• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX-R & NSX-Reventon project

Hugo: Killer car!

When does it go up for sale? Or maybe you can create an upgrade kit and sell it like you did with window regulators. Then we can all have NSX-R upgrade tech sessions.

Wow. I am so inspired by this thread. Now all i have to do is find the right nsx and looking at this build. Anything is possible.
I love your attention to detail and look foward to a possible meet at a future expo. Keep up the great work

nsxr1.jpg

:eek:This is almost exactly what my dream NSX would look like. Excellent taste, sir!:cool:

So here is the story:

First NSX is a genuine French NSX bought in France, and towed away by truck to Portugal (around 1500kms). Car had only one owner, red color, 93, manual, with only 38000kms. Bad news it was left under a cover in a french farm for over 10 years! Windshield and hatch glass were broken and some mice eat the seats and wires, water and straw got everywhere, so a lot of work needed for this car, some rust and aluminium corrosion also needs to be cleaned

Second car is a genuine licensed Portuguese NSX, extremely rare over here, also single owner, from 91 with 26000kms only. Owner was a 70 years old man that passed away in 1996, car was stopped since then due to legal heritage conflits. I then bought the car without documentation, and after some long effort I finally got the papers signed from the heirs.
Bad news it was an automatic. WAS, as I am converting it to manual, conversion is not too dificult once you are stripping the full car as I am :wink:
I sold its automatic engine to a team of Paris-Dakar, to use on some race sand buggy :biggrin::biggrin:
color was sebring silver.

Wait a second...you found not 1, but actually 2, low mileage NSXs that essentially sat for almost a decade each?? How did you ever find them??

Also, the one was owned by a man who passed away, but was the red one also owned by someone who passed away (I cannot imagine just leaving it in a barn for 10 years just because)? Any pictures from how they looked 'as they sat' when you found them?

Great work though! Truly amazing in every detail. :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks again guys!

GoldNSX: you should have told me before I fit the new gearbox in place! Anyway, the 3 month warranty the seller gave me would be void if I did open it just to replace that bearing or the snap ring...I will think of it now when I'll have to replace the clucth.
wareenw: unfortunately I won't be able to keep all 3 cars, and will have to sell one or 2 very soon:frown:
Dreampowered: I will be at 2012 NSXPO but without any of my cars, I'll be pleased to meet you there
Meeyatch1: here in europe is easier to find a low mileage nsx than in the US simply because we can't use the car as a daily driver,fuel is about 9$/gallon here, so it will always be a second car, for the weekend or special events. Then not many people like the car the way we do ("we" as primemembers and NSX addicted). Parts and maintenance are something that will scare a potential new buyer. In top of that, if it is a non running NSX, stopped for a long time, with a need of a full servicing, all belt, waterpump, fuel pump, tyres, painjob, seats, automatic to manual conversion... that will be just for a crazy nsx lover like myself I suppose. The Portuguese car was for sale for months and I was the only one to buy it probably because of the documentation troubles... Same thing for the french one, but this time I knew about it from a french firend of mine owner of a Honda dealership in France. Now I think it´s probably that deffective gearbox in top its light accident that made the owner stopped the car in the first place and gave up replacing it...then ten years of bad storage did the major damaging.
In the end I was lucky to find them, and even more lucky to be able to fix them exactly the way I wanted.

What if I told you there is a JDM 2003 coupe, under 15000 miles for about 40000$? What if that 2003 coupe was a genuine NSX-R for that price? you probably won't believe me right? Well this car is for sale for about 1 year, and it is a genuine NSX-R, converted to a racecar, located in Germany
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/honda-nsx-r-rennwagen-rechtslenker-chemnitz-mittelbach/96335966.html?lang=de&pageNumber=1&__lp=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=15&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&negativeFeatures=EXPORT
It would be very easy to convert it back to a road version, with a full paintjob and add some fake or genuine NSX-R accessories. Can you imagine the value of that car? This is a car that only someone like us would buy I guess!
At the end you probably won't like to remember the old interior and racetrack history right? Well that is how I feel, but I will add some "before" pictures at the end of the project

For now I have new pics of the Reventon to share with you and Nefarius

I had trouble bleeding the clutch line, the clutch master is quite small and makes it very hard to fill a complete dryed line. Car was automatic so there was no clutch line before!

