• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LED Taillight Conversion, Ready to Roll!

UPDATE

I have been educated by a member on this forum how to modify the existing NSX turn signal flasher to work with my LED turn signals without having to use load resistors to correct the load to prevent hyperflashing. As of right now, if you send me your OEM flasher unit along with your taillights, I will modify the flasher unit for no extra cost.

When it is your turn for LEd taillights, please let me know if you would like this option, othewise i will install load resistors on your taillights.

Thank You

It is not in the harness you gave me. That is the "taillight out" sensors for the brake lights. The OEm flasher unit is under the steering column. You have to take the panels under the steering column out to get to it.
What and where is the OEM flasher unit? Is it attached to the wiring harness and light bulbs when I sent you my lights.

I just had my taillights installed today. They look frickin awesome!!!!!

You can't truly appreciate how awesome they look until you install just one side and compare them to the incandescent lights. The difference is remarkable. Compared to how the LED side lights up immediately, the incandescent side looks like it has a bunch of gerbils in there lighting matches then blowing them out - so slow! I wish I would have taken some comparison videos.

The whole package really updates the car.

Also, Chris has been great to work with. Our transaction went very smoothly.

I highly recommend everyone on the list go through with this upgrade, and anyone not on this get your name on it now!

I agree, just installed mine (02+, 3 bar version) and it looks great. I might be sending you another set after you finish the current list and get the circular version to swap back and forth.

Hi

Huhey I am now number two on the list. Looking forward to getting my taillights modernized,

Regards

I'm still working on your set right now, since it's already in my possession. I'm waiting on some white LEDs to come in. Your set should be done before the end of the week.
Hi

Huhey I am now number two on the list. Looking forward to getting my taillights modernized,

Regards

Does this mean I am next? should I be sending my lights (new ones) in now?

While you are not immediately next, I encourage you to send your lights now, since they are spares, so I can work on them as soon as I finish the other sets. PM me for an address to send them to.

Thank You
Does this mean I am next? should I be sending my lights (new ones) in now?

Wow these look great and unbeatable price...

How bright are the LED's? super bright or close to OEM brightness?

I'm very interested... I want to get the 02 tail lights done... but i still need to order them...

Also, is there a way to wire it so that when u hit the brakes, the upper reflectors light up as well as the spoiler light and standard brake lights? :biggrin: Just curious...... I think it would look sick!

Or have the turn signals and the upper reflectors blink at the same time with the turn signals?

Last edited:
The standard setup makes the LEDs a noticeable improvement over stock, yet not completely blinding. I can also make them wicked bright, if that's the look you are going for.

I can custom make the reflector sections light up with the brake lights, but it will cost a little more than the regular setup, probably only $100-$150 more.

The choice is up to you, according to your preferences. I am able to work with each individual customer with whatever custom design he wants.

I'm very interested... I want to get the 02 tail lights done... but i still need to order them...

Also, is there a way to wire it so that when u hit the brakes, the upper reflectors light up as well as the spoiler light and standard brake lights? :biggrin: Just curious...... I think it would look sick!

Or have the turn signals and the upper reflectors blink at the same time with the turn signals?

For the first set that Chris made for **me**, in defautl configuration, they are REALLY bright, and I think this is after he tuned it down. ...

For ex: It's so bright, City of Renton is looking to collect some extra taxes since I got "noticed" almost immediately of coming out of the garage... :cool: I didn't get a ticket for the lights, but add to it yellow car + exhaust + sc + bright-as-a-airport-landing-strip-taillights, and you can quickly get more cops on your ass than OJ Simpson in a White Bronco...

In a sense, it's almost too bright and I may ask Chris on how I can tune it down...

If you're worried that they'll be too bright, ask Chris to tune them down the most, if you want to compete with Pioneer Square on New Year's like I thought I wanted to he can do that for you, but you get what you ask for and bring some shades, quite literally, my wife has to squint... Remember the NSX taillights have A LOT of surface area.. not like the Audi's so a lot of LEDs add up to a lot of brightness..

Last edited:
Can someone post pics of NON 02 rear end with non 02 rear lights? I am particularly interested in the turn signal design.

What and where is the OEM flasher unit? Is it attached to the wiring harness and light bulbs when I sent you my lights.

Is there a p/n for the '91 OEM flasher? I'd like to drop ship it to you when you get my lights.

You probably won't be 3 years away. The list is going pretty quick. I
ll add you to the list.

Just wondering where abouts are you down the list? Maybe you can strikethrough those who are done.... I was Rudeboy_baby_nsx and now NSXCessive you can change that if you update :smile:

Here's an update for you guys. I built the tri-circular design for two customers. Here's pics of the 91-01 set with matching circular turn signals:

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02934.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

Chris,

These are looking great! Has anyone sent you installed pictures yet?

I am ooking forward to seeing some "intsalled" pictures soon. I'll deffinately be going to with the GT design when my time comes around.

xory72

Surprisingly no.

For those who have bought my taillights, throw up some install pics.
Chris,

These are looking great! Has anyone sent you installed pictures yet?

I am ooking forward to seeing some "intsalled" pictures soon. I'll deffinately be going to with the GT design when my time comes around.

xory72

How do you post pictures? I just took some with my iphone. This new GTC style looks much better. I might have to give you another set for this style.

Last edited:
Back