• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs 993 vs 348

I've been lucky enough to have had all three as well. A 91 nsx/97 nsx (current), a 95 c2, and a 90 348ts.

Nsx is faster than the other two. Out handles them too.

They all have their pros/cons. A 993 with foster stage 3 exhaust though..... Love love love!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Any test that equates Ferrari 348 build quality and safety to that of the NSX can immediately be dismissed.

I've been lucky enough to have had all three as well. A 91 nsx/97 nsx (current), a 95 c2, and a 90 348ts.

Nsx is faster than the other two. Out handles them too.

They all have their pros/cons. A 993 with foster stage 3 exhaust though..... Love love love!!!!

348 has the best engine sound by far

Montezemolo has publicly stated the 348 was the most shoddily built Ferrari he had ever seen.

Montezemolo has publicly stated the 348 was the most shoddily built Ferrari he had ever seen.

I think both 348/355 are the last "real" F-cars like the 993's "last of the real Porsche "

- - - Updated - - -

With Tubi or Capristo Exhaust on 348 and 355, till today nothing out there can match the exhaust note

355 with Tubi does sound amazing.

It's amazing how durable the nsx interior is compared to those 348s. There might be some bubbling trim here and there on the old nsx but nothin like the shrinking leather dash and sticky trims that plague old ferraris. It's funny that newer Italian cars still have the sticky trim from the sun.

Its amazing how the test back then always complained that the NSX's interior felt cheap, and was not special enough. They would always sing high praises of the so called "premium build quality" of the Ferrari. We might have actually believed them if we read this article 20 years ago. Now in the real world the NSX is actually the better built car inside out, and the amount of 100k mile cars is proof of that.

The first "decent" Ferrari was the 360... they've been getting better to the point that I could actually own a 458. I swore off Ferrari's in the '70s when I had a Daytona and a 246 -- both nice cars for 20 minutes -- then the build quality started to make me crazy. Though I must admit there's nothing quite like the sound of a V-12 at redline.

348s make for decent track cars. I know a guy who flogs one pretty regularly and hasn't seemed to have much trouble. Of course that solves the "shoddy interior" problem, lol.

And WTF, "ergonomics" a negative for an NSX interior. I read that as, "I'm a journalist and my driving position sucks". ;) Scoot seat forward, rest wrists on wheel, don't be fat, etc.

[edit: nevermind he just contradicts himself later saying the NSX has the best driving position.....so he just doesn't understand the meaning of "ergonomics"]

Last edited:
I wonder if these journalist revisits their work. I bet you they would be thinking " wtf was I thinking when I wrote that?" After he sits in a F348 again.

That porsche is a beast and I agree 348/355 with tubi exhaust best sound to date but I still prefer the NSX

Back