• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R in Best Motoring 2006 July

This July 06 issue of BestMotoring DVD featured another NSX-R battle, this time Drift King's personal NSX-R vs AWD cars (Gallardo, 997 C4S, STI, EVO).

I can't wait for the August-06 Best Of Motoring, it should be even more interesting.

http://www.bestmotoring.jp/BM/200607/

ph_1_302.jpg

Custom colored for NSX-R? The color of Drift King's NSX-R seems to be different shade of pearl white as oppose to other NSX-R with Championship white (diamond white pearl), his NSX-R looks really cream like off-white pearl color.

Custom wheels and suspension as well on his R car. His car had an accident in the snow last time. :biggrin:

Jin1976 said:
Custom wheels and suspension as well on his R car. His car had an accident in the snow last time. :biggrin:
I see:eek::biggrin: , no wonder his NSX got a custom color.

Type R on the right
9802.jpg

9791.jpg

Jin1976 said:

aftermarket wheel: prodrive GC06
suspension: not sure what he had now, but he used to have some prototype suspension on it
paint job: I'm pretty sure it's a factory color that is available in Japan but not anywhere else. (you could get the same color on GT3 and GT4 too). It's not a repaint either. His car had this color since day one.

and regarding the bm's 'battle', the Gallardo had passed the nsx-R and won the race. Yet nsx-R had the best lap time in time attack (running solo?) in 1:03:xx.

I think that's the Neutron White, available only in Japan.

nsxsupra said:
I see:eek::biggrin: , no wonder his NSX got a custom color.

Type R on the right
9802.jpg

9791.jpg
WOW

HOT like WASABI!!! :biggrin:

Everyone forgets that the NSX is available in colors other than white.

Cheers

AR

Tsuchiya's NSX-R Details: Platinum White Pearl Paint, Roof and Side Mirrors Painted

Attachments

• nsxr2.jpg
    nsxr2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 478
thank you for posting the pic so I can see it in details. I had the disc, but it's not a dvd so it came out a little blurry when in still

anyway, here's what the interesting thing on this car........ 215/45/17 front
apparently, they have problem finding the right R tyre in Japan too. Look at the close up pic of the suspension. I see rub mark. (the white spot).

It's been couple years since the video came out, does Kei office finally finish the coil over.?

I got this video but haven't watched it yet! No spoilers please!

I'm secretly hoping the drift king's NSX-R pulls out four aces in the track race, but the gallardo will probably win. :(

For some reason that gallardo is lookin super hot in those top three pictures. But the nsx-r always looks great, especially with those prodrives.

AR99NSX said:
Everyone forgets that the NSX is available in colors other than white.
AR
That is true for NA1 Type R, not true for NA2 NSX. Otherwise what is the point of starting this thread. Never seen another NA2 Type-R in other color, at least not genuine ones from factory, not in Honda's official site, any publications, brochure, or at any dealer's web sites.

There is no other colors released officially by Honda. Other than Drift Kings custom painted NSX-R, either painted after purchase or Honda did it for him with special privilege. Only he can confirm that.

The yellow nsx above is by no mean NSX-R. Look carefully. If that is a type-R every 02+ type S, with R hood and spoiler is a Type R, where is the r-seats?. Probably swapped the wheels with the NSX-R 2 cars down.

nsxsupra said:
That is true for NA1 Type R, not true for NA2 NSX. Otherwise what is the point of starting this thread. Never seen another NA2 Type-R in other color, not in Honda's official R site, any publications, or at any dealer's web sites.

There is no other colors released officially by Honda. Other than Drift Kings custom painted NSX-R, either painted after purchase or Honda did it for him with special privilege. Only he can confirm that.

The yellow nsx above is by no mean NSX-R. Look carefully.

I have seen Red and Black NA2 Type-R in Japan. I'm pretty sure you can order it in any color you want.

I still think Championship White should be the only color to have that car, or any type R for that matter.

nsxsupra said:
Pretty sure is not a fact. Show me hard official proof. I have seen NA2 R look alikes in Japan as well, anyone with 02+ type s can buy the hood and spoiler from GTrom, fairly easy to get in Japan.

There's the custom order plan, where you could order an NSX any way you want. Are you saying the Type-Rs were not part of the custom order plan? If not, I'll make it a point of taking pictures of non-white Type-Rs the next time I'm in Japan to confirm/deny. :)

nsxsupra said:
That is true for NA1 Type R, not true for NA2 NSX. Otherwise what is the point of starting this thread. Never seen another NA2 Type-R in other color, at least not genuine ones from factory, not in Honda's official site, any publications, brochure, or at any dealer's web sites.

The yellow nsx above is by no mean NSX-R. Look carefully. If that is a type-R every 02+ type S, with R hood and spoiler is a Type R, where is the r-seats?. Probably swapped the wheels with the NSX-R 2 cars down.

