• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Secrets?

Originally posted by Joel:
Smint...you know like tic tac. It comes in a cool box, yellow colored and lemon in flavor.

Or, peach colored and peach in flavor, or purple colored and original (?) in flavor. Like this:

candywarehouse_1718_83261623

Hey, I never heard of them either...

Thanks!

Now I can stop searching the Dali racing site for NSX goodies I don't have.

smile.gif

"Merry new year"

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Another discovery/secret

I found another one recently:

Some 20oz water bottles (including Desani and Aquafina) slot in perfectly between the front protrusion of the right seat and the center console. Most of the bottle is below the cushion, but the top lip snugs right in held by the side of the seat cushion protrusion. And it will stay there even if you go around corners pretty fast or accelerate hard (I haven't tried it under hard braking like in an emergency stop, though - that would likely pop it out, but big deal, the lid is still screwed on).

Very handy way to keep and carry water in the car without an unslightly cup holder. But it has to be that size, I think. You could also put one on the driver side, of course, but I hesitate to do that just in case it comes out in an emergency stop and interferes with the pedals.

Chip

nsxtasy said:
Here's a little-known secret that's relevant to most Honda and Acura automobiles. It's gotten to be somewhat obsolete now that we usually have remote entry, but it still works.

When you exit the car, if the driver's door is open, you can't push down the door lock button (the one that sticks up at the bottom of the window). And on most cars (I'm not sure about the NSX though) the driver's side power door lock button doesn't work with the door open, either. The purpose of doing this is to prevent the driver from locking himself out of the car.

HOWEVER, if you pull the door lever at the same time as you press either door lock button, it will work. So they make you do SOMETHING more than thoughtlessly locking yourself out, but they give you an option whereby you don't have to lock the door with the remote or with the key.

This has been true of virtually all Honda and Acura automobiles for the past twenty years.

Yes!! I found another almight nsxtasy's post to pick on.
I have a defected remote door lock (or maybe being shut off??) I locked up the X by pushing it down all the time.
Whatever Ken said was true while the key is at ignition... then there's no way the car can be locked by pressing the little button.
So... it's a little different than the other cars... NSX is special.

About putting the phone, I found that the shifter boot is actually the best place to "rest" my cell phone... it doesn't interfere with the shifting, nor I had encounter the phone being "dropped" even from Panic stopping from 90+ mph... (and also high lateral G cornering.)

NSXDreamer2 said:
About putting the phone, I found that the shifter boot is actually the best place to "rest" my cell phone... it doesn't interfere with the shifting, nor I had encounter the phone being "dropped" even from Panic stopping from 90+ mph... (and also high lateral G cornering.)
That reminds me of one I haven't seen mentioned... I put change (and $1 bills) in the shifter boot for the tolls. It's pretty well recessed (at least on my '91), so stuff doesn't go flying out.

Yo Bob!

RSO 34 said:
DocJohn,

I can't believe I never found that "other" compartment in the center console. After reading these posts I had to go down to the garage and check it out. I'm amazed as to how much change has fallen into it in the last 3 years. I always wondered where the coin spillage went.

Bob

You are the one who told me about this "gun" compartment" at The Glen Mon! I did not know about it either. I had only had the car for a few weeks at that time though.

NSXDreamer2 said:
Yes!! I found another almight nsxtasy's post to pick on.
Hey, you've still got another 11,000 or so to choose from. And you shouldn't need to go back a whole year to find one... :D

Now that I know were it went. Damn I dont have one of the metal grabing tool thingy, so I got a pen and put some tape on the end and 20 seconds later I had my rubber back on. But the passanger side is no were to be found!!!:mad:

if you turn the steering wheel to the right while parking, and turn the radio on slowly......you can relax on the side of congested freeway at ease. :D

8000RPM said:
I had to shut off this feature on my NSX to make my wife happy.

Luckily, this core NSX feature re-activates on its own when she is not riding with me...
wink.gif
Be careful, your wife might find out.....

BladesNSX said:
Okay I give up....there is a trick that gets your climate control system to do a self diagnostic where it will cycle through every possible stage on its own, basically testing itself. I remember reading from the faq section that you have to push both the ac dials just as you turn the key to the second position and hold another button for a few seconds. Unfortunately, I can't find it again. I therefore envoke the power of "The FaQ Nazi"!!!
Hi Kevin,

I understand completely. I went to look for it in the FAQ section on "Climate Control" (under the "Troubleshooting" heading) and the procedure wasn't listed in that section.

I found it by starting instead under the "Do It Yourself" heading. You'll find a section listed as "Troubleshooting the Climate Control System".

Maybe Lud can insert a link to the latter FAQ section into the former FAQ section.

LrdVader said:
I gotta stop reading prime at work. I'm going to have to wait all day before I can run out to the garage to check my trunk :)
This was a GREAT tip...something I hadn't even thought of checking til I read it (several weeks ago mind you). I finally got to looking for it on the drivers' side when I was prepping the car for winter storage... sure enough, just where we all expect the piece to be (along with a lot of other crap!).

The pop-up shocks on the trunk hatch and the engine compartment like to go out from the older cars.

Last edited:
Who is Frank and how can I get in touch with him? I appreciate it if you can direct me to him.

Take care,
De

Quickly press down & release the windshield wiper stalk and the blades will stop halfway up the windshield - perfect for changing the blades or cleaning the lower part of the glass.

Thats cool.

Tried the random play on the cd player last night, excellent!
Filled up with gas though & could not work out how the gas cap fits on the flap? Am I missing something?

I love this thread, keep going guys....

Hey, lookathat, mine was also missing the trunk cushions. No wonder I had a rattle that sounded like it was in the rear window. :) Alas, the cushions weren't in the little cubbyholes, but a few wrapped layers of soft duct tape will tide me over 'til I can get new ones.

What a great tip. :)

Back