• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Secrets?

On a Right hand Drive NSX with CTSC the engine cover won't close as the strut bar is on the right hand side and hits on the blower. The engine cover has holes on the other side to swap it over as a LHD NSX is . The only problem is when you pop it , you have to walk around to the LHS of the car to prop up the cover .

Bet you didn't know that :cool:

So yesterday I tried to lock the car by 1. pulling out the interior release handle and 2. pushing the "locks down" button. Only it didn't work. I immediately thought "D@mn, bad switch."
I was wrong: There is an electronic nanny in the car to prevent you from locking your car while the keys are still in the ignition.:redface:

I guess this isnt so much a "secret", and Im sure everyone knows, but new folks may not know that with the addition of a pretty simple (and cheap) cable, the factory CD changer can be upgraded to the newer (MBUS) Alpine MP3 changer (which can play MP3s as data files burned to a CD) and with yet another inline adapter (AINET to MBUS) can use still newer changers. It's totally plug and play. New changers just fit right into the factory mount.

The factory head unit can control the new changer so this is a really cheap and easy way to get MP3 capability and near 20th century functionality! LOL

So yesterday I tried to lock the car by 1. pulling out the interior release handle and 2. pushing the "locks down" button. Only it didn't work. I immediately thought "D@mn, bad switch."
I was wrong: There is an electronic nanny in the car to prevent you from locking your car while the keys are still in the ignition.:redface:

Nope. I had my keys in the ignition and locked the doors. :rolleyes:

Now I can't get out...

If you press "Ctrl Alt Delete" on the stereo you can reset to a brand new car. Including the ODOmeter
smile.gif
Only on a model with "Windows"

Great re-post.

On that storage bin -- one of the little things that really bothered me about my NSX was I couldn't find a covenient place to put small things like sunglasses, etc. :mad:

I had my car 5 years when I got caught in a thunderstorm with the top down. The water caused damage to the radio. When I went to remove the center console to take out the radio, following the steps in the shop manual I discovered the storage bin!!!

I then went back and looked in the owners manual -- its not there!

Last edited:
Great re-post.
On that storage bin -- one of the little things that really bothered me about my NSX was I couldn't find a covenient place to put small things like sunglasses, etc. :mad:
I had my car 5 years when I got caught in a thunderstorm with the top down. The water caused damage to the radio. When I went to remove the center console to take out the radio, following the steps in the shop manual I discovered the storage bin!!!
I then went back and looked in the owners manual -- its not there!
Unn.. what storage bin are you taking about ??

The storage bin was a cool find!!! A thread like this really helps me out cause my NSX didnt come with a manual:confused:. Another dumb thing I found after a month was the tilt button. I really began to think the wheel only telescoped.

Unn.. what storage bin are you taking about ??

Its under the center armrest. There's two shallow compartments in the armrest. But under those, is a larger bin. Go to the separation between the two small compartment lids and follow that "line" toward the driver's seat and then down about 1". You'll hit a small (about 1" wide) black tab. Lift the tab straight up.

That bin was added somewhere around '94 or '95.

Last edited:
Here are 2 photos from my 97 of the storage bin between the seats.
NSXTopStorage.jpg

NSXBottomStorage.jpg

Here's one from the FAQ:

"The air vents on the doors tilt up to direct the air flow towards the passengers. If you pull up a little bit more when they are all the way up, they "click" and lock in place."

Very cool (pun intended). Now I can get cold air closer to where I want it. :smile:

Only that it's the greatest vehicle ever produced by man! Timeless design, revolutionary construction methods and materials. Ya gotta hand it to Honda -- the Power of Dreams indeed!

Oh and the TCS button will launch the vehicle through 88 miles an hour and beyond with a little fiddling in the center console. :tongue:

Got a drive in an Acura NSX for the first time last thursday, and I noticed that when the driver disengaged the TCS, the "warning" light was amber. In my EDM Honda NSX the light indicating the TCS is off is green :tongue:

Does anyone here have a switch in the glove box that disables the boot (trunk) release button ? It may be a JDM thing but whats good about it is its close to the diagnostic connector for CEL checking. So I have wired the switch to it so I can do a diag anytime from the drivers seat .

Back