• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX with mods or Ferrari without mods?

I agree that the F355 is simply one of the most beautiful cars ever to grace the streets. As beautiful as the NSX is, the F355 is a notch higher in my eyes. I don't think the WW bodykit helps either. Actually, for me, the WW or MH kits actually push the NSX farther away from F355. They're nice kits, but they look too aftermarket to me and that look simply won't do when trying to match the out of factory perfection of the F355.

NSX/MR2 said:
Yes, the stock F355 is better looking than the stock NSX.
I disagree. I think the stock NSX is the best-looking production car I have ever seen. But both are indeed great looking. This is sort of like arguing over "Who is better looking, Heidi Klum or Molly Sims?"

Also, the F355 drives more like the NSX than any other car I have driven. They are very similar in performance, handling, etc.

NSX/MR2 said:
However,, most people closed that gap by getting a WW, or Marga Hill door-steps.
"Most people"? Nonsense. Sure, a few owners do. I would guess that at most 5 percent of the cars at NSXPO 2003 and other sizable NSX gatherings have them.

And it's all personal preference, of course, but to me, they look tacked-on. Which is not surprising, I guess, because they are. In any case, they're not very noticeable. Not like those big-ass wings...

Yes, the F355 is very much alike to the NSX in many respects, save for that jerky F1 transmission and maintenance works. A step up or a great addition would be a 360.

Yes, there are lots of people here in San Diego did add the WW sides on their cars. I really like the WW because of its clean design. Not sure about the others though. As far as the huge rear wing goes: never.

Also, the F355 drives more like the NSX than any other car I have driven. They are very similar in performance, handling, etc.

Absolutely - that's why you can have a lot of fun with "F 355 challenge" for PS 2 or Sega as a real life NSX driver - although it's not as good as GT 3 but it has some nice authentic tracks ;)

most NSX owners modify their mechanics and not the bodywork, so the argument of the NSX owners modifying their body to become more appealing is obviously wrong.

Are we talking about America only? In Japan its quite different to some extent. Maybe not so 'obviously wrong'.

If your asking would I prefer a Ferrari stock over a Modified NSX like say......Seth's NSX from SoS. I would take the NSX any day. I fell in love with the NSX from the day I first saw her. However, I wanted more out of her, hence the desire for mods from engine to exterior.

My question is........how many aftermarket companies are out there for the Ferrari owner (both interior and exterior)?

nsxtasy said:
I disagree. I think the stock NSX is the best-looking production car I have ever seen. But both are indeed great looking.

I instead prefer the 355 (only by a small margin but still a margin...), mainly because of the rear plastic taillight and because of the horrible wide e high wheelgap!

nsxtasy said:

This is sort of like arguing over "Who is better looking, Heidi Klum or Molly Sims?"

Molly Sims by a wider margin than the 355 vs NSX question! :p :cool:

Back