• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners, post YOUR garage or workspace.

Oh, not the entire neighborhood, but they do pretty much cover all of our homes energy needs. Nice to have very small bills in the winter, and I get paid to sell my excess energy back to the utility company all summer long.
nice solar build and garage build! Would love to do porcelain over my SE Michigan floor, but worry about cracking, especially in the winter. keep us posted on how it works for you!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Please let me know what kind of tiles those are. My only concern would be durability. I wouldn't want them to crack.

I'm going to get my floor done the same way. Looks great!

These are porcelain tiles that will outlive me (not exaggerating). They have a PEI rating of 5 (highest heavy duty rating). Each tile weighs a staggering 8 lbs. You can drop anything on it and it will very difficult for it to crack.

OMG your garage is too perfect......I mean that in a good way...Are you by chance OCD? Looks very well designed etc.........................:cool:

Thanks! No I'm not OCD..maybe OCD when it comes to my garage LOL. Actually, I moved my daughter's scooter, bike..etc. out of the way to make the pic look good, ha!

Stunning- I have similar cabinets and that looks awesome- was wondering if you have any concerns over the winter WRT tile and durability? I was considering polyasparic or a polyeura 3 coat chipped surface but this could be WAY more cost effective and looks awesome.... polyasparic finishes up here are 7-8 a square foot! (thats more than clear maple forcrisakes...

No concerns over durability. I did my research on porcelain and it will outlast me. I was going to do the epoxy metallic but IMO tile looks much better. Also, in doing research, the epoxy metallics (vs the flakes) will show scratches.

Doing tile was more expensive than epoxy but it will last pretty much forever.

Lotsa of great ideas in here! Love the air hose ideas since we still lack the air compressor.

When we moved in the previous owner was a car guy too but lacked the vision to organize better. The garage had a lot of space but the ugliest looking floors and the hanging lights really dated the garage and made headroom feel small:

We took the opportunity to completely finish the floors, ditch all the hanging lights and painted everything to give it a fresh new look. All the lights were replaced with overhead LED flush mount lights and we pulled an extra 100 amp line for the dedicated 220 volt uses:

The workbenches, and all the stuff is slowly going into the garage now but still have a lot of "detail" work to be done to make it a real garage. This pic was taken after we hung the cabinets (saved from our kitchen remodel) but still need to get repainted.

For the single bay day, we had the garage rails re-tracked and went to a side mount garage door opener in preparation for the 4-post lift:

here you can see the rails on the single door is totally out of the way and no more hanging garage opener! We plan to do this to the double door later just to gain more headroom:

More to come as we finish....

Last edited:
Some updated pics, looking back at my previous post the garage was just completed and completely empty. Now its so full, that i need to rearrange areas and maybe look into parking lifts.

Last edited:
Just finished my garage at my new house:
That looks perfect!

Porcelain tile is great. I replaced my peeling epoxy with it a year ago and have zero regrets, even as a 'working' garage shop.
I think you and Jim just convinced me to look into porcelain tile instead of epoxy for my garage floor.

Lotsa of great ideas in here! Love the air hose ideas since we still lack the air compressor.

When we moved in the previous owner was a car guy too but lacked the vision to organize better. The garage had a lot of space but the ugliest looking floors and the hanging lights really dated the garage and made headroom feel small:

We took the opportunity to completely finish the floors, ditch all the hanging lights and painted everything to give it a fresh new look. All the lights were replaced with overhead LED flush mount lights and we pulled an extra 100 amp line for the dedicated 220 volt uses:

The workbenches, and all the stuff is slowly going into the garage now but still have a lot of "detail" work to be done to make it a real garage. This pic was taken after we hung the cabinets (saved from our kitchen remodel) but still need to get repainted.

For the single bay day, we had the garage rails re-tracked and went to a side mount garage door opener in preparation for the 4-post lift:

here you can see the rails on the single door is totally out of the way and no more hanging garage opener! We plan to do this to the double door later just to gain more headroom:

More to come as we finish....
Looking great Rick! You guys have definitely been busy, lol.

Some updated pics, looking back at my previous post the garage was just completed and completely empty. Now its so full, that i need to rearrange areas and maybe look into parking lifts.
Wowza! Pure wow.

20190930_172003.jpg

that is a toy-racket-bat scarecrow....

Docjohn

Your garage brings back memories of my wheels! Thank you so much for helping me to keep my Blitz 03’s!

long live the Blitz type 03 reverse setting wheel!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job getting them restored.

I wish it was like endless shrimp......it is 4 door but you can squeeze 5 cars ...however the 12 ft ceiling height allows for vertical future stowage..

Garage photos

My 96 and 17.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1014[1].jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1014[1].jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_4833.jpg
    IMG_4833.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 295
Stacked up winter work at the McHovel
BMmaCEE7i8QjlWYmkIyYc-KcE-v77iuT2-FUpfi6T-AaZu6vkVxhGPCTjEbsUX1_IenqUKqHNglR_XVmLtmspOwF-cNjT0TIVVYGBIPWSLbokS7hjAVxiE6h8nqJZuaSG8Hbq8-2BhONM2DkIzpHYwBDuAysSJnNEAE4Lg0G2ZYAIXQJA4gGVJ0LUqYNLBME6NWRh_AQQ1IaOkCatGOIKUovCGeU6oQnv_1rPCMw-UNpLR1EBVUyw0sogU5Svj1oQgaigTuzzCmILb26syAaVuh_9ynVz7IVXIFmoapbZIxWs-4HwYqBA_CLsOezTPZEXLKgD-4oHVl-ZEFpY3QObBi8UFqoLScAEimztVnXnFLKuc014Mzl4y4eMWrPQTMS4wh1RDMDZSV2BGbpxm2KTpdYE4HEfY9YRZUsv7xkUUET5fiMfdZvZ6JqnAtfMmnCLEDwcYlBrlL1xvYy0t3TfRZkzcMSkJhebLoakLjO1QQ8IOzKaXusyNjSPFTGDndeSLMIazAXp9FZvpQZao_YVd148WZaw4PBxErh7KAYxLFGsscMVjDN5ozWZiki8ZzrNbz6z7X4ZWJCGnpQ1gkZJe8Nsrw8v4SBHtY3eS7BzvsJu6x5A7XxVg70AOCnyV6cVzcdyXbdTLyTaNV9G3bipOf78Wyf2rxKVZVHTjRKb3dZfXsHUKKGmQ=w1279-h960-no

4 NSXs?

Tight fit in the back left corner, lol.

I bet the red convertible (Porsche?) feels left out of the Honda family, lol.

Yep, it's snug & cozy in there.....but car dollies help to utilize every available square inch for sure.

That orange Jag F-Type convertible is certainly surrounded by Hondas, but no hard feelings this long after WWII :victorious:

Yep, it's snug & cozy in there.....but car dollies help to utilize every available square inch for sure.

That orange Jag F-Type convertible is certainly surrounded by Hondas, but no hard feelings this long after WWII :victorious:
Ah, I see, although I could totally picture it being done sans dollies.

Okay, I see it now, I was having trouble figuring out what car that was, but now I can make out the Jaguar emblem, lol. The front fender should've helped, but I defaulted to a P-car.

Barn Queen

Attachments

• lift 038.JPG
    lift 038.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 24
  • lift 037.JPG
    lift 037.JPG
    341.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1116.JPG
    1116.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1118.JPG