• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LED Taillight conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION

After hearing a lot of people's concerns about being without taillights during my LED taillight build on their vehicle, I have come up with a solution.

I now plan to pre-make the LED modules and test fit them on the set of taillights I have in my possession. Pre-making the boards will take 2 -3 weeks. If it is your turn in line for me to make your LED taillights, I will ask you to send me your taillights ONLY when I have a premade set complete. That way all I have to do is open up your taillights, pop the LED modules in and close them back up. This will allow the customer to keep his taillights longer and not have to worry about being without taillights for an extended time.

Depending on how much the parts are.. make sure to get payment first :biggrin:

NSX guys can be ... cheap and a bit wishful thinking at times :tongue:

Here are some parking light pics and a pic with the parking light and turn signal. The pics of the brake lights are coming soon.

DSC02241.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

These lights look very nice! I have a set of 02+ taillights laying under my bed ready to be fabricate. Please let me know how do you like to go from here? TIA

Re: small upper "triangles"?

I've been monitoring this thread, as I have a keen interest in this conversion (eventually). I have a question, the areas marked below in light-blue w/ the "?", I haven't seen in your posts/pics anything in regards to that area. Or did I miss those pics?

For the '91-'01 NSX taillights (which are transparent-red on the outer surface), could this area conceivably be done w/ amber LED's (in tapering parallel-lines, like the red LED's that would be below them)?

Reference:

* yellow scribble -> non-custom LED-conv' in this thread (a generalized/non-precise schematic for illustration; irrelevant to my "?")
* light-blue scribble -> actual area of inquiry "?" & focus of this post

OSIRIS_X11

I found this picture (not my car) and I believe this is what you are trying to describe. I think this would be the look I would want without the "NSX" centre section. Hopefully he can do this. I will definately get on the list if the final product looks similar to this photo. What do you guys think?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/album.php?albumid=27&pictureid=552

picture.php

Last edited:

Hi,

My original plan was not to include the upper reflector section on the taillight for LED illumination, but I can include that upper section to follow the "step" pattern I have going with the original turn signals. I will add this option to everyone for a little bit more in price if they desire it.

If you want me to put amber LEDs up top in those sections, you will not be able to see the amber color, the color will be red because the reflector is red.

Thank you for bringing this up.
I've been monitoring this thread, as I have a keen interest in this conversion (eventually). I have a question, the areas marked below in light-blue w/ the "?", I haven't seen in your posts/pics anything in regards to that area. Or did I miss those pics?

For the '91-'01 NSX taillights (which are transparent-red on the outer surface), could this area conceivably be done w/ amber LED's (in tapering parallel-lines, like the red LED's that would be below them)?

Reference:

* yellow scribble -> non-custom LED-conv' in this thread (a generalized/non-precise schematic for illustration; irrelevant to my "?")

Last edited:
That brings up a good point.

Just for a heads up.........if it is your turn in line, I will be requiring a down payment just so I know you are serious about this purchase.
Depending on how much the parts are.. make sure to get payment first :biggrin:

NSX guys can be ... cheap and a bit wishful thinking at times :tongue:

Chris.

Yes I would like you to work on my 02+ set mention above. I WANT the PARK LIGHT, BRAKE LIGHT and BACKUP LIGHT only. I DON'T want the CENTER, I DON'T want the BLINKERS. Also my lights have some very minor scratches on the lense that need to be buff/correct. Please let me know my total. THANKX

Hi,

i thought a lot about layouts and one day i'll build my own set. One plan i have is to use that Blue area on your scheme (the reflector area) for the blinkers. I think it will look good.

Nuno

Reference:

Your link is not working?

Did this work as I can see the picture when I open this thread? Please let me know.

LED taillights.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, will do what you like. I have to brush up on my buffing skills, I'm going to buff my taillights at home soon. I'll post some pics so you guys can be confident of my work. I see the price being around $500 plus shipping for your setup.
Chris.

Yes I would like you to work on my 02+ set mention above. I WANT the PARK LIGHT, BRAKE LIGHT and BACKUP LIGHT only. I DON'T want the CENTER, I DON'T want the BLINKERS. Also my lights have some very minor scratches on the lense that need to be buff/correct. Please let me know my total. THANKX

Last edited:

It did work, thank you.

I think I can make them look better than that. IMO, that looks half a$$ on the upper portion. I will make the turn signals and upper light section look as if it was one piece.

