• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx seized at US border

prov4re said:
Meeyatch1
They took apart my trunk carpets tools amp changer all taken out.
Then they pealed back the carpets in the car.
Took out the spare tire and got out the book that tells them were all the vin numbers are and took there sweet time locating everyone.
Then they let me go and didnt put anything back.

Dang...I would have been asking, "So, you guys feel like putting back what you tore up?"

I've crossed the border at Detroit/Windsor with my 03 a total of 3 times. Here's each...

1st time - going to Canada: Brand new, still had temp sticker on inside of window. Canadian customs asked where is the car registered. I showed all the paperwork. They let me go no problem. I was with a female.

2nd time - going back to US: US plate came and I had it sent to Montreal. US customs asked what year and how much I paid (which I was not inclined to answer but did anyway). He then asked about the STI since he was considering getting 1. We talked shop for a few minutes and he let me go. I was with a female.

3rd time - going to Canada: Car now mod'ed. Before getting to Canadian customs even, it was US customs (remember I'm heading to Canada now) that pulled me over. 7 agents stopped me right after the toll booth and inquired about my joy and how I can afford such a car. No searches just questions was all. They said to keep the speed down. I was with my younger brother.

Interestingly enough in the Spring of this year I drove my S2000 back from Montreal to the US. Crossing the same border, I was pulled over. 6 US agents searched the car inside and out. 1 agent asked me to open the airbox and asked "Is that a modified or stock filter?" I said, "Stock." He said, "How come you don't get a cold air intake?" I replied, "Why are you wasting my time? I'm tired and just want to get home." They reviewed all the papers and my Canadian issued frequent visitor pass and let me go. I was with my younger brother at that time too.

I conclude - if you drive a hot car with a hot girl, they let you go. If 2 guys with shaved heads, they pull you over. Hmmm...profiling maybe? Who knows.

Back