• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX-R & NSX-Reventon project

Hi guys!
I just did my first roadtrip with the NSX-R, I only start reving the engine over 3000rpm after 1000kms, it is now fully broken-in I guess :biggrin:

Gave her the Shell VPower fuel to drink all times, here with the symbolic spanish fighting bull on top of the hill :biggrin:

Not a single drop of oil consumption, water temperature was always under midle scale, oil pressure always hitting the 7bars...

dsc02537uw.jpg
Is that normal oil pressure?

Last edited:
yes its the normal pressure when the oil hasnt warmed up yet.

Once the oil is warm and thinned out, at cruising speed/3500 rpm the oil pressure is usually right at the middle of the gauge.

I also thought the oil pressure was anormally high, the picture was taken after several hours of driving, oil was real hot for sure! In my other black NSX with twice as much kms it hardly passes the middle of the gauge. Pressure sensor may be missreading the real value or incredibly engine is so new that its moving parts clearance are still too tight???:cool:
Anyway I use the same oil in both cars: fully synthetic Motul 5w30, as we can't get the fully synthetic 10w30 in Europe...

I thought the oil pressure looked kind of high too, but didn't know if that was normal under certain circumstances. I remember the oil gauge looking like this most of the time in my NSXs:

2012-07-05_19.jpg

Hi everyone it's been a while!
I have some sad news: I just sold the NSX-R, buyer is coming to collect her at the end of the month, she will remain in France after all :frown::frown:

I had to sell her, as I can´t keep them all, it doesn´t make a sense anymore. It is always sad to sell a car, it's like a piece of history of our own life that vanishes away...

anyway, here I took some pictures next to my black one
the Reventon is missing, I could not join the 3 cars at the same place at the same time...

blackandr.jpg

Black is so shining that you can see my reflection just over the front right turning light :biggrin::biggrin:

blackandr3.jpg

Here some NSXPRIME mainpage style picture:

blackandr2.jpg

I will now be able to focus on the Reventon and turn her into a turbocharged BEAST:biggrin:
Stay tuned on this neverending project

Last edited:
Well, my favorite color ever will always be black, and she was my first NSX so I will always have a special feeling for that color. Ayrton Senna himself had a black NSX.
It surely gives a lot of work to keep her clean but also will reward you the most eveytime you do clean it I guess!

How can anyone not love that color?? :biggrin:
blackbeautydesktop.jpg

Well, my favorite color ever will always be black, and she was my first NSX so I will always have a special feeling for that color. Ayrton Senna himself had a black NSX.
It surely gives a lot of work to keep her clean but also will reward you the most eveytime you do clean it I guess!

How can anyone not love that color?

Love / hate thing with me...looks good, but a PITA to keep it that way...

BTW: Re Ayron...THIS is NOT black! :D

I remembered to post some pictures from the roadtrip when I came back from France with the NSX-R.

I always loved to drive by night, car gets really dirt of mosquitos, here's how it looks after 1000miles :biggrin:

img1159mo.jpg

img1157ss.jpg

One good thing about mosquitos, and probably the ONLY good thing about them, is they can be used as airflow charts, like in a vent tunnel, to see how the air flows over the car
I particulary like this one that managed to pass all the way by the radiator fins to finally get crashed under the NSX-R bonnet mesh grill :biggrin::biggrin:

If I was a mosquito this is how i would like to die, rather then with an asphyxiant spray death
That particular mosquito did not die in vain, he prooved by sacrifying his own life, that the NSX-R vent is actually working :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

img1150dg.jpg

Hi!

I am the next owner of the type R nsx of Huga!
I meet Huga sunday in portugal and drive the car back in france. Car sould be il my garage monday night!

I am so exited, I can't sleep at night!

After that I will put my S2000 on sale... Or just keep it, who know!

Hi!

I am the next owner of the type R nsx of Huga!
I meet Huga sunday in portugal and drive the car back in france. Car sould be il my garage monday night!

I am so exited, I can't sleep at night!

After that I will put my S2000 on sale... Or just keep it, who know!

CONGRATS...and enjoy in good health!

May she always tattoo a smile on your face....

Hi Guys!!

It's been a while, I´ve been busy doing another NSX-R, out of my first black NSX this time!
At first it felt like if I sold my soul, but I had very good reasons to do it other than just for money, will reveal all my secrets very soon :wink:

Meanwhile conversion was an exact replica of the first NSX-R, same Championship White color, same interior, same wheels...I even had to repeat that full aluminium vented NA2-R style on the NA1 bonnet, so I thought there would be no point posting all the same again
img1431s.jpg

Here already painted and fit in the car:
img1468hidden.jpg

Same interior...same homemade NSX-R style engine mesh cover
In the background is my 3rd gen Prelude, also known as the "baby-NSX"

img1456ex.jpg

I bought this car in my early ages! Car was fully painted with S2000 silverstone color, TypeR 4 lugs 16" genuine Honda wheels (very rare), extremely lowered :biggrin:
My Honda passion grew from a long time ago!

nsxprelude.jpg

4WS - 4 Wheel Steering is of course what makes the Prelude an interesting car, being the 3rd generation the only one with a 100% mechanical shaft connecting the front and rear steering gearboxes without any electronics.
Wheel base dismension is almost the same as the NSX, technically it would be do-able to fit that 4WS system on an NSX!
I guess steered rearwheel power would probably only make you do donuts...

img1452wl.jpg

Anyway...it's time to say goodbye to my first NSX, she will be towed away by truck to Mulhouse in France, next to the German border and of course the German unlimited Autobanh´s :rolleyes:

img1444lr.jpg

Still have the Reventon to cherrish! this one is not for sale!
The saga will continue very soon!!
Stay tuned!

