• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades 2011 - Official Roster and Plan

I am a little surprised to read this after our last conversation, but I am happy you are finally getting some BOOST!:biggrin:

and.... Chris at SOS assured me that the twins were just as reliable as the supercharger... Now the test comes!

I keep hearing a lot about shared sacrifice. Seems like Ole needs to give you one of his Turbo's.

Ole, are you upgrading your clutch?

I told my wife that Ole had twin turbos and I didn't even have one and how that seemed pretty unfair.

I'll let you know how that works for me. :D

Seems the government wants me to keep the cats, so yeah, I guess I will. However I'm looking at moving to the SOS F-1 GT exhaust. Will be talking with Chris at SOS before making the choice. I'm definitely switching clutches - mine is ready to give up the ghost so we'll be switching to SOS's 'Sport' clutch.

Got the system - the turbos at the NSXPO auction for $9,001 installed. While that is a fabulous price it's costing me another $845 to get the car there, $875 to get it tuned after the turbos get installed, about $2,500 for the clutch and another $875 for the exhaust. I thought about dropping another $6 large for the stage one engine but just can't justify it yet (give me a few days and that might change)

Skippy, I'd love to share one of the twins with you, but you just can't do that. I will, however, let you park your car next to mine and, until we start up, no-one will know the difference.

I am in (Nabil)

I am in (Nabil)

Alright, Nabil, and thanks for getting us back on track on this thread. If you want to follow the Twin turbo discussion, just flip over to that thread and we'll chat there.

Dave, Wei-Shen and I are working out the details of NSXcapades 2011 edition and should have them all nailed down soon. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Why did the Government say you must have your cats on?

" In July 1, 2000, the State of Florida abolished the auto emissions test requirement for all vehicles throughout the state. "

and the DVM doesnt check the car when you register it.

Why did the Government say you must have your cats on?

" In July 1, 2000, the State of Florida abolished the auto emissions test requirement for all vehicles throughout the state. "

and the DVM doesnt check the car when you register it.

Shawn,

Thanks for chiming in. This discussion has been moved to The Road to Twin Turbos... please follow me there and let me know your thoughts. I appreciate it.

I just got my Nsx last week and would love to meet some local members. I don't play golf but I would be interested in coming out either Saturday night or Sunday. Let me check my schedule first but sounds like a great time

Looks like I will be able to make this. Count me in.....No golf for me. I would just slow the game WAY D O W N

Chris,

I'd rethink golf if I were you. We all probably play just like you! It was a blast, the clubhouse is beautiful and the course is amazing. Jeeze, the MENS LOCKER ROOM WAS BIGGER THAN MOST HOUSES!

If you don't play at least show up for lunch.

Looks like I will be able to make this. Count me in.....No golf for me. I would just slow the game WAY D O W N

Netviper told me about this. Is it just golf, food and karting? I don't play golf at all. I would kart but Orlando is quite a drive for me (but not as far as the Atlanta guys will be driving). I am thinking about it but I have to run it by the wife.

Netviper told me about this. Is it just golf, food and karting? I don't play golf at all. I would kart but Orlando is quite a drive for me (but not as far as the Atlanta guys will be driving). I am thinking about it but I have to run it by the wife.

you're not as far as Charleston either

Come on

OK guys the email is in your inbox for registration (if you've joined the NSXCA and I hope you do) If not, message me here with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

Here's the dope on the gathering...

NSXCAPADES 2011

It's time again for the NSX 2011 Holiday Bash, NSXCAPADES. Last year was amazing! Can't wait to see everyone again plus some more!

Saturday and Sunday Dec 3-4 -- and it's pretty much 'Ala carte'. That is, it is not manditory to come both days for those who just want to do one or the other. Pretty cool, huh? I'm telling you though, you're not going to want to miss any of the program. It's AWESOME!!!

So, check out the itinerary and the expected costs, then the rules of the game and get yourself signed up. Tell your NSX buddies too. The more we have, the more fun it is!

We do need money for Saturday night's dinner, and a head count for golf at Bella Colina for those self-flagellating duffers who want to suffer the indignity of having an inanimate object (the golf course) eat your lunch (and golf balls) for you.

AND, we're sweetening the pot for NSXCA members. If you're part of the club (a minimal $40/yr fee) we've got a discount for you - $10 off any of the events!!! Life is GOOD! You also get invited to the annual NSXPO - 2012 is in Colorado, AND we've got some 'secret surprises' that the NSXCA is providing for members who attend NSXCapades. What's not to love!

So here's the schedule:

Friday evening check-in
Hampton Inn Clermont
2200 E. Highway 50
Clermont, FL 34711
(352) 536-6600
Please reserve your rooms on-line (current rate for Friday and Saturday Dec.3-4 is $92 per night). WE DO NOT HAVE A GROUP RATE
www.hamptoninn.com

7AM TO 12NOON Saturday
Golf - Bella Collina
15920 County Road 455
Montverde, FL 34756-3701
(407) 469-4960
Caravan leaves hotel parking lot at 7am SHARP

Golf $50.00 PLUS TAX
pay AT PRO SHOP
but Registration required by November 30th to create tee times

12:30 - 230pm Lunch @ Panera bread
2260 East Highway 50
Clermont, FL 34711
(352) 243-4290

3:30pm caravan departs hotel parking lot
4:30pm to 6:30pm
karting at Li'l 500
150 Atlantic Drive
Maitland, FL 32751
(407) 831-2045

7pm Dinner at Buca di Beppo
1351 South Orlando Avenue
Maitland, FL 32751
(407) 622-7663

?late night visits to Universal

Overnight at hotel

Sunday AM

8:30 am meet in hotel lobby for drivers meeting
9:00 AM Sunday drive - full tanks and empty bladders!

12 noon lunch at JB Boondocks
704 S. Lakeshore Blvd., Howey in the Hills, FL
352-324-3600

Estimated Costs

Golf $50 plus tax per person (registration required by Nov. 30th to create tee times)
Lunch $15 per person
Karting about $24 (3 sessions) -
Dinner about $35 per person (this needs to be paid in advance)
Lunch Sunday $15 per person

To register please message me here and I'll forward the information to you.

OK guys, registration is open for NSXCapades 2011. Make sure you follow the links and get yourself registered. My spreadsheet is waiting for your information!!

My wife is concerned that she will be one of only a few women at this event if she comes with me. What has been the mix of the group in the past?

Back