I agree the upper section looks a littl lazy! If your version can turn out similar to these that I posted .... I'm in! I agree ... one peice would the answer and I am sure look more uniform so to say. Should all turn out after you post "completed" pictures, put me on the list for around March.

Look forward to seeing the final outcome!

Last edited:
grrreat!

xory72... thanks the reminder message, as well as the linked image here. That is what I was trying to convey in a round-about way, as they say: "...a picture is worth a thousand words" :cool:

apkarian100... good to hear that this a feasible task for future LED NSX taillight conversions!

I'm not familiar w/ the actual OEM/stock NSX taillight function in detail (as I'm generally driving or riding as a passenger, not observing my own/our taillights... :D), but what area acts a blinker in your conversion (ie. the tiered corner portions)?

[truth be told, I don't even know which parts of my own taillight light-up & don't light-up, when they light-up, and so forth in terms of what portion of the taillight assembly is on at a given time & what happens when: parking/combo' lights are turned-on, headlights/taillights are turned-on at night, foot-brake is applied, parking/e-brake is applied, NSX is put into reverse-gear, turn-signal is activated, etc'... :redface:]

With that said, I'm very keen and will more than likely be interested in the long-run!
icon14.gif

UnhuZ... you precisely read my mind, my friend, as I'd love for that particular area (near the ends of the wing-spoiler) to function as blinkers w/ the tiered portion beneath it (I assume the tiered portion act as blinkers?)... or stealth-like, mini strobe-light'like flashers! :p

Last edited:
Alright, will do what you like. I have to brush up on my buffing skills, I'm going to buff my taillights at home when soon. I'll post some pics so you guys can be confident of my work. I see the price being around $500 plus shipping for your setup.

OK. Here are my lights, when would you like me to send them to you? Btw, Any warrantee on your work? Please forward your mailing's address and payment info. THANKX

Attachments

• GEDC0181 02+ NSX Taillights.jpg
    GEDC0181 02+ NSX Taillights.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 101
  • GEDC0182 02+ NSXTaillight.jpg
    GEDC0182 02+ NSXTaillight.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 114
It is your choice when you would like to send them to me, I could always take them early for safe keeping. Let me know and I'll get that address to you.

ATTENTION

My LED taillights will come with a ONE YEAR WARRANTY against malfunctioning LED modules, wiring, etc. If you find the taillights defective, all you have to do is pay for shipping back to me and I will fix them for free.
OK. Here are my lights, when would you like me to send them to you? Btw, Any warrantee on your work? Please forward your mailing's address and payment info. THANKX

It is your choice when you would like to send them to me, I could always take them early for safe keeping. Let me know and I'll get that address to you.

ATTENTION

My LED taillights will come with a ONE YEAR WARRANTY against malfunctioning LED modules, wiring, etc. If you find the taillights defective, all you have to do is pay for shipping back to me and I will fix them for free.

Cool. What is the time estimate if I send out my lights buy tomorrow? Do you need half payment? full payment?

I like the idea of making the templates first and having the lights off my car for a minimal time. We have a winter here so my car is only driven half the year. If its in storage, like it is now, no big deal. I just didnt want to lose her for the summer.

Also, it seems like with a time period of 2-3 weeks per order I wouldnt get my lights done until next winter anyway.

You can put me on the list. When it comes time to order parts I would be happy to send you some money to cover the expense.

Anyway, put me on the list.

Thanks,
Jason

You are on the list.

Thank You
I like the idea of making the templates first and having the lights off my car for a minimal time. We have a winter here so my car is only driven half the year. If its in storage, like it is now, no big deal. I just didnt want to lose her for the summer.

Also, it seems like with a time period of 2-3 weeks per order I wouldnt get my lights done until next winter anyway.

You can put me on the list. When it comes time to order parts I would be happy to send you some money to cover the expense.

Anyway, put me on the list.

Thanks,
Jason

Funny, I don't see myself on the list before Angus or even after him.
Trev...I guess uncles get special attention. I'm on the SPECIAL list.
Hang on, the short yellow school bus is here to get me.
Rovert, opps, Trevor

I've got some pics of the brake lights, parking lights, and turn signals:

Parking lights:

DSC02253.jpg

Brake and Parking Lights:

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

Brake and Parking Lights, and Turn Signals:

DSC02256.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back