• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Dim Sum lunch/ Tire Tech/ Winter Maintenance event, Sun 11/14/2010, 12pm

NSXCC Dim Sum lunch, Tire Tech, Winter Maintenance event, Sun Nov 14 2010, 12pm

After a very successful fall cruise, many members have asked about our plans for follow up gathering. To give our events some variety, your executives have decided to organize our very first Dim Sum (lunch at a Chinese Restaurant) function, where we incorporate Tire Tech / Winter Maintenance seminar right after lunch, making this a more purposeful gathering.

The event will be held at Royal Dragon Chinese Restaurant, a popular place at the Mississauga Chinese Centre (888 Dundas Street East, Mississauga). Royal Dragon is owned and operated by one of our member’s (Quy) family, and it’s a traditional style Chinese restaurant of around 10,000 sf. It even has the “push cart” (not order on paper, no guess work) ladies/men bringing out the dim sum so you can select exactly what you want (chicken feet for Bram/Bash/Daria).

ChineseCentre-1.jpg

ChineseCentre2-1.jpg

ChineseCentre1-1.jpg

Since winter is just around the corner, we have invited an expert to provide info on Tire Tech with primary focus on selecting winter tires for our daily driver. We will discuss topics such as brand differences, suitability, driving conditions, staying OE size or not, driving dynamics and habits. Following that, our Technical Director Robert Magro will speak on winter maintenance which includes topics such as pre-storage maintenance, storage tips, any dos and don’ts, myths and facts. So bring your questions with you and ask the experts.

Our reservation (under NSXCC) will be made for 12pm and we will have lunch first, follow by the seminar and questions. For all ladies/kids who are looking for other things to do after lunch, the Chinese Centre is also a shopping plaza and its design is quite unique and cultural, so have a walk around, explore the shops, take some pictures and experience. We look forward seeing everyone there.

Map link and picture to the restaurant are attached for your reference.

RestaurantMap-2.jpg

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour....596057,-79.593029&spn=0.030645,0.087547&z=14

So what to do next, sign up and join our lunch and learn, and bring your appetite along. Please be sure to confirm the number of attendees (full family welcome). To maximize the experience with our speakers as well as confirming reservation with the restaurant, please RSVP by Nov 1, but don't wait til then to sign up. Do it NOW!!

Any questions, please email us at [email protected]

1) Owen & Karen
2) Daria, Glynis, +2
3) Henry, Laura, +2
4) Ryan
5) Bram & Nancy
6) Bash & Urbs
7) Paul K
8) John & Christine
9) Robert (maybe Michelle and Rhys)
10) Rick
11) Lionel
12) Jeff
13) Garrick (& Maddie)

Owen

Last edited:
Sorry - moving day, can't make it. Enjoy - love the food :<(

I will see you guys there. I will talk about tips on winter storage and current plans Acura has in their upcoming model line up.

I think I need help (ordering). When the Dim Sum which is the (Push Cart) I think thats what your saying? You Diano, Cheung Fun, Congee, this don't sound like the Mandarin. Rick is in...... this should be fun.

I've never been to an official NSX meet. I've stopped by White Oaks last year for a few minutes but never got a chance to meet anyone. This lunch in Nov....you guys bringing your cars?? I'm thinking of putting my away tomorrow.

I believe most of us will have our cars tucked away by then. Even if not, I would advise against parking at this mall simply because of careless shoppers I have observed in the past.

Notwithstanding, you should join us and make this your first official event. There are plenty of people to meet and car stuff to discuss.

I know that restuarant well, waaay back when it was Hsin Kuang in the 80's. One of the very last traditional massive dim sum houses in the GTA.

I'll be in down a couple of weeks after this so I'll miss it but have a good one people. :biggrin:

Back