• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is out. HSC will come...next year...

i dislike the look of the corvette also cause it looks like detroit iron. the viper is way overdone especially in red.
BMW and Porsche have distinct styles that look good to me.
Lotus Ferrari Lambos also.

I dunno....IMO I've felt that over the years american sports cars have slowly started to resemble the japansese car counterparts. Look at the the new Viper and the mustang right before the 2005 retro look. They have a lot more cuts on the body and sharper headlights. Quarter panels are more sleek and have a lot more cuts then they ever did before. Even the C6 has a japanese presence along with them trying to put some italian flare to it, but still trying to keep there muscle look with the bulky rear hatch. This is probably of course due to the fact that many of these designers for the domestic side of the market are japanese. Look at the new mustang....Hua Thai-Tang I believe was the designer. But yes, BMW and Porcshe definitely have there own distinct styles, which is why after so many years they can still pull it off.

I realize the HSC is still only speculation but...has anyone heard if it is going to have a Real Manual Transmission ???

Quick fix would be to give the current NSX a very substantial exterior freshning and bring us as the standard car, the NSX-R we don't get. :smile:

Re: NSX / Integra ..marketing message

just a side note on Honda's thinking here for the first qtr of this year Hondas 'brand' TV ads have been about FI heritage and showing all their cars in their range including the NSX..but now there ads have the same start up but no NSX [still F1 cars] but are now stating that the 'Integra'..is the best 'sports car' Honda has ever built...no mention of 'supercar' tho..perhaps intentional..no more supercars just sports cars..

serialNSXer said:
IMHO...personally, I'd rather have a 300HP HSC, over a 500HP Ferrari (been there, done that). The thing some of us forget is that these new cars are becoming a numbers game. More HP, more technology, more acronyms, more weight... I've owned many supercars (short of Enzo league), and I keep coming back to my beloved NSX. Nothing else makes me feel like a better driver than I actually am. All day long it functions like genuine Honda should (that's a good thing :), and then barks into a scream when I get it into VTEC. It never steps out on me, and takes everyday sweeping exits without constantly teach my ass new pucker techniques, like my P cars did, or my F cars did, or... While those cars are exhilarating, its was an exhilaration like I just escaped a life-and-death experience, as opposed the JOY of powersliding my NSX through a corner. Face it, some things are exhilarating because they are dangerous. The NSX delivers all that sex, without none of the fear and expense of HIV.

Wait for it.

The HSC will arrive with 300 of the most delicious HP delivery you ever experienced. It's nominal 34C will make you forget all about the Ferrari's 38DD driving by.

Honda didn't raise no fools...wait for it.

I love this guy! :biggrin:

awsomr1 said:
Well yes, but at less than 300 car a year (current NSX). That is pretty limited in my book too. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Limited for appeal vs. limited by appeal are two totally separate idea.

I Must Say The 2005 Model Has 290hp And The New One Has 300hp? The Car Looks Ok But In My Opinion It Dosent Look Better Than The Nsx Now! What A 80000 Car For Extra 10hp? Honda Be Serious! Supercharge A Nsx Headers And Exaust And That New One Will Bleed!

anderson152 said:
I Must Say The 2005 Model Has 290hp And The New One Has 300hp? The Car Looks Ok But In My Opinion It Dosent Look Better Than The Nsx Now! What A 80000 Car For Extra 10hp? Honda Be Serious! Supercharge A Nsx Headers And Exaust And That New One Will Bleed!

Put 2 and 2 together. Since the 05 RL sedan already has a more powerful 300HP engine and 260 ft lbs of torque, do you really think Honda would put a 300 HP engine in their sports car if they build one? How much more than 300 HP it could have I don't know, but I have a feeling the RL will get a HP bump as well at about its 3rd year in the current cycle, so I'm fairly confident that if they build a new NSX/HSC, it will have at least 350+ HP. My guess is the RL might get a bump to about 315-325, especially since Lexus IS 350 wil have 310 HP from their entry level luxury car.

I was flipping through the new road and track and Borders and saw a small article about the nsx GTR (I think that is the name). The new limited production NSX for 500k. I know I read about it on prime along time ago and I agree with the consesus that it is not an improvement in looks, but the key to the article is about how honda is very serious about regaining their status in JGTC. It also noted how they are not happy about loosing to the 350z and other cars so frequently. I totally believe that honda wants a replacement to pick up their diminishing status in the series. If they produce the HSC in a price class even slightly above the z they could still easily regain their status. As ChrisK was mentioning, the RL sedan has 300hp, they could easily tune that engine with titanium rods and pistons, change cams, and remap the fuel to create a 400hp monster. Put that in a small lightweight car, first place in JGTC no problem. I will admit that Honda has deffinitely disappointed me in the past few years, but they are not dumb.

nuccaJB said:
Put that in a small lightweight car, first place in JGTC no problem.
Serie cars have nothing to do with the Super GT (former JGTC) cars - aside the silhouette. Suspension, engine, chassis - all is different, I'd bet that there is no single part in common. So it really doesn't matter what kind of engine they put in a NSX successor series. They could even build a S 2000 cp. for the GT 500 class that is competitive if they want.

What the NSX GTR leads me to believe is that Honda has no imediate plans for any new super car. If they planned on releasing the HSC, they would have released the HSC GTR for the Super GT class profile. I think Honda is looking at Toyota and Nissan for direction here. Toyota still runs it's long dead Supra as well as the new MRS, while Nissan still runs it's long dead Skyline GTR as well as the new 350Z.

