• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Secrets?

The narrow end of the cap fits in the little ridge that is molded into the inside of the fuel filler door, and the cap just sits there.

Petrol filler

Anoter usefull trick is that the NSX petrol filler cap can be used to hold the filler depressed whilst you are filling the car. By using its central ridge and the rim edge at a45 degree angle between the base of the gas pump hand trigger and the trigger whilst you are filling the car.

That way you can pop round and clean the lights whilst you are waiting for the tank to fill.
All the Gas pumps in th UK have the latches removed on the pumps ( although the pumps are designed for them ) and the auto shut off prevents spillage.

The latches on the pumps were removed when too many slow learners started to make mobile phone calls or light cigarettes whilst waiting for their trunk to fill.

Potential darwin award winners are far too common it seems.

I have one other "secret" to post. I didn't mention it earlier since it is in the manual, but I have seen so many people clumsily and dangerously turning over their Targa tops in their hands that I thought I should mention it. If you just walk around the back of the car after taking the top out of its hold or off the roof, it drops right in place from the other side. No chance of dropping it while rotating it, probably quicker, and definitely easier to do.

Great Idea I not long ago did exactly like you said try to swap sides with my hands. I was pretty nervous thinking I'm going to drop this thing! But thats a simple as it gets solution <laugh>

Funny but as a right handed person I feel more comfortable taking the roof off on the drivers side and turning it rather than starting on the passenger side.

I have one other "secret" to post. I didn't mention it earlier since it is in the manual, but I have seen so many people clumsily and dangerously turning over their Targa tops in their hands that I thought I should mention it. If you just walk around the back of the car after taking the top out of its hold or off the roof, it drops right in place from the other side. No chance of dropping it while rotating it, probably quicker, and definitely easier to do.

I have an NSX secret.....there is a lever that protrudes from the side of the steering wheel. It has a mysterious switching mechanism on it. When activated robotic arms move across the windscreen clearing water and allowing the driver to experience NSX driving in the rain!! I also heard rumors about some sort of secret compartment under the rear wing big enough to put medium sized luggage in, I haven't been able to confirm yet:D :D :D :D

In other words......I think we are done with "NSX secrets" and are reaching now;) ;) ;)

Sun Visor

I didn't see ANYONE find this.....I just discovered this in my Audi and wouldn't you know I had one in the NSX as WELL

IFound.JPG

What,,a thumb?:p I've got two in my nsx.Sometimes I drive like I have 10!

Tech secret:

The top vent in the dash center can be removed without damaging the lower panel by using a driver's license. Use the license to press up on the tabs on the outer edges of the vent.

I used to use feeler guages, but the metal can still leave a scratch.

The top vent in the dash center can be removed without damaging the lower panel by using a driver's license. Use the license to press up on the tabs on the outer edges of the vent.
But I don't want to ruin my drivers license.....Is there a reason I can't use and other card? Also what state does it have to be?:D :D :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MiamieNeSeX:
has anybody mentioned the chick magnet?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea... I THOUGHT mine would have this feature inherently built in when I bought it. Turns out that it really comes stock with a "guy and young boy" magnet. That's not what I wanted at all!!!!

nsxparts.com said:
Tech secret:

I used to use feeler guages, but the metal can still leave a scratch.

That little bit of info would have saved mine from a nice little scratch there a few weeks ago. ARRRGH!:mad: Oh, well.

timothyaw said:
...If you just walk around the back of the car after taking the top out of its hold or off the roof, it drops right in place from the other side. No chance of dropping it while rotating it, probably quicker, and definitely easier to do.

I have followed this advice from day one.... the only downfall is to make sure your antenna is not up when walking around. Otherwise.... Whack! Bent antenna. :eek: Thankfully I haven't done this..... yet.

"The air vents on the doors tilt up to direct the air flow towards the passengers. If you pull up a little bit more when they are all the way up, they "click" and lock in place."

Eight years of ownership, and six years after this post, and I tried this for the first time on Saturday ....

... and son-of-a-gun, it really works :biggrin: .

nice to see this fun thread revived:biggrin:

Here's one. If you put the car in first gear and press down on the clutch pedal to disingage the clutch. Now turn the key to "on" position (but do not start the car) and cycle it 2-3 times "on/off" ending in the "on" position, then pump the gas pedal twice ending the cycle with the gas pedal on the floor. Please note: next step has to be done symaltaniously to work correctly! Now turn the key to the start position while you quickly remove your foot off the clutch pedal. If done correctly, you have now activated the flux capasitor and should be now travelling through time. :biggrin: :tongue:

Here's one. If you put the car in first gear and press down on the clutch pedal to disingage the clutch. Now turn the key to "on" position (but do not start the car) and cycle it 2-3 times "on/off" ending in the "on" position, then pump the gas pedal twice ending the cycle with the gas pedal on the floor. Please note: next step has to be done symaltaniously to work correctly! Now turn the key to the start position while you quickly remove your foot off the clutch pedal. If done correctly, you have now activated the flux capasitor and should be now travelling through time. :biggrin: :tongue:

Yes! At 88mph!!! :biggrin:

In the event of an engine break down, press the clutch and brake pedals alternately. This will activate a back-up propulsion system. The faster you pedal, the faster you go... :biggrin:

Bump for a great read for newbs.

I found the little rubber trunk spacer on the drivers side right where you said it would be, and re glued it on. The other one was still in place, Thanks. What a great thread for a newbie.:smile:

Back