• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX review in the Detroit News

Nope

Modernceo said:
You know, the more I read your post, the more I think you drove a SXT Neon, which is a base model, 2.0 Sohc, normally aspirated car. It has 132 hp and is not designed for performance whatsoever. It has the buzziness you described, and is merely a compact grocery getter car.

I think thats the car you drove, as if you drove a SRT-4 youd know it. Theres no buzzing, only noises you hear is tire screeching as the car is accelerating like hell. Factory performance figures are like 0-60 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 13.9 @100.

Fyi..

Dude, it was an SRT-4. I'm not an idiot. The numbers just don't show how crappy an SRT-4 really is.

Re: Re: Bad Things come in Neon colors

Modernceo said:

In comparison to the interior, seats, shifter etc, well thats coming from someone in a NSX. A car thats almost $70k more . Thats not a fair comparison.

Is it fair to compare a spineless dirtbag like John Kerry to George Bush? No, but people do it anyway.

As bad and retarded as all those comments were....the Neon SRT-4 was what took it from ignorant to blatantly insulting and derogatory. I wipe my a$$ with SRT-4's that are modified in my BONE STOCK 91 all day long on the highways (four times so far). they are a complete joke in overall quality and as a performance platform altogether. I don't even want to mention handling and backroad/road course performance...thats simply a joke. Not to mention how anyone/everyone around you thinks its a regular $2000 dodge neon "throw away" car at first glance (which it essentially is with a turbo kit, lol)

What are these morons going to do next ?? ...compare a 2004 Mustang Cobra with a Ferrari 360 Modena stating "why would you pay for a torqueless V-8, when you could get his and hers and brother-in-law, and cousins, and step daddy's and baby-mama's Cobra's all for the same price" :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Bad Things come in Neon colors

slashmatt said:
Is it fair to compare a spineless dirtbag like John Kerry to George Bush? No, but people do it anyway.

Please leave your off topic comments in the off topic forum.

Re: Re: Re: Bad Things come in Neon colors

slashmatt said:

I agree with leaving one's political opinions off this particular thread.....especially one like that. Many can begin an absolute flame war against what Bush and Dick cheney have done in office and to the middle east...as they can for Kerry's lack of achievements and dodginess. Start another thread in the "off-topic" catagory for these dicussions...thanks. :)

Re: Nope

slashmatt said:
Dude, it was an SRT-4. I'm not an idiot. The numbers just don't show how crappy an SRT-4 really is.

Crappy? I dont know whats causing you to act the way you are. Either you 1) have a real grudge against the SRT for some reason, or you 2) have a below 12 second Nsx and a mid to high 13 second SRT-4 doesnt impress you 3) you didnt drive a srt-4, or if you did something was wrong with it.

Theres no way a SRT will make everyone happy. Its just meant to be a fast, compact car. No thrills, just whip everything in its class performance. Simple as that.

Of course your going to be biased from driving a Nsx. Thats totally understandable. Someday I too will join the Nsx club as well as its a car I will be buying soon. So I have tremendous amount of respect for the Nsx, but feel like the SRT gets a bad rap from people who dont know any better/live in a import mindset and will never give any domestic car any credit.

NSXTASY_MD said:
As bad and retarded as all those comments were....the Neon SRT-4 was what took it from ignorant to blatantly insulting and derogatory. I wipe my a$$ with SRT-4's that are modified in my BONE STOCK 91 all day long on the highways (four times so far). they are a complete joke in overall quality and as a performance platform altogether. I don't even want to mention handling and backroad/road course performance...thats simply a joke. Not to mention how anyone/everyone around you thinks its a regular $2000 dodge neon "throw away" car at first glance (which it essentially is with a turbo kit, lol)

What are these morons going to do next ?? ...compare a 2004 Mustang Cobra with a Ferrari 360 Modena stating "why would you pay for a torqueless V-8, when you could get his and hers and brother-in-law, and cousins, and step daddy's and baby-mama's Cobra's all for the same price" :rolleyes:

Throwaway car ? Neon with a turbo kit ? Im sorry but your so mistaken I cant even come up with a response for your post.

Like I said in my post above, the SRT will not be able to please everyone. Its hard to get a combination of quality, power, torque, handling in one package. When you do, its usually very expensive (ie, Mclaren, Bugatti, Lamborghini, ec) Just as the Nsx has phenomenal handling, quality, build, it has about 100 hp less than it should have come with. Are you happy with your car regardless ? Yes of course.

Again, I stress that I have a tremendous amount of respect for the NSX, so im not on this bb to start any drama, or to disrespect the Nsx. Ill buy one soon. But for now, I cant read the blatant lies and stereotypes of the SRT.

Modernceo said:
Throwaway car ? Neon with a turbo kit ? Im sorry but your so mistaken I cant even come up with a response for your post.

Like I said in my post above, the SRT will not be able to please everyone. Its hard to get a combination of quality, power, torque, handling in one package. When you do, its usually very expensive (ie, Mclaren, Bugatti, Lamborghini, ec) Just as the Nsx has phenomenal handling, quality, build, it has about 100 hp less than it should have come with. Are you happy with your car regardless ? Yes of course.

Again, I stress that I have a tremendous amount of respect for the NSX, so im not on this bb to start any drama, or to disrespect the Nsx. Ill buy one soon. But for now, I cant read the blatant lies and stereotypes of the SRT.

Buddy to be honest you aren't going to change anyone's mind about the SRT-4 so you might as well give up. The is an NSX board and not an SRT-4 board you aren't going to make friends looking for every post that may dis the neon and try to make them see the light. It is what it is, let it go.

satan_srv said:
Buddy to be honest you aren't going to change anyone's mind about the SRT-4 so you might as well give up. The is an NSX board and not an SRT-4 board you aren't going to make friends looking for every post that may dis the neon and try to make them see the light. It is what it is, let it go.

Im not trying to convince everyone about the car. Only trying to help spread the misinformation and blantant lies. End of story.

Also fwiw, im not searching for SRT/Neon posts only. I just happen to come by this story out of many threads I have been reviewing on this board.

Last edited:
The two dumb-dumbs are at it again. Just to put their "talent" in perspective, they just reviewed the Ford GT and concluded that it is too expensive, lacks creature comforts and isn't twice as good as a Viper for twice the price. Oh and they also concluded that it isn't a "real Ferrari." Sounds familiar doesn't it!:eek:

How do I get that job. Doesn't get much easier.

Why do they keep saying "you can buy a real Ferrari". Are they considering buying fakes ones or something..:rolleyes: :D

NetViper said:
How do I get that job. Doesn't get much easier.

Why do they keep saying "you can buy a real Ferrari". Are they considering buying fakes ones or something..:rolleyes: :D

...no, apparently they're so bedazzled by the pretentious name recognition, that they're stating it's better to own a "FERRARI" over something JUST AS exclusive that objectively blows its doors off :rolleyes:

Electro said:
BWHAHAHA!! I love it! Did you make that up?? That is hysterical

Hehe, yeah, I made that up. For me, it summarizes the prevailing thoughts I have when I have to interact with the "common Joes," like when I'm driving in heavy traffic, or shopping at Walmart :rolleyes:. Of course, this goes with my assumption that I am an intelligent person. :)

I remember those tools saying that my 98 Prelude VTEC couldn't compare to an Oldsmobile Achieva. WHAT????

Ask anyone what they'd rather drive - a NEON or an NSX, the answer is obvious. BTW will that Neon keep over 50% of it's value in 12 years... Doubt it.

Back