Who is to say Honda won't release the HSC as a 350Z competitor (as eluded to by Automobile's article) with a 350HP 6 cylinder engine to really take on the GT300 class. The GT500 class is steadily pushing the NSX out of its little circle to make room for the new bad boys (Lambo, Ferrari, Corvette, Viper etc) of HP even though those HP numbers are limited. Sorry, but the NSX's layout is too sensitive to weight penalties and altitude changes. I don't see Honda and its direct affiliates (mainly M-Tec) staying in the GT500 class with the current NSX platform.

So what does this leave us? The NSX GTR points to what we will likely see in the GT300 class this season. The GT500 will still have some NSX's floating around in it, but their competition will be fierce. And for the new HSC? All of Honda's superficial notables point to a lack of interest in the program. At least for now. I'm not going to hold my breath. I guess we might learn more at this years Tokyo Auto Show.

I guess I don't understand the whole JGTC thing then. In road and track they stated that the purpose of producing the NSX GTR was to have a "production" car with a few changes so that they could use those changes in order to become more competitive then they have been lately. That is what Dodge did a long time ago with the Charger, they made body changes and released then in limited quantities so they could utilizes those changes in NASCAR and be more competitive. I understood the GTR to be the same. I felt that if they did that then a higher end performance car seems very reasonable to be in their future.

I don't know if Dodge making changes to their body parts would have anything to do with Nascar. Look at the Taurus that raced in Nascar. How many 2 door, rear wheel drive Taurus' were ever made?

nuccaJB said:
In road and track they stated that the purpose of producing the NSX GTR was to have a "production" car with a few changes so that they could use those changes in order to become more competitive then they have been lately.
I already bashed the writer of this R&T article as completely clueless when it was quoted here on another thread. Read the technical rules on the official Super GT website and you'll know enough.

Back in the day when dodge changed the charger to the slant nose and the super huge wing was put on it and the superbee that was done in order to get it into NASCAR. They changed the rules after that because the car was too dominate and they outlawed the huge wing. Modern cars are only loosely based on the actual car. I have no idea if this relates to JGTC. I understand NSX-Racer, I am sure the writer at R&T probably knows less then most on prime about the series and is writing propaganda. Thanks for the info! :smile:

nuccaJB said:
Modern cars are only loosely based on the actual car. I have no idea if this relates to JGTC.
You mean "modern race cars are only"....., right? Just to be clear: JGTC rules are something from the past. Now we're speaking of Super GT rules where the goal was to come closer to other race series in the world. They now have special allowances for cars that are according to FIA GT, AMLS and even the german DTM rules (where you have absolutely nothing from a series car in the race version, these are some kind of Formula racers with V8 engine, a roof and doors).

Result: we may see worldwide GT races in 2006 with all kinds of cars, e.g. Corvette C6R against Ferrari 575 against AMG Mercedes C class against NSX against Maserati MC 12 against Saleen S7R etc. - I'm really looking forward to it.

I can see a $45k MR2 clone in the line up just as easy.
Thats how it looks to me anyway.
Do not confuse concept cars with production cars.
We will see....................

White92 said:
Yes, but would you really want a tweaked version of the same V-8 truck engine? I can already hear the press laughing at the fact that the new halo car from Honda has a truck engine in it. Even if the car blows everything else out of the water, they will still take jabs at that. I won't care though as long as the car performs and lives up to it's heritage.

If Honda does jump into the V-8 realm, do you think they'll make 2 completely different V-8 engines? One for the SUV's and another for it's sports cars? I don't see it happening. What do you guys think?

All Honda has to do is release the V-8 in the HSC first. Then it can put it in whatever they want. The press will say, "Ridgeline now offers a HSC derived V8". "POWER upgrade for the RL! Honda puts its HSC engine in its luxury car."

This would work. How many trucks and cars have "Corvette motors" or "Mustang SVT engines".

Build it. Put it in the HSC. Then do whatever you want with the cams/timing and block and put it in other vehicles to make money to pay for it. :cool:

swbatte said:
All Honda has to do is release the V-8 in the HSC first. Then it can put it in whatever they want. The press will say, "Ridgeline now offers a HSC derived V8". "POWER upgrade for the RL! Honda puts its HSC engine in its luxury car."

This would work. How many trucks and cars have "Corvette motors" or "Mustang SVT engines".

Build it. Put it in the HSC. Then do whatever you want with the cams/timing and block and put it in other vehicles to make money to pay for it. :cool:

Doesnt sound bad, But Honda will most likely release a v-8 for the Ridgeline before any other car. Its about what makes most money first and then what will satify us. BTW the Dodge ram srt-1o has a Viper engine in it.

ADNOH said:
Doesnt sound bad, But Honda will most likely release a v-8 for the Ridgeline before any other car. Its about what makes most money first and then what will satify us. BTW the Dodge ram srt-1o has a Viper engine in it.

That's true I guess. Even Ford had their V-10 in their vans 2 years before you could get it in the truck.

It is feasible that The HSC would utilize the same v6 engine as other Acuras. Look at Nissan, I think every car they make has the same v6 engine option.

However, there really is no excuse for Honda not to be able to build a 500 hp suprcar for less than 100,000. Heck I can do it now and so can you.

First you buy this 91 NSX

then add this Factor X

If it must look special finish off with this HSC body kit :biggrin:

The article says : THE STUDYMODEL has a 300 HP engine"

It does not say : The new model will have 300 Hp.

It lookslike the article is a standard press release from Honda, the part about the engine is a bit mysterious, so we will have to wait.

Note: In the Netherlands this car will (also) un affordable, because off BPM (taxes).

Back