Fact is Tsuchiya's R is not champ. white... there you have it.

nsxsupra said:
Pretty sure is not a fact. Show me hard official proof. I have seen NA2 R look alikes in Japan as well, anyone with 02+ type s can buy the hood and spoiler from GTrom, fairly easy to get in Japan.

I have seen black NA2 Type R here that looks even better than white ones here in Soutehrn Cal, lol.

2代目タイプR(NA2)の変更点
カーボンボンネット&リアスポイラー
フィン付きフロントアンダカバー
リアディフューザー
ブラックドアミラー
専用DBW(ドライブバイワイヤー)
専用塗装インテークマニホールドトップカバー
ポテンザRE070
鍛造BBSアルミホイール
シフトインジケーター
専用インテリア
レカロ製フルバケットシート
チャンピオンシップホワイト :biggrin:
初代タイプRから2代目タイプRの大きな違いはエンジンでは3.0L~3.2Lになりミッションも5速~6速ミッションに変更になった事が大きな違いです。
重量では初代タイプRが1230kgに対し2代目タイプRは1270kgと40kg増となってしまいましたが、そこは排気量でカバーしていると思います。

From world.honda.com:
http://world.honda.com/news/2002/4020523.html

Interior and exterior

The NSX-R's high-performance cockpit features improved functionality and an exhilarating sports car feel.

Custom ball-shaped titanium shift knob and a lightweight mesh shift boot
Leather-wrapped Momo steering wheel (In airbag-equipped cars, only the leather-wrapped portion is made by Momo)
Recaro carbon fiber Aramid full-bucket seats with leather upholstery
Shift indicator with LEDs that flash then light on to indicate the engine's power peak and rev limit
Aluminum-finish custom center and side panels; carbon fiber panel laminated to side panel and shift plate
High-matt rubber used for dashboard and trim to reduce reflected glare on the front windshield
Instrument panel with carbon-black background and yellow needles
In addition to the eight standard body colors, the NSX-R is also available in custom Championship White.
Custom painted headlight garnish (Championship White)
Red front "H" emblem --- the sign of a genuine Type R
Aluminum mesh engine maintenance lid and custom-painted red intake manifold cover
The Custom Order Plan allows a rich variety of interior and exterior color combinations, along with various coordinated premium body and wheel color selections.

This page lists the color variations for the NSX-R:
http://www.honda.co.jp/NSX/nsx-r/variation/index.html

Despite Tsuchiya's unbelievable driving, the Gallardo blasts past the Type R on the straight and even continues faster momentum in the final corner. It was painful to watch. I believe the Gallardo was the latest 520HP model, but the NSX did have the fastest time attack.

Either way, it is clear that the NSX lacks power even on Tsukuba. Someone needs to develop a streetable version of the 2006 GT500 SuperGT NSX engine without charging two years salaries and deliver similar specs::wink:

MACHINE
Machine Name ARTA NSX

Base Model Honda NSX R-GT
Machine Specifications
Model Type NA2
Length × Width 4610 mm × 1900 mm
Weight 1100 kg
Wheelbase 2530 mm
Track (F/R) 1678 mm / 1660 mm
Transmission HEWLAND 6-speed sequential
Clutch AP C/C 5.5" 4plate
F: Suspension Double Wishbone with pushrods and inboard dampers
R: Double Wishbone with pushrods and inboard dampers
Brake
F: ALCON
R: ALCON
Tire Bridgestone
F: 330/40-R18
R: 330/40-R18
Wheel Rays
F: 13J × 18
R: 13J × 18
Engine Specifications
Engine Model C32B
Engine Type V6 NA (Longitudial-mounted)
Displacement 3494 cc
Bore × Stroke - mm × - mm
Air Restrictor 30.3 mm × 2
Maximum Power 500 ps over / - rpm
Maximum Torque 60 kg-m over / - rpm
Lubricant MOBIL
Engine Tuner / Maintenance
Engine Tuner M-TEC
Maintenance DOME

scorp965 said:
the NA2 type R can be ordered in any color, I believe Vance confirmed this from the catalogue... Here are pictures of non-white NA2 type R's:
I stand corrected:smile: There are only 600 NA2 + NA1 NSX-R available, I would imagine the # of NA2 NSX-R custom ordered colors is very very limited.

Last edited:
nsxsupra said:

I have seen black NA2 Type R here that looks even better than white ones here in Soutehrn Cal, lol.

here is an offical site in japan
NSX-r avail in diff color and int color, also the seats are avail in RED or black
NSX-R Variation

153722002_NSX-R_page.JPG

variation_image1.jpg
variation_image2.jpg
variation_image3.jpg

Last edited:
Back