• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LED Taillight Conversion, Ready to Roll!

I've been following this closely and was wondering if there are water issues after the conversion? My NSX is a daily driver and sometimes I get condensation in the lenses.

I've been following this closely and was wondering if there are water issues after the conversion? My NSX is a daily driver and sometimes I get condensation in the lenses.

You probably won't have any condensation issues if you replace the gaskets and the weather stripping.

Let's see if this works.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 7,665
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 7,312
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 241
Just be aware that if you do buy new gaskets, and you still get condensation in your taillights, you might have a leaking trunk, because the taillights are basically wide open in the back where the trunk is. I'm not saying you have a leaking trunk, but it's just something to check.

attachment.php

attachment.php

WOW that look Sick good job!

I had the lights sent out from the dealer today , they should arrive at your place soon Chris.

2 pics; turn signals, back up, and running lights, and another with the brake lights on. You can't see the details very well with the iphone pics. You have to see these in person to see the individual LED lit up. Looks much better in person.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 212
2 pics; turn signals, back up, and running lights, and another with the brake lights on. You can't see the details very well with the iphone pics. You have to see these in person to see the individual LED lit up. Looks much better in person.

WOW! I hope mine are that bright when mine are done.

IMG_1561.JPG

Here's my brake lights during a sunny drive yesterday. I'm pretty sure someone took a video. If so I'll make sure it gets posted.

Chris,
What color LEDs do you use for the tail and brake lights - white, red or orange? I ask because in the pictures, the tail and brake lights seem kind of orange when lit up. If you use red LEDs, would they still be bright enough to shine through the red lenses?

I use red/orange LEDs. The red/orange LEDs appear brighter to the human eye than plain red LEDs, like in the 3rd brake light. The red/orange LEDs put out 5 Lumens of light as opposed to the red ones which put out 3.8 lumens. I could try to find some red LEDs, but it's pretty hard to find quality red LEDs.
Chris,
What color LEDs do you use for the tail and brake lights - white, red or orange? I ask because in the pictures, the tail and brake lights seem kind of orange when lit up. If you use red LEDs, would they still be bright enough to shine through the red lenses?

After months of R&D, I have finished final assembly of the 91-05 Acura NSX LED Taillight Conversion.
DSC02273.jpg

I'm very interested in such LED taillights and I wonder why there is such a big price-difference between the ones you're offering here on Prime and the ones which are offered by CLEARCORNERS.com?
Does anybody has experience with both taillights, maybe saw both versions on a nsx-meeting and can give a feedback to these?

Clear Corners does good work, but I think they are overpriced. Per unit, they receive a lot of profit, but they have to pay their workers too, whereas I'm a one man show.
I'm very interested in such LED taillights and I wonder why there is such a big price-difference between the ones you're offering here on Prime and the ones which are offered by CLEARCORNERS.com?
Does anybody has experience with both taillights, maybe saw both versions on a nsx-meeting and can give a feedback to these?

Back