feeder that morning.

Hunting with an Eotech, nice!

Zeroed in at 15 yards? LoL, no problem at 35 yards when you've got a 223 or 308! Consider yourself lucky it wasn't zeroed in at 100 yards! :biggrin:

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Go out and do some real hunting next time :wink:

No respect here, sorry. You need a scope for a shot at 15 yards???? You will earn my respect when you arm the boar with a weapon, face it and use a bow and arrow to take it. As for killing a nursing mother with babies....sheesh.

I can't even talk about using an AR to hunt. Next time take an MP5 on full auto....

Last edited:
No respect here, sorry. You need a scope for a shot at 15 yards???? You will earn my respect when you arm the boar with a weapon, face it and use a bow and arrow to take it. As for killing a nursing mother with babies....sheesh.

I can't even talk about using an AR to hunt. Next time take an MP5 on full auto....
It's an EOTech. In his configuration, it's almost no different than open iron sights.

But since you're going on a rampage about using an AR to hunt and calling his EOtech a scope, assuming that the sow with little ones behind are still nursing, and saying poor piggy, then there is no winning this debate in an orderly manner. Especially since POVs are going to be from completely opposite sides.

Poor guy was simply hungry and taco bell was closed! He was killing to survive! No normal human being would be sitting out in some tent in the middle of winter to take down the poor defenseless animal unless he was hungry. He would of used some sticks and pebbles to kill it but he was fresh out. He was forced to use the AR :(

We would prefer to arm a nursing human being thats abusing our nation's social services, that would be considered illegal. So for the time being, we have to pick on wild game.

Rich, maybe you should put up the pic of the crazy fanged deer with blood on it's mouth. Then there would be no question about shooting in self defense, lol. Ever watch that episode of south park where the kids go hunting with the crazy mountain uncle? The uncle always yells out, "Its coming right at us!" before blowing the hell out of it with his AR.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lc_o8Zk4s2Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lc_o8Zk4s2Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/goxPmFNDuSw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/goxPmFNDuSw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Koolaid, thanks for the sentiment! The Southpark thing was hilarious.

I wasn't looking for any respect in regards to my hunt. For those who don't understand, an EO Tech is basically iron sights with a lit up reticle. It was zeroed in at 15 yards because I didnt get to go to the shooting range before the hunt to zero it in, so I used a laser bore sight and zeroed it against the backyard fence which was 15 yards away. Next, it wasn't really hunter dream hunt, but it was a quick getaway for a few hours. The pigs are actually considered varmints as there is no regulated season on them. They destroy the land and on the ranch I was on in particular, there was a massive overpopulation. In fact, they pay a guy to go out with an automatic rifle to shoot the pigs in large numbers to trim the population. As far as the AR is concerned, it is a rifle and no different than any other rifle other than the fact that I can use a 30 rd. mag if I wanted to. I fired a total of 5 rounds that night.

Anyways, the point was to tell a funny story about hunting and I figured other Primers that are hunters had much better stories to tell. Sorry to offend anyone, but that's life.

Happy holidays everyone! Later.

Truth be told Rich was really just "lost" as usual, he had meant to go to Taco Bell, made a wrong turn and ended up in the predicament that he had no choice other than to shoot his meal. I'm not a hunter, don't eat pig or cow for that matter, and have no vested interest in the outcome. The smoking part, now that I take offense to!:wink:

Next time, we should arrange an nsxpo after party, where we can chain down innocent bunny rabbits, bambi, and piglets to a post. Then go on a hunting expedition after them as they run around in little chained down circles.

Speaking of hunting, tuesday we're doing a massive sighting in of some firearms. Within a small circle of us, we've managed to make atleast 10 new fire arm purchases in the past 4 months lol. Should be lots of fun. Shame ammo is expensive now though. Makes me want to kill innocent animals instead of shooting beer cans and paper plates from hundreds of yards like we normally do. Atleast you can eat bambi after all is said and done. When it's expensive to shoot targets for fun, I think it's time to get my bag limit and fill the bed of the truck with carcasses.

I'm thinking of doing that 10/22 swap over to 17 hmr bolt/barrel kit. Kind of a pointless sorta rifle I think. But should be good for mowing down innocent ground squirrels, coyotes and prarie dogs from 200 yards out.

I'm thinking of either buying myself a 223 or 308 tack driver next, or doing an OLL AR 15. Is there a best of both worlds when it comes to trying to combine the two?

Rampage??????

Sorry, I was thinking that over too the night I decided to let it spew forth. I was gonna change it but either I had to get going because the mob was here for me with their pitch forks or my shitty clearwire took a dump.

I think rant would of been better.

BTW, clubbed baby seal is on the menu for tonight at my house :) Should come join us for dinner :biggrin:

It is interesting however that pork is like the worst meat you can buy in a super market. Wild boars are like considered sewer rats to farmers and ranchers. It smells like something died (lol) when you clean one. They taste like sticks and bushes when you cook em. But Rich would freeze his @ss off for hours hoping to shoot one lol

Last edited:
When animals kick @ss
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hI7izebJG30&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hI7izebJG30&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

When to quit hunting
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiq8uVMTaBY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiq8uVMTaBY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Why hunters are pu$$ies compared to fishermen.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPyRAvvqa4I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qPyRAvvqa4I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

girlhunt20copy.jpg
[/IMG]

It is interesting however that pork is like the worst meat you can buy in a super market. Wild boars are like considered sewer rats to farmers and ranchers. It smells like something died (lol) when you clean one. They taste like sticks and bushes when you cook em. But Rich would freeze his @ss off for hours hoping to shoot one lol

Its usually the big male boars that smell like crap. They have crazy scent scent glands to mark their territories and it also depends on the land that they live in. Pigs dig and bury themselves in the dirt. Pigs in swampy land usually stink a heckuva lot worse. Farmers hate them because they ruin the land.

I did check-in the pigs at the airport back to New York. The meal(s) turned out fantastic and were a hit to the city people who were sharing the meal. I braised the pig and made a honey cinnamon cilantro sauce to go with it. MMMM MMMM MMMM! Beats Taco Hell any day of the week!

Its usually the big male boars that smell like crap. They have crazy scent scent glands to mark their territories and it also depends on the land that they live in. Pigs dig and bury themselves in the dirt. Pigs in swampy land usually stink a heckuva lot worse. Farmers hate them because they ruin the land.

I did check-in the pigs at the airport back to New York. The meal(s) turned out fantastic and were a hit to the city people who were sharing the meal. I braised the pig and made a honey cinnamon cilantro sauce to go with it. MMMM MMMM MMMM! Beats Taco Hell any day of the week!

I do miss deep pit boar. Honey cinnamon cilantro sounds great! Did you add lime???

I do miss deep pit boar. Honey cinnamon cilantro sounds great! Did you add lime???

Nope. No lime. I braised the thing for like 12 hours with a marinade of garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, olive oil, and paprika. Made the sauce separate with honey, cinnamon, cilantro, sesame, and mirin. I added it in at the end. I think lime would've been a little much...lol.

Nope. No lime. I braised the thing for like 12 hours with a marinade of garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, olive oil, and paprika. Made the sauce separate with honey, cinnamon, cilantro, sesame, and mirin. I added it in at the end. I think lime would've been a little much...lol.

Just curious since out here in california, if you see cilantro, 99% of the time means lime as well lol.

Just curious since out here in california, if you see cilantro, 99% of the time means lime as well lol.

Probably wouldnt have been a bad addition. Im out in here in CA right now. In Brea to be exact. I've had lime with every dish with cilantro in it....lol.

Back