• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades 2012 Official Roster and Plan

Re: Carlos is IN!

Rod is IN!! We're in double digits and still have room for more!

1. Flabuf
2. NSX-Ray +1
3. HeySkippy +1
4. Dquarasr2 +1
5. Hugh
6. Fl_Mike + 1
7. Blacknot + 1
8. Carlos + 1
9. Heretic
10. Doc Lane
11. Rod

- - - Updated - - -

A big thank you...

to everyone who is attending this year, and to those who have considered it and just can't make it for whatever reason. I'm sure that the event would have been better had WeiShen created it again this year in Clermont - he is just tops in whatever field he participates in and has had lots of experience setting up NSXCapades over the years. That said, I promise everyone a good time, if not a great one. I've got some fun things to give out on Saturday night, a surprise (I think) for lunch on Saturday, and Chuck Jakovina at Gettel Acura has promised me we'll have a great time at his dealership.

I had no idea how much time it took to plan this event, get out the emails to all the NSXCA members (the mailing list could certainly use someone other than me to update it), respond to emails, requests, and inquires from places that we intend to utilize for our entertainment. Just creating the Sunday drive has taken hours. So, Thanks, thanks, and more thanks to WeiShen for ALL the work he put into this for so many years and making it look easy. Wow!

If you're still on the fence, please let me know if you'll be attending by Wednesday evening - let's say 6PM so I can alert the appropriate people to arrange for parking, tables, etc.

You guys are the best!

Ole

Last edited:
A big thank you in advance for all of YOUR work on this Ole. Those of you who have not ever planned an event should take heed. It is a HUGE undertaking. The reward the planner gets is to see lots of smiling happy faces having a great weekend!! And the huge financial rewards from all the billable hours you submit to the NSXCA....HA! Lynn and I are looking forward to meeting everyone in Sarasota.

The only fly in the ointment.....I spent a full day in my track prepped NSX this past week. To say it is no longer a street car is an understatement. Already hit the front splitter several times going to Starbucks (that sound sure turned some heads). 800lb springs, no head liner, no carpet, no sound insulation...but only 2700lbs! I'm afraid I just can't ask my lovely wife to spend two and half hours there and back and two more days sitting in a racing seat. We're planning a nice dinner with friends at a French restaurant on Friday and a cocktail dress doesn't go with the substrap or racing harness either. So....I will have to bring my substitute 2 seater....which will also hold golf clubs (his and hers).

Last edited:
A big thank you in advance for all of YOUR work on this Ole. Those of you who have not ever planned an event should take heed. It is a HUGE undertaking. The reward the planner gets is to see lots of smiling happy faces having a great weekend!! And the huge financial rewards from all the billable hours you submit to the NSXCA....HA! Lynn and I are looking forward to meeting everyone in Sarasota.

The only fly in the ointment.....I spent a full day in my track prepped NSX this past week. To say it is no longer a street car is an understatement. Already hit the front splitter several times going to Starbucks (that sound sure turned some heads). 800lb springs, no head liner, no carpet, no sound insulation...but only 2700lbs! I'm afraid I just can't ask my lovely wife to spend two and half hours there and back and two more days sitting in a racing seat. We're planning a nice dinner with friends at a French restaurant on Friday and a cocktail dress doesn't go with the substrap or racing harness either. So....I will have to bring my substitute 2 seater....which will also hold golf clubs (his and hers).

I can't imagine anyone complaining about your 'other' NSX joining us. As I remember it last year we had one discretely disguised as a Maserati. Beware though, some of the guys will want to switch up with you to see how this alteration feels so they can decide whether or not they want to make the same updates.

Do we have a rough count how many might like to go to the Cars & Coffee Saturday morning? I've been in contact with the guy who runs that and he'll hold a block of spots for us to park together.

My attendance is still subject to Charlotte being repaired in time. The new lower control arm has arrived and Charlotte goes to Dwight tomorrow.

My friend and I are planning to go to Cars and Coffee and also to the range.

Hugh hope she can bring you! I'll be there Friday night so we can get together and decide on a time when to leave.

Thanks to Ole for stepping up and organizing the event this year.

You're very welcome, Doug. I made WeiShen a promise when I became SE Regional Representative that I'd take a shot at it and he's been very gracious about it. I appreciate your acknowledgement.

- - - Updated - - -

Ole; I'm sorry that I won't make it, for the golf outing and lunch this year, but things just aren't working out this time. I won't be arriving in FL until 11/25, and besides I won't have the NSX, and my golf game has gotten even worse than last year.:frown:
Have fun everyone; Howard

We'll miss you Howard. I enjoyed whacking the ball around Bella with you last year. maybe now that you're back in Florida your mind has changed.

Robert is IN!! Nabil is IN!!!

1. Flabuf
2. NSX-Ray +1
3. HeySkippy +1
4. Dquarasr2 +1
5. Hugh
6. Fl_Mike + 1
7. Blacknot + 1
8. Carlos + 1
9. Heretic
10. Doc Lane
11. Rod
12. Robert
13. Nabil

Well I went to book my room at the hotel and its completely sold out. No rooms available so not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

Not to worry. I reserved two rooms but planned on canceling one. I can hold onto it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. The room is a king. I have the room reserved for both Friday and Saturday nights. Blacknot, were you planning to rent a room both nights? Lemme know.

Not to worry. I reserved two rooms but planned on canceling one. I can hold onto it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. The room is a king. I have the room reserved for both Friday and Saturday nights. Blacknot, were you planning to rent a room both nights? Lemme know.
Just for Saturday night. That would be great. I really appreciate it

Chris Bailey is IN!!!

1. Flabuf
2. NSX-Ray +1
3. HeySkippy +1
4. Dquarasr2 +1
5. Hugh
6. Fl_Mike + 1
7. Blacknot + 1
8. Carlos + 1
9. Heretic
10. Doc Lane
11. Rod
12. Robert
13. Nabil
14. Chrisbailey13

OK, you've got a room for Saturday night. I'll cancel the Friday night reservation.
Should i just meet up with you Saturday morning to check in? Thanks again :)

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Bailey is IN!!!

1. Flabuf
2. NSX-Ray +1
3. HeySkippy +1
4. Dquarasr2 +1
5. Hugh
6. Fl_Mike + 1
7. Blacknot + 1
8. Carlos + 1
9. Heretic
10. Doc Lane
11. Rod
12. Robert
13. Nabil
14. Chrisbailey13
What time should i plan on arriving Saturday morning to drive over to C&C with the group? Thanks for organizing this. I'm sure it will be a fun weekend :)

Back