• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is a platform for more.....

Great news, though I hope the rumors are true that the S2000 / Baby NSX vehicle is the new focus in Ohio with the NSX being completed. A more affordable car for us regular folk would be nice. :)

I'll agree with that. FR with the CTR's turbo engine and NSX-derived brake-by-wire and torque-fill, totaling somewhere around 320 to 350 hp, smaller battery capacity and no electric motors in the front yielding lighter weight, all for less than a base Corvette Stingray... Or that in an NSX-derived MR platform would be awesome as well.

I'll agree with that. FR with the CTR's turbo engine and NSX-derived brake-by-wire and torque-fill, totaling somewhere around 320 to 350 hp, smaller battery capacity and no electric motors in the front yielding lighter weight, all for less than a base Corvette Stingray... Or that in an NSX-derived MR platform would be awesome as well.

Yes! Though even as an S2000 owner, I would shell out the extra for an MR platform over a FR this time around. Perhaps something more affordable than the 4C, Evora, and Boxster and similar in performance.

It's probably asking a lot, but they set a good example with the S660 as a fairly affordable MR car (being mindful of the tiny 660cc engine). Something that takes from the purity of the S660 and performance / tech of the NSX in a smaller package. :cool:

I think folks are projecting again

Herr turd did not talk about a cheaper smaller car.

He talked about what are likely to be more expensive variants.

A vert (more money for sure), a lightweight R (think GTR Nismo), all electric (think about the premium charges for the sedan it's size).

The ramblings about simple and pure are all likely to be about the R version.

I think folks are projecting again

Herr turd did not talk about a cheaper smaller car.

He talked about what are likely to be more expensive variants.

A vert (more money for sure), a lightweight R (think GTR Nismo), all electric (think about the premium charges for the sedan it's size).

The ramblings about simple and pure are all likely to be about the R version.

I realize this is a separate thing. I just meant IN ADDITION, wouldn't it be nice if the rumors were true that they were working on a lower powered, less expensive model to appease Honda dealers. I don't think I'm too off topic here if they incorporate even some of the tech from modular big brother NSX.

Obviously, the chances are slim to none for the NSX variants like the R, all-electric, or convertible to be cheaper.

I heard the CTR is going to mid-mounted sidewinder...

Can you elaborate? I imagine you're referring to the CTR engine going in a new car that uses the transverse layout the new NSX originally planned for. Pretty potent engine if it's in a lightweight package.

I hope this baby comes to fruition... patented last May and would be nice if it were slated for 2018-2019 for Honda's 70th. But it's just speculation / rumors at this point. Then again, we know Honda does take a long time to get these vehicles out the door.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 160
  • patent-for-mid-engine-honda-sports-car--image-via-autovisie_100514225_l.jpg
    patent-for-mid-engine-honda-sports-car--image-via-autovisie_100514225_l.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 161
Back