• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX owners in there 20's

I'm 26 will be 27 on feb 9th!
Hopefully by 30 I'll have a 355 spider if Steve from The Last Detail would ever find me a good one already!
wink.gif

Aaron

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
You're very wise doing that... (man, is there nothing u r L337 at?
tongue.gif
)

Perhaps the question on this post should be re-worded.... "How many <30yr old NSX owners actually <FONT COLOR=red>OWN</font> their NSX" (not 'the bank owns it')

Just F.Y.I., I own all my cars not the bank.
smile.gif

18? 22?

I got my car at 28!
Man, you people make me look bad.

And here I am thinking, "Yeah baby, I'm the $h!t."

You people make WAY too much money at such a young age.
wink.gif

Vamp: I'm living in Cerritos so it's still part of L.A. County!

Phoen$x: You got you head on straight. I should follow the same route but alas, impatience got the better of me!
wink.gif

Originally posted by medusa:
I'm 25 and in your neck of the woods vamp. There is 2 other nsx owners where I live. Hit me up, love to see another NSX (speeding along the 110)

right on man we should all get to meet each other and see our cars I just like to see lots of NSX's in one place. Call me crazy but I love that sh*t. seeing NSX's all in one place that is.

Originally posted by NSX2NV:
Last weekend I looked at a 94 yellow Ferrari 348 Spider loved the exterior but the interior is very dated. In 2-3 years when I save up I'll look at a 355 or anything new the market has to offer.

[This message has been edited by NSX2NV (edited 24 January 2003).][/B]

real age:27

I with you and VampNSX on the 2nd exotic by age 30. I've previously testdriven the Viper and got rid that idea. I like the Esprit V8 and F355. Did you testdrive one? If so, how did you like it? I personally wouldn't go for the 348 simply because the 355 prices will be down when I'm 30. Heck, if the price is right for a 360, I would love that even more. Nevertheless, the next exotic must be faster!!

Anyone with two or more different exotics care to share?

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
You're very wise doing that... (man, is there nothing u r L337 at?
tongue.gif
)

LOL, thanks for cheering me up, <font color=red>Neo</font>NSX. I have to hand it to you young'uns though, you're an inspiration to all.

In my next life I vow to own an NSX or NSX2 by driving age
biggrin.gif

But then you'd be criminal.

If owning a money making institution is a crime sign me up!!

...and hated by everyone.

Not hated by everyone, but I do get those looks (majority from ballers on a budget)

Hey Vamp, Hit me up @ 310.993.8003 and I'll call the other nsx owners in the area. Meet up in like South Pasadena Starbucks or Hooters??

Perhaps the question on this post should be re-worded.... "How many <30yr old NSX owners actually OWN their NSX" (not 'the bank owns it')

FWIW, I OWN my NSX and every other vehicle occupying space in my garage. I've always had a rule that I would never take a loan for any vehicle.....regardless of how much I'd like to purchase it.

Best regards,

Ben
Current stable:
'91 TT NSX
'99 Hennessey Viper Venom 600 RT/10
'94 Porsche 911 C4 turbo
'89 Porsche 911 cabriolet (for sale)
'97 Ducati 996 SPS
'01 Suzuki Hayabusa turbo
'99 Laverda Formula

(I wish I had a bigger garage!)

Originally posted by beckertb:
Perhaps the question on this post should be re-worded.... "How many <30yr old NSX owners actually OWN their NSX" (not 'the bank owns it')

FWIW, I OWN my NSX and every other vehicle occupying space in my garage. I've always had a rule that I would never take a loan for any vehicle.....regardless of how much I'd like to purchase it.

Best regards,

Ben
Current stable:
'91 TT NSX
'99 Hennessey Viper Venom 600 RT/10
'94 Porsche 911 C4 turbo
'89 Porsche 911 cabriolet (for sale)
'97 Ducati 996 SPS
'01 Suzuki Hayabusa turbo
'99 Laverda Formula

(I wish I had a bigger garage!)

What do you do for a living. That is a serious garage full of transportation.

As for the question, I'm 32 but on my second one. Was 29 when I got the first.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

What do you do for a living

oh...we've been down <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001336.html">this avenue</A> before on... he might be a "Cleaner" (i dont mean the toilet-cleaning type) or something...
wink.gif

92NSX... have i ever told u i LOVE your username? So simple and perfect!!!

Hey Becker
tongue.gif
... do u mind me asking why you're selling ur '89 Porsche 911 cabriolet? (and don't tell me it's because your garage isn't big enough
wink.gif
)

Beckert, how long did you wait for Hennessey to upgrade your Viper? My friend bought a new Gts and gave Hennessey 150k for the upgrades almost 2 years ago and he hasnt got the car back yet. Ive heard some horror stories about that guy!

