• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on a wet track...

I've just done a track day in the wet today. I did one a few months back with a poor wheel alignment, and road tyres which had gone hard from being on the track a few times before. It was awful.

Today, with wheel alignment settings as suggested by TitaniumDave, and on Toyo R888s the car was great. I'll post some video when I hae edited it up a bit. Now when I mean rain, I mean rain, not the slightly moist pictures posted above. The only nervous moments were going through the full track width, pools of standing water.

So that's what they call "Wet ones" in Southern California? I see. :smile:
YES!! It was insane, people start crashing everywhere on the freeways (literally)!!!!!!!!

-Nah, those pics were taken during the afternoon when the track was 'damp'. I guess the photographer didnt want to get his camera equipment wet in the morning and mid-day when it truly was 'pouring' with a few inches of standing water. :biggrin:

Oh, one thing you northerners/easteners/ans Euros have to keep in mind is that since we never get rain in Southern California, when it does rain, all the oil buildup in the asphalt over all the months of dry, combined with the scorched surface of the asphalt makes the grip levels MUCH slicker (like ice) than ANY surface that regularly gets rain. This happens for both our racetracks and especially our city streets -which sometimes become as slick as ice.

So in defense of all the bad drivers in SoCal, when it rains, our roads can be much slicker than your 'wet' roads ;)

Also their is not much of a 'wet line' (staying off the dry line) in Southern California Tracks since we do not get the rubber buildup/surface polishing on the racing line that most other tracks (across the country/world) get.

Have only driven my NSX on a wet track once. It was raining most of that day and the track was very slippery.
I don't think I ever got any further than 3rd gear and sometimes the tail would break loose when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.

Heel&toe it :)

Take a good racing school in the wet and or have a good instructor teach you how to drive in the wet. Don't blame the car.

They are fun in the wet!:
MyCar.jpg

DriftJimCscarcut.jpg

+1:biggrin:

Back