A last picture of my beloved NSX already loaded on the truck on its way to France and her new owner

img1480fx.jpg

MEANWHILE...I've been in Paris 2 weeks ago, doing some shopping and .... bought another NSX there :biggrin:
img1423fy.jpg

I found this car through my good friend Tol from Paris, bought it directly to one of the Honda Motor Europe chairman from France
It's one of the very early nsx, 91 model, used as an instruction and formation tool for the Honda engineers, kept all these years in a "laboratory"! Never saw rain or even sunlight!

Bad news is during all these years, parts that were not useful for instruction have been lost or sold througout Honda dealerships in France!
img1398tr.jpg

Good news is car has an unbelievable low mileage of 2500 miles (4000 kms) only, car starts and run, all the mechanical and electronic parts are there, even the A/C works! Gearbox serial # is under the snap-ring failure range.

car was loaded this saturday in Paris, and it's already on its way to me in Lisbon Portugal :rolleyes:

img1488lo.jpg

These 2 trucks will cross eachother somewhere between France and Portugal...can't wait to receive my new car!
This project neverends, I have the idea to make another NSX-R out of this new one!

Last edited:
Wow!!!!

Awesome!! I love red! Can't wait to see this next build come together!!

Bad news is during all these years, parts that were not useful for instruction have been lost or sold througout Honda dealerships in France!
img1398tr.jpg
I like your sense of humor. :) For gods sake, what did Honda to this car! This is canibalism at it's best! Well, I don't think they stripped a perfect car. Are you sure nothing is wrong with it? Frims only take very young items back to the 'instructors level' if they can't justify selling it to a (complaining) customer.

A last picture of my beloved NSX already loaded on the truck on its way to France and her new owner

img1480fx.jpg

MEANWHILE...I've been in Paris 2 weeks ago, doing some shopping and .... bought another NSX there :biggrin:
img1423fy.jpg

I found this car through my good friend Tol from Paris, bought it directly to one of the Honda Motor Europe chairman from France
It's one of the very early nsx, 91 model, used as an instruction and formation tool for the Honda engineers, kept all these years in a "laboratory"! Never saw rain or even sunlight!

img1398tr.jpg

Good news is car has an unbelievable low mileage of 2500 miles (4000 kms) only, car starts and run, all the mechanical and electronic parts are there, even the A/C works! Gearbox serial # is under the snap-ring failure range.

car was loaded this saturday in Paris, and it's already on its way to me in Lisbon Portugal :rolleyes:

img1488lo.jpg

These 2 trucks will cross eachother somewhere between France and Portugal...can't wait to receive my new car!
This project neverends, I have the idea to make another NSX-R out of this new one!

THe lowest mile 02+ conversion coming ?!?

wooow u lucky man.

im also looking for a nsx projekt. something that needs some work.
any idea where to find one? been seing some nsx in USA under 20k but i dont know if it will be to expensive with the import to Germany.

Hi Guys! It's been almost a year now, time to unbury my twin-build post with some terrefic news: I got my 1st white NSX-R back!
She had several small issues like clutch problem, some lake of power but it's a nice oportunity to see how she aged since I brought her back to life.
Had to let her go 2 years ago with 40000kms, now she's back to me with 54000km

GoldNSX was absolutely right: "the countershaft bearing is still a known weak point in the transmission. If you change the clutch in the future it's not a bad idea to open the case and change the snap-ring and bearing".

Car had a HUGE and annoying dead bearing sound, so I started by opening the gearbox and replaced that bearing and snap ring, then of course
closed everything with oem silicon and filled her up with 3 litres of Honda MTFIII

nrzm.jpg

Incredibly last owner used to drive it in the snow!! hopefully 2 years is not enough to oxydize the sandblasted suspension arms, so a hot high pressure water jet cleaning and a paraffinization to prevent her from oxydation was all she needed :) Still looks pretty new to me

mz4a.jpg

e4qa.jpg

Clutch start to slip after 10.000 kms only, carefully checking on the manual it seems that the discs have diferent thickness ?? I guess I missed that part
1st clutch disc: 8.3 - 9.0 mm
2nd clutch disc: 7.6 - 8.3 mm
Service limit is: 5,9mm and 5.4mm for disc #1 and #2 respectively

First time, I had them rebuilt with 3.2mm thickness ferrodo pads on each side, that was a mistake, means 6.4mm + 1mm steel disc frame = +- 7.4mm for each discs, that's under the minimum standard thickness for disc #2.

This time I rebuild them with 3.5mm thickness pads instead, it's the highest available thickness they have anyway, so now I am with 8mm of thickness all around, much more close to new oem standard thickness, it should last longer this time :)

A fresh pictures of my baby back home

pys0.jpg

n3py.jpg

More news and photos to come very soon!

Were have you been buddy? your like a Ghost LOL great your doing good and keeping the NSX passion alive.

- - - Updated - - -

don't forget were I Live LOL

Back