• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Life Lesson

Today I was out shopping and while walking in towards the store from the parking lot an elderly (75+) lady came out of the store and stopped - just looking at my NSX. As I approached her, she said "What a beautifal car. I just sold mine." Well I just had to know more.

She told me she had purchased an NSX as her retirement present in 1991, but that her joints were past the point of being able to get in and out of it, so she sold it to a student at Moorehead University just last weekend.

You could tell from her voice she really missed the car and had the realization of being mortal - not able to do the things she once could. But the twinkle in her eye showed me she knew something more important - she had owned and enjoyed one!

I've been living this lesson for years. Have your fun NOW while you still can. Buy the NSX, travel the world, skydive, rock climb, hunt, race, fly, love and live! Our time here is so short, to deny yourself today for a future that may never come or one that finds you unable to do the things you want is nothing short of a crime.

All of you with NSXs know what I'm talking about. If you don't own one - go get a loan, sell the house, hell just lease or rent one - learn what it is to LIVE!

-ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

Very well post Ed.

This is exactly what i try to explain to people when they ask about my NSX, and they have this look on there face like 'your throwing your money away...'

Mich

i cant wait another year, im selling my kidneys, going on a dialysis machine and buying my nsx now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(im easily encouraged!)

ps i agree wholeheartdly experience life while youre still young and able:D

Well Post!
I am selling my old car, my dog & cat, computer & T.V, cloth & shoes just to get my NSX and I am no regret till now :D
Now want to get a 2nd NSX, but nothing to sell anymore :mad:

Wow, that's a great story! I makes me feel even better about when I bought my X. My goal was to have one by the time I was 30. I beat that goal by 1 1/2 years, partially by going out on a limb to make it happen. Yes, it has been a stretch for me to afford this car, but I have driven it daily for 1 1/2 years now, and it helps to make me feel good. I have always believed that as a car "nut" that they should be enjoyed, and hopefully at a younger age as well as at an older age. I just hope to have more cars to have fun with as I grow older.

92' Black/Black

Great story and well said. I've seen my parent's generation work really hard all their lives only to enjoy for only a short time and some not even being able to reap their rewards due to illness or even an untimely departure. You can always get more money but never get back your youth. Enjoy while you can. Words that I live by.:cool:

That's a great story! The other lesson is you can't judge a book by its cover. I wouldn't expect there are too many 70 plus NSX'ers out there! Maybe there will be more now that hormone replacement therapy is no longer recommended.:D

I want to see the ad:

For Sale:
$35,000
1991 NSX
14,000 miles
One owner
Driven by a little old lady on Sundays to church

For $39,000 I'll leave on the BBSC, Comptech headers and racing slicks

Last edited:
tpearsall said:
I want to see the ad:

For Sale:
$35,000
1991 NSX
14,000 miles
One owner
Driven by a little old lady on Sundays to church

You may think this is improbable, but the situation for my car was very similar.
I bought my car quite a few years ago from a little ol' lady from north of SF. She owns her own business, and finally decided that it was impractical to have the NSX. She replaced it with a 5 series BMW, so she could drive clients around. When I met her for the first time, she came out completely decked out in a Ferrari racing outfit! She told me that she used to date a race car driver when she was young, and had owned other sports cars in the past, such as Porsche, and I think Lotus. She said the NSX was her favorite sports car.
The car had very low miles. She did not drive it aggressively. The only thing wrong with the car was that there was a small dent on the left rear fender, near the part where it goes up to form the spoiler. She owns two big (I mean big!) dogs, so one of their huge dog chains hit the side of the car, and dented it slightly. It also had bald rear tires. Otherwise, it was perfect.

Nice story, nsxbuilder.

After I changed the slicks that were on the car with nomral OEM tires, sequential shifter with the 5-speed, reput in the air condition, stereo, passenger seat and the rest of the interior... the young guy I bought it from told me that it was his granma car! Never raced or used in rain ;) :D :D

Great post! I agree, and random events can change the path of your life much more than planning, so you might as well enjoy the good times while you can. To quote the Exotic Car Code of Ethics:

"I will always have a smile on my face when inspecting, driving, or showing my cars to others. I will never forget how fortunate I've been to own such automobiles and I will constantly remind myself that the future is uncertain, and that today may be as good as it gets."

Joel said:
You can always sell your soul...to the devil.
That's good for at least, say, an Enzo or a Murcielago! ;)

I did sell my soul, but all I got was this lousy Pontiac Fiero. The Devil said the NSX had to be an all cash deal.

PorknBeanz said:
I did sell my soul, but all I got was this lousy Pontiac Fiero. The Devil said the NSX had to be an all cash deal.

I guess it's a buyer's market for souls. Damn NASDAQ.

gheba_nsx said:
PorknBeanz, do you have photo of the "Diablo"? No matter it is not original, if it is well well well done, I love replicas!

Here it is, it won 1st place at the 2002 Knotts Berry Farm Handcrafted car show.

Attachments

• my car.jpg
    my car.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 901
PorknBeanz said:
Here it is, it won 1st place at the 2002 Knotts Berry Farm Handcrafted car show.

That looks great. What's it based on, a Fiero?

I don't want to hijack this thread, so any other questions please PM me. It is based on an 11" stretched 1987 Fiero.

Listen to this guy.. i'm living this nightmare... Yikes... you know how it goes...

you push back on moving into management.... your an engineer - after all.. and why the hell would you want to move into management???
years go by...
you push back again..
years go by
you make the plunge... this time they came with an unbeatable offer....
years go by.. you get promoted... you run a team.. team grows.. product grows.. customer base expands.. your living on a plane.... you've paid for everything you own but find that NOW you have no time to actually enjoy it...... your getting older.. and realize you what you should be doing is working to LIVE.. not Living to work......

I think i need to quit my job.. cash out.. and be an IC again - LOL.... at least i'll still have my X.... (then again.. there's the little birdie inside that still says "hold out.. just wait a bit for the new X to come out..."

My sentiments exactly!

Have fun while you are healthy. I have seen too mnay squirrels stash their acorns instaed of enjoying them, then die early. If they will lend me the money, and I can make the paymnets, and I want a toy I get it. Right now I am stretched with an 87 911 Cabriolet and an 01 Boxster. They are great cars, but I am in the process of swapping them for an NSX-T. When the cash/borrowing power equation is right I will make my move. And after the fact my fanancial situation will actually be easier payment wise than it is now! Just a matter of time folks.

Wow the NSX peeps in here are really Deep... :D But I understand what people are saying. I on the other hand got my NSX when I was 22. I bought myself an NSX for my B-day. I love spoiling myself. :D I've enjoyed it ever since... Its been a 1 1/2 now and I love my NSX still. I see older people driving around their Corvettes, Vipers, Ferrari, and other exotic sports cars and always wonder if they ever regret buying the car so late after they have experienced it. I am lucky to be able to purchase mine at a young age and to be enjoying every minute of it.

On the replicas:

I still have the goal of building a diablo inspired replica. I have a builder less than 20 minutes from me. His chasis was designed by a ex-nascar man and it is AMAZING. Of course, my car would be powered by a twin turbo Viper V10 :) I've already done 1 viper turbo motor, so having one in anther car would be no problem. Should weigh in at under 3000lbs when finished... insane.

I'm all about living for the now. I'm in the low 20's (*low*) and i've already owned one of my goals; Dodge Viper. NSX, Ferrari, Lamborghini.. they all have their place in line. My focus right now is my next house, which should start construction of in the next few months I hope.

Do it while you can. Money comes and goes, but memories last forever.

MM

Back