• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX VS Lambo Gallardo

Some of you know that I traded in my Orange/Orange NSX back in Oct 04 for a new Lamborghini Gallardo. Ever since I made that trade I missed my NSX and for the last year have been looking to find another one. My search ended last week and I arrived home on Monday with my new toy!
Many of you have commented about how nice it is to be able to drive a great car a long distance and not worry about it breaking down or not having to think if you're safe or not. Well, after driving off the dealer's lot on Friday in Chicago of all places, I wondered if I would have buyer's remorse. This was my 3rd NSX and why would I buy another Orange car? After the first 30 seconds, I was back home! (as far as being happy to be in the NSX once again)
Driving a comfortable, fast, great handling and reliable car is unheard of in the rest of the exotic car world. I know, I've been in with the Ferrari and Lambo crowd. They say, the Jap car isn't really an exotic, but how many cars survive in this auto world for over 15 years?
My Lambo is very fast, loud , corners like an F1 and has been in the shop 12 times in the first year of ownership. I broke down on Ortega Highway in the dead of summer and was able to limp home with numerous stops. I'm slowly building my confidence on doing longer drives, but could never drive cross state let alone cross country!
My trip from Chicago to San Diego brought alot of complements wherever I went. "What kind of car is that?"
"is that a Corvette?" "What a cute color!" "Is it fast?" "How much did it cost?" I thought I could wait out Acura's next NSX, but we still don't know when or if that will ever happen.
After owning these two cars I can tell you what would make the ultimate next generation of NSX! There is no reason why Honda can't come up with a trully ultimate exotic to once again show the auto world!
I hope to share more with you in the future.

nice write up. :smile:

Welcome back :biggrin:

George Grigoriev said:
"What kind of car is that?"
"is that a Corvette?"

were you in st. louis when they asked you if it was a corvette?? :biggrin:

nice write up

Well that certainly put to rest any questions about whether or not the Gallardo might work as a daily driver!

Could you elaborate a little more on what the problems were during the first year you had it?

I am curious as well to hear about the problems the gallardo had... did you get all the problems worked out?

buddies 05 murcielago has had a similar experience. The left bank lean/rich sensor would always mess up and it would only limp home, happened a few times in the first month of ownership. most cars that would be a O2, but I think the lambo has a seperate sensor that disables the revs to prevent damage so it can only limp.

I really want the Gallardo, but posts like that make me think twice. The closest lambo dealership is 3.5 hours away. I would be screwed if it broke that much.

Just a dream car to me, but if I ever won the lottery, the Lambo dealer would be my first stop on the way back home.

DOWEN said:
Just a dream car to me, but if I ever won the lottery, the Lambo dealer would be my first stop on the way back home.

I guess If I wont he lottery I would open a lambo dealership so I could service my gallardo locally. :biggrin:

Interesting... I've been going back and forth for a good month now, deciding on whether I should sell the NSX and move into either a Gallardo or Ford GT. My research had indicated that the G was fairly reliable, so I hope your experience was the exception.

IMO, if they made the Gallardo in RWD form with shorter gearing, it'd be perfect.

I went shopping again today. Sat in about 6 Gallardos and one Ford GT. Still can't make up my mind but I'm leaning towards the GT. The NSX won't be sold when I get the new car but it will spend some time with Mike at MCA and have the engine completely transformed into a turbocharged firebreathing monster.

Great website for GT pricing info ---> www.fordgtprices.com

Had the pleasure of following these briefly today :)

nsx_lambo_160.jpg

George, is the lambo really that bad? I though it would of been reliable due to the Audi influnece?

12 times a year? Couldn't you return it due to the lemon laws :confused: It sounds like it has the quality of an old ferrari? Costing so much it should last just as long or longer than our nsx..

Lets see som pic :biggrin: It's still a cool car!

The Gallardo is simply fantastic to look at. Even if you cannot drive it, it is worth having to admire it for what it is (JK;->). I've always thought if I end up buying a Ferrari, I will buy two of them at the same time so that one can be in the shop and the other one is ready to drive.........Maybe the same with any other exotic???? temperamental these things of extreme and rare beauty.......Steve

Hi Guys,
Since my ECU was replaced in October, I've put 2000 miles on the car without any problems.
Even though its been trouble free, I can't see me driving it cross country like I did the NSX! I've never owned any cars that give me the confidence, comfort, speed, handling, MPG!!!!! as the NSX does. This group of car enthusiats is relatively small and when I hook up with a fellow owner, it may sound corny , but it is a brotherhood!
Probably the best car event I've ever attended, was NSXPO
2003. There I met people that not only owned NSXs but other exotics, Ps, Ferraris, etc., and still had high praise for the relatively cheap Japanese exotic.
I have friends that told me pu-pu-, sorry you own a Japanese car and to them I simply say "Thanks".
I will never be without a NSX again! No matter what is in my stable, there will always be that baby with the V6.
When I was getting off the freeway in Albuquerqe, New Mexico, there was a newer silver NSX next to me and the guy gave me the thumbs up. Here in the middle of nowhere was another enthusiast. My codriver is English and he said, "Oh please, don't get out and start talking about your cars!". If it was a Range Rover, we'd be pulling over!
If any of you have ever gone to Crystal Cove on Sat. mornings, we need to coordinate a ride of just NSXs. The drive is just 1 hour from San Diego and the most NSXs I've seen is 1 94 Brooklands Green. The guy was surprised that I knew what year it was! We could easily get a group of 20 or more! It would make a statement there. Let me know if anyone is interested.
George

Back