• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners who left & returned

called the guy I sold my NSX to and paid hin $5,000 more then he paid me for the car.

ROFLMAO.... are you serious?!!! so that guy got to drive your NSX for free the whole time AND made $5000?

Well if you want the Porsche can you sell me your NSX now then? I'll give it back to you for only 3K more. :tongue:

after seeing what I sold my first NSX for after driving it for two years putting 20K+miles, I don't even have to get permission for my next savings account(NSX):biggrin:

Looking for #3 as soon as my driving record clears up(Jan 09):smile:

Too funny, when it comes to the wives I guess some guys have their hands tied, could definitely see why. My question to those guys who had to ask permission to acquire another NSX is what happens when she suddenly decides that the only rubber she wants you that close to actually attaches to YOU?! I mean what would happen if suddenly she turns around a year or two later and comments on how much more room there would be in the garage if the NSX was sold? I guess you could always have a well worded pre-nup done before you get married lol....

I'm on NSX #4.

#1 - 1998 Blk/Tan (sold after 6 months for M3)
#2 - 1998 White/Blk (sold after 2 years for 911 Turbo then RX-7)
#3 - 1999 Silver/Blk (totaled by mechanic during joy ride after less than 1 month of ownership - long story)
#4 - 2004 Silver/Blk (LOVE IT! Had it for 4 months and am in the process of modding the hell out of it. I think it's a keeper)

I have never sold an NSX and I will never do so...my baby will stay with for eternity...lol...I am just interested in Turbotogo's view of the Aston Martin Vantage and the 360 Modena...most would salivate at owning a Modena...so i would love to know what its drawbacks were? The NSX to me (with mods:biggrin: ) is the ultimate machine - but then again...I am not in a financial window where I could drop $200,000 on a car...way too many other things to do with that kind of spending money!

Dam:cool:

My story....
I bought my first NSX, a 2000' 6 years ago and have loved every moment with it. Last year I put a deposit down on an R8. Recently I was informed that my pre-orderd car was due for delivery this month. It was a tough decision, made a little easier by the fact I'm not made of money, but I passed on the R8. Next month, if I see a white R8 on the road with carbon fiber blades and gray interior...will I feel like crap...NOPE! Today was one of those perfect sunny, cold winter days in Oregon...I had the top off, the heater on full blast and drove the bejeezus out of the best car I've ever owned. I'll never sell... So for those that did...and want it back...I understand.
TC

Hello, i bought an 91 4 years ago and drove with it for about 3 years. I sold it and now i drive a new legend. The reason for selling was the costs for repair. I think the previous owner didn't like to handel and maintain the car well and so i had to pay for all the repairs. Finally afther many repairs i decided that i would never buy a second hand car anymore. When i drive the legend i am in heaven and have no worries. Oke it is not a nsx but it is a very nice car and it always works and my warrenty is 5 yaers! Mayeby the new nsx is somthing to look for.

I am just interested in Turbotogo's view of the Aston Martin Vantage and the 360 Modena...most would salivate at owning a Modena...so i would love to know what its drawbacks were?

I really wanted a car to drive, not a garage queen. Modenas are garage queens or else the car becomes worthless when you put lots of miles on it. I like the car itself. I just like the reliability of Honda and I don't like having only ONE dealer that can service my Ferrari.

Where the NSX fails is its age... its interior materials are of cheap quality even if they are screwed together correctly. It's tech features suck. I mean the rearview mirror does not dim and there is a cassette player in there. The odometer is mechanical and the who ignition/security system sucks. The Aston in comparison is gorgeous inside. But its steering is vague compared to the NSX, its more of a GT and doesn't handle as well. And with the CTSC my car will just walk away from it.

Do you know who the NSX is? The NSX is a really hot girl that does not even know she is hot. Have you ever met one of those?

...and there is a cassette player in there.

If you get a chance, take a look at the interior of a Gallardo. It's a modern supercar and still has a cassette player in the dash (has a CD as well). Just goes to show you how ahead of it's time the NSX really was. :tongue: :biggrin:

Thanks Dave, for the great insight...however...you talked about a "GT"...is that the Mustang GT 40? I would love to hear how it compares to the NSX! It seems to be quite a heavy car...and I was wondering if you could drive it all the time? My baby is in the garage...as it is winter here in Calgary...but it sure is nice to start her up and just listen to her purr...it reminds me of why people turn their heads when they hear or see her coming!:biggrin:

I am not a Giants fan...but something tells me that they may pull the upset...:tongue:

Thanks Dave, for the great insight...however...you talked about a "GT"...is that the Mustang GT 40? I would love to hear how it compares to the NSX! It seems to be quite a heavy car...and I was wondering if you could drive it all the time?

If I read the post correctly, GT = Grand Tourer. The Aston Martin DB9, BMW M3, and Bentley Continental GT are all good examples. I'm not sure if the Mustang qualifies as a GT car...

I really wanted a car to drive, not a garage queen. Modenas are garage queens or else the car becomes worthless when you put lots of miles on it. I like the car itself. I just like the reliability of Honda and I don't like having only ONE dealer that can service my Ferrari.

