• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LoveFab at Haute Saintonge France

Last sunday, I took the car out to my local track in the South West of France.
It's not a very fast track but it comprises a few difficulties that are not obvious to master including a downhill off camber blind turn that one enters at over 110 mph...
Last time I went there, I had good fun chasing a 485 hp 991 GT3.
This time the car was upgraded with KW V3 clubsport coilovers replacing the Bilstein/Zanardi combo and a weaker (OEM) rear swaybar replacing the 22 mm Dali bar.
Avon ZZR semi-slick tires inflated at 2.3 and 2.5 bars.
In short, the car performed faultlessly: no overheating, good power, good brakes.
The handling was sharper than before making it much easier to reach the apexes even when coming in too fast.
The front to rear balance was good allowing to apply the power earlier when exiting the turns.
As I've never raced any other car than the NSX it's difficult to judge the quality of the handling but to me the car still feels a little "soft".
My passengers assured me it felt very stable?
I didn't have the time to play with the hydraulic settings that were in the middle of their range.
That could maybe explain my feeling?
On track, I passed relatively easily a Lotus 350 Exige S, the latest Alpine Renault coupe.
Due to the traffic I was not able to catch a pall with a Cayman GT4 allthough in the straight I could clearly pull in what I had lost elsewhere.
The only car that passed me (with a lot of difficulty) was a Nissan GTR.
This was mainly due to the my superior braking power and my semi-slicks on this twisty track.
I'll upload a video as soon as I can work it out.
Great fun in any case!
It was also amazed by the enthusiastic welcome of many of the attendees for most of which had never seen an NSX....

NSX vs GTR video

Here's the first video where I'm battling with a GTR.
The guy had been behind me for a lap or two and then got nervous by passing me in a forbidden area...
He was "driving" well over his means in my view?
The battle would have been more equal if I didn't carry a passenger weighting more than 100 kg!
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5YjSCudoc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for sharing! Great Video!
One thing is for sure you got way more fun than the guy driving the GTR, and in a much safer maner! (he was driving above his skills, lucky for him the car eletronics and AWD saved his day)
You are right it was great fun!
I was amazed myself to see that the GTR didn't really pull away that much on the straight.
It also proves that power alone doesn't make fast times.
Too many people buy the most powerfull car available and believe they can beat everyone on a track....
On the other hand, like you, I've spent a lot of time (and money) to make the car competitive.
Getting the brakes right including the NA2 ABS (with your help!), solving the cam cover breathing issue, getting the right wheels and tires, moving from supercharged to turbo, getting the cooling to work among others was part of a long process without the means of a factory but in the end the result is there!
The car is fast and reliable and it looks almost stock haha!!!

Last edited:
Fast and Furious at Haute Saintonge

Here's another video taken at Haute Saintonge.
It was the first outing of the day and by chance, I found myself behind a Lotus Exige 350 S, an Alpine A 110 and a Cayman GT4.
Look at the video to see how it went!
In the end the car got quite loose as the tires went way beyond the recommended pressure.
Great,great fun for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKuHuUlyBo&feature=youtu.be

Back