• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades 2012 Official Roster and Plan

Changes:

My car buddy who was going to accompany me came down with the flu, so he's not going. My wife might join me instead. Blacknot also told me he won't be needing my extra room on Saturday night, so I just canceled my second room reservation. It was a for a king room, Friday and Saturday nights. I understand the hotel was sold out. If any of you are looking for a room, you might want to call La Quinta right away since I just freed up one room.

See you all Saturday!

Millie's is REALLY good. Had blueberry and creamcheese stuffed french toast there this morning.

OK Guys, tonight's the night it all starts. I'll have restaurant sheets dropped off at the hotel by 4:00 along with maps and will be at Mattison's this afternoon for happy hour around 5 - 5:30 if you want to gather. It's not the best place for parking together but there's a public parking lot a block and a half away where we can probably put the cars together. Tomorrow starts the real fun and Sunday will be a BLAST. Chuck Jacovina, the GM for Gettel Acura, has live music, door prizes, Bloody Marys served by gorgeous servers, and what he claims is the best BBQ in the south. So, even if you can't join us for Saturday, or even the run on Sunday, get your cars on over to Gettel for the gathering there.

Have a great day and drive down safely.

All - If anyone this weekend finds themselves in need of a local resource, feel free to give me a call.

941-323-6281

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Where are we meeting for the sunday fun run? And what time?

Where are we meeting for the sunday fun run? And what time?

Sunday drive starts at Starbucks on Fruitville and Honore at 9:00 AM. Look forward to seeing you there!

223.jpg

Awesome weekend guys

Thanks everyone for a GREAT weekend. Even when things didn't go quite 'as planned' and the holiday parade made parking for dinner a challenge, you were ALL just great about it. Lots of compliments and a HUGE thank you to Chuck Jacovina, GM of Gettel Acura, who went all out for us with super BBQ, detailing our cars, gift bags and specially made NSX t-shirts for everyone. The Russian vodka gorgeous and the background music a treat.

Especially want to thank those of you who traveled to join us here in lovely Sarasota, WeiShen for trusting me to organize the weekend and let him relax, and to Rodney for bringing out his 1 of 2 in the world Convertible NSX's.

Now, let's get some photos posted so everyone can see what they missed.

Last edited:
Great time today!
DSC_3048.jpg

DSC_3051.jpg

DSC_3081.jpg

DSC_3090.jpg

The vodka girl!
DSC_3118.jpg

Big thanks to Gettel Acura. They really treated us like kings. Food, alcohol, music, and seriously nice swag bags.
DSC_3122.jpg

And last, exiled to the lot next door, Wei Shin's NSX replacement. It's a beauty.
DSC_3105_001.jpg

A few more pictures and full sized versions of all pictures here - http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/v/sarashows01/NSXCapades2012/

Last edited:
Thanks to YOU for organizing a fabulous event Ole!

Lynn and I had a great time. Loved all the activities.....golf (what we call golf), socializing, dinner, touring....
What a FUN run Sunday morning....in my backup NSX.

As for Saturday night, I thought we WERE part of the parade...until they kicked us out of the "float" line. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.....

Good seeing you guys for a quick second... wished I could do the other events other than Cars and Coffee (girlfriend had to go to work) anyways next time for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks fun. Hopefully next year we can aim for 30 cars!

Heck we were just hoping you would make it next year.

I figured out that whether it's just two of us, or 125 like in Las Vegas' NSXPO, it's a great time for whoever shows up (no matter where it is).

Heck we were just hoping you would make it next year.

I figured out that whether it's just two of us, or 125 like in Las Vegas' NSXPO, it's a great time for whoever shows up (no matter where it is).

I see no reason we do this once a year. I think we should do a summer meet and a winter meet.

LOL... Nah, first date you know.

Back