• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Fall Cruise, Speyside-Terra Cotta-Forks of Credit, Sunday Sept 26, 2010, 9am

Further to our Dinner Meet post, NSXCC is launching the long anticipated Fall Cruise being held on Sunday September 26, 2010. We are taking our cruise up north this time.

picture.php

First, we will gather for a 9am tour visit at the Legendary Motorcar Company (LMC) at 8220 Fifth Line, Halton Hills. Here you will find some of the finest and rarest of classic and performance cars. We will take a quick tour of their showroom so bring your camera.

picture.php

Our cruise will commence at 945am sharp. We will first take you through some of the twisty backroads near Campbellville, Speyside and Halton Hills, then up to Glen Williams and Terra Cotta for more tight bends, before going through Forks of the Credit where you will even experience a downhill hairpin.

picture.php

We are planning for one/two 15mins scenic stops for all you photo buffs so long as we can find safe parking locations. Depends on timing, we may take the cruise up pass Orangeville and through Hockley Valley Road before heading for lunch at the Millcroft Inn & Spa in Caledon. You can expect our day to conclude between 330-4pm.

picture.php

Sound exciting, well it is. Just preparing this post and looking through some pictures from