Where the NSX fails is its age... its interior materials are of cheap quality even if they are screwed together correctly. It's tech features suck. I mean the rearview mirror does not dim and there is a cassette player in there. The odometer is mechanical and the who ignition/security system sucks. The Aston in comparison is gorgeous inside. But its steering is vague compared to the NSX, its more of a GT and doesn't handle as well. And with the CTSC my car will just walk away from it.

Do you know who the NSX is? The NSX is a really hot girl that does not even know she is hot. Have you ever met one of those?

Wow...This speaks volumes in favor of the NSX. Thanks Dave. Btw, I'm stealing your quote.

I've read about, and met in person, many former NSX owners who have moved on to something else and regretted it; thus, some return to the NSX.

I got mine in '00. The only way I will sell her.......is for ANOTHER NSX. Now If I can just use my Jedi powers on Vancehu to sell his car to me when I'm ready:frown: ..."waves hand unconvincingly"

Last edited:
I meant a Ford Gt 40...lol...sorry. I ahd one blast past me in the summer...it was grey and it looked and sounded very Phat!! Just wondering how it compares...I know that people are making money buying and selling these vehicles!!:eek:

I meant a Ford Gt 40...lol...sorry. I ahd one blast past me in the summer...it was grey and it looked and sounded very Phat!! Just wondering how it compares...I know that people are making money buying and selling these vehicles!!:eek:

Now now Greg, you are just being humble. You were likely philosophizing the comparative aesthetic beauty between the two cars the very moment he blew by you; thus any consideration to actually accelerate with him, hadn't even crossed your mind:biggrin:

I have never driven a Ford GT but REALLY like the car. Mid engine, very limited production, extremely fast and very strong bottom end, race ready, unique, beautiful. It shares many things with the NSX.

Btw, I'm stealing your quote.
LOL... OK, but I want royalties...

Greetings

I spent about 8 months driving various cars before purchasing my 2003 NSX. I kept a spreadsheet of the 46 different cars that I test drove. I drove BMW's, AMG MB, Vipers, Corvettes, Porsche's, Ferrari's, Infiniti's, Lexus's, Aston's, Audi's, Lamborghini's, etc. I had always wanted a Countach back in my 20's when they first came out -- I drove 3 of them and was never so under whelmed. I rented a few of the cars listed above to drive for 24 and 48 hour periods. The money you spend before buying is a great investment -- it may keep you from making a mistake.

The most impressive and scariest car was a Ford GT. I was looking for and purchased a daily driver. The GT can be a daily driver. It was amazingly fast. It handled extremely well. You would really have to be on your toes every day that you drove it. It was very powerful and very responsive. I have owned and drive many impressive autos in my day, but I think that this one just might be the best. I felt my reflexes are now too slow to drive a car like it. I liked it better than my buddy's SLR MB (although the doors are not as cool).

I drove 5 NSX's that I did not buy -- they did not have the options, color, or that special something that I was looking for. Number 6 was the right one.

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
2008 is likely to bring the sale of the M3 in favor of an old 1988 E28 M5 and a more practical, warrantied daily driver. (2008 TSX is the top contender)

My NSX is a permanent member of the 'collection'.

brahtw8;

I love your plan to move to an e28 M5 and a more practical, warrantied dd... I have done exactly the same over the years. I have an e28 M5 and an e30 M3 as weekend (non-winter) fun cars (along with the NSX), and bought a used e55 AMG as the dd. Good strategy, great cars... but it makes it a challenge exercising them all regularly!!

-Wick

brahtw8;

I love your plan to move to an e28 M5 and a more practical, warrantied dd... I have done exactly the same over the years. I have an e28 M5 and an e30 M3 as weekend (non-winter) fun cars (along with the NSX), and bought a used e55 AMG as the dd. Good strategy, great cars... but it makes it a challenge exercising them all regularly!!

-Wick

The funny thing is that I have come very close to buying an E28 M5 on two occasions in the past, once in 2002 and once in 2006. In 2006 I had one in my garage for a week before the deal fell through. (I may well buy the same one this Spring).

121_2188.jpg

121_2189a.jpg

On both occasions, I ended up with a Sebring Silver NA1 NSX Coupe instead. First my 1993, then my 1991. Both within 6-8 months of nearly buying the E28 M5.

Now, I have no more excuses.

The funny thing is that I have come very close to buying an E28 M5 on two occasions in the past, once in 2002 and once in 2006. In 2006 I had one in my garage for a week before the deal fell through. (I may well buy the same one this Spring).

121_2188.jpg

121_2189a.jpg

On both occasions, I ended up with a Sebring Silver NA1 NSX Coupe instead. First my 1993, then my 1991. Both within 6-8 months of nearly buying the E28 M5.

Now, I have no more excuses.

Here's mine:

-Wick

P1010132.jpg

P1010130.jpg

Here's mine:

-Wick

What a piece of junk. You should get rid of it. I'll take it off your hands for a pittance to spare you any more embarassment. :biggrin:

She is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the European bumpers and headlights. I take it that is a converted US car rather than a true Euro?

What a piece of junk. You should get rid of it. I'll take it off your hands for a pittance to spare you any more embarassment. :biggrin:

She is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the European bumpers and headlights. I take it that is a converted US car rather than a true Euro?

Yep, she's converted. As is this one (below) which is my DE car.

-Wick

autox_IMG_5229-1.jpg

Back