I took the car for an "illegal" testdrive today (no insurance, tax or MOT) so I could only drive it offroad.
She still needs some final headlight cover adjustments. I scratch the other one while adjusting it, so it had to be reprayed today:rolleyes:
She runs on oem shocks and height for the moment, rear seems quite higher but a major 4-wheel alignment should solve that problem!
Car needs to run now...and will then be a good base for a later turbocharging and interior mods.
Interior is stock but I have some suede and carbon fiber on my mind...
My good friend Nuno "HunhuZ" gave me that antenna, I couldn´t live with the chrome OEM one on a matt car

reventon2hidden.jpg

dsc02508o.jpg

Portuguese people really hate that "old" black license plate, it is mainly used for vintage ...and military cars nowadays!
Military look is just perfect for the Reventon :biggrin:

Last edited:
Great work! The white one is my favorite. Those red seats just make the interior jump out!

:eek:This is almost exactly what my dream NSX would look like. Excellent taste, sir!:cool:.

+1,000,000,000,000

DEAD SPOT ON what I'm planning!!!

I thought I would be the first one to do the OEM seats in red...as opposed to everyone else giving their white car the "Type R" treatment going with the red racing seats.

Oh well, maybe I'll be the only one on this side of the pond with one done this way.

BUT...I'm gonna leave the hood stock...and I'll be leaving that silly-looking front plate thingy off!

Actually, it is a sever safety hazard to have a front plate. It disrupts the naturally intended airflow, and thus down force. This can cause very dangerous instability at 150+ mph. Our lawmakers are trying to get us killed, I tell you! :D
Plus, it looks like a buck-tooth or a cold-sore on that beautiful front end.

PS: I am so stealing this picture for my computer desktop wallpaper!

Last edited:
The Reventon looks good so far. Once it is completed, it will be a nice car. Now the white one is absolutely heavenly looking. The red leather and white wheels on the car just look so amazing. I would love to see a bunch of large high quality pics of it. I need some new desktop pictures on my computers. :wink:

I love the type R hood, but I hate the type R spoiler, which is why I love the results on this car.

Correction: the "Type R" rear wing you speak of is only the 2nd gen Type R. The ORIGINAL Type R has a stock OEM wing...like this one! :)

Last edited:
Many thanks, can´t get enough of your feedbacks

I haven´t fit any "nsx-r" aftermarket accessory until now, but that nsxr wing is definitely on my need list, as for the 02' valance to match those WestWing skirts for the white NSX-R...

Good news, the Reventon just passed the annual MOT today without any issue, it has now became road legal to drive her! :rolleyes:

It was then time for her first wash, and here are some fresh pictures taken today.

img0920ys.jpg

img0918hidden.jpg

img0917hidden.jpg

Cars look really different, but that is exactly what I was looking for.
My opinion is that the Reventon now looks way too stock for its color, it really needs some crazy interior, bigger wheels, some lowering springs..and of course a TURBO!
The NSX-R is just a replica, there is no much of a personal taste on it, but is sure looks nice, I really can´t say which one I prefer :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
I really adore the white one. Makes me think of asking my painter to do it too. White/black is the much better color for an NSX than anything else.

Here´s a sweet pictures of my 2 girls in the garage :biggrin::biggrin: We can see the Reventon definitely needs to lower down a few inches when compared to the nsxR

nsxrreventon.jpg

I am now preparing the white one for my long road trip to France scheduled for next week, just to make sure she will get there!
I will document my journey to share with you

Thanks again for all your support and feedbacks

Last edited:
Hi guys!
I just did my first roadtrip with the NSX-R, I only start reving the engine over 3000rpm after 1000kms, it is now fully broken-in I guess :biggrin:

dsc02547j.jpg

Gave her the Shell VPower fuel to drink all times, here with the symbolic spanish fighting bull on top of the hill :biggrin:
dsc02533zu.jpg

Not a single drop of oil consumption, water temperature was always under midle scale, oil pressure always hitting the 7bars...

dsc02537uw.jpg

Finally we arrived in France, and successfully passed the bi-anual MOT inspection.
img0950zy.jpg

Inspector never saw an NSX before and was really amazed by the all-aluminium suspension arms and chassis...:wink:

Last edited:
Back