------------------
91 Acura Nsx
99 360 Modena
03 Mercedes Sl500
02 lexus Lx470

Originally posted by medusa:
But then you'd be criminal.

If owning a money making institution is a crime sign me up!!

...and hated by everyone.

Not hated by everyone, but I do get those looks (majority from ballers on a budget)

Hey Vamp, Hit me up @ 310.993.8003 and I'll call the other nsx owners in the area. Meet up in like South Pasadena Starbucks or Hooters??

thats great man ill give you a call this week.

An early model NSX is a great car for the money, but not expensive by any means. Unless you bought it new, of course. A decked out Accord V6 could even cost you more. Nothing special about owning a NSX in your 20's, except for being able to pay for insurance!
wink.gif
Now if you can buy a late model or a new one and are paying for it yourself, more power to you, but in that case, I hope that a NSX is not the only item of value in your portfolio.

Originally posted by ck:
An early model NSX is a great car for the money, but not expensive by any means. Unless you bought it new, of course. A decked out Accord V6 could even cost you more. Nothing special about owning a NSX in your 20's, except for being able to pay for insurance!
wink.gif
Now if you can buy a late model or a new one and are paying for it yourself, more power to you, but in that case, I hope that a NSX is not the only item of value in your portfolio.

Well one of the reason I ask about the 20s age is cause I want to meet more of them and hang out with them cause hanging out with people that are older are most likely not having much fun. Well there are some people that are over 40 that still act young but 90% of them don't. Its not about how much you have or make its just about hanging with people my age. I just don't understand why some people just start saying stuff like the bank does not own my car. So please don't get offended if you are not in your 20s.

Originally posted by VampNSX:
cause hanging out with people that are older are most likely not having much fun.

I think it's a safe bet that anybody who owns an NSX knows how to have "fun" and are plenty of fun to be around. Of course if your definition of "fun" includes gansta rap and "riced up" NSXs, then you might be right. But those types of NSX owners aren't likely to be found on this board.

Just MO.

Neo
What do you do for a living
I'm dedicating my resources in an effort to acuqire and utilize our fossil fuels.

Hey Becker ... do u mind me asking why you're selling ur '89 Porsche 911 cabriolet?

I need to clear some space in the garage. The cab is a great car. I've had it for several years. It's just the car I don't use enough to justify continued ownership.

Vegasnsx,

Beckert, how long did you wait for Hennessey to upgrade your Viper? My friend bought a new Gts and gave Hennessey 150k for the upgrades almost 2 years ago and he hasnt got the car back yet. Ive heard some horror stories about that guy!

I purchased my car with the Venom 600 package already installed. I confirmed the upgrades with a fresh dyno rather than just recepits. Hennessey certainly has a colored past and has hustled many, many individuals for large sums of muney. That's why the car is currently at Heffner's performance for it's supercharger installation and not at Hennessey's for a twin-turbo package.

Best regards,

Ben

Re:
hope that a NSX is not the only item of value in your portfolio

Well put, I am dumbfounded by the vast number of people in their 20/30's that have never even heard of the (no-brainer) Roth IRA, but driving around in $30K+ autos. I wonder if they are putting $12K in their 401K this year. The reason I bring this up is to make the unaware aware, invest a little now and later you can retire with the next, next, next gen NSX, M5, LS430, etc. For the last few years the NSX may be one our more stable assets which is sad (for the stock market) and exactly why I'm dumping all I can into the market now. Sorry to get too off topic under this thread, but could not resist sharing the power of information, especially in this younger thread.

I was looking through one of my old Econ books and found an equation.
2001Stocks + 2002Value = Oxymoron

To Vampnsx,you should have stated your specific ? in your original post rather than asking a survey type ?.I'm sure you can find some similar aged nsxers to play with.Don't discount us 40 somthings though.From my xpo experience most owners are not stuffed shirts nor boring!

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
I think it's a safe bet that anybody who owns an NSX knows how to have "fun" and are plenty of fun to be around. Of course if your definition of "fun" includes gansta rap and "riced up" NSXs, then you might be right. But those types of NSX owners aren't likely to be found on this board.

Just MO.

Ricer up?

OK are you starting to talk SH*T to me? If so what the hell did I do to you? All I ask was if there were any people with a NSX in there 20s But if you do what to talk Crap then go ahead. I guess I cant ask a question without someone getting mad or feel insecure about them self's. What's next someone will find it offensive that one person has a 91 NSX and the other has a 98 so they start to talk crap and tell each other that one is cooler than the other. Come on guys lets just have fun and not take like a insult.

I hope you don't take this in a bad way too

I don't like RAP but if I did what difference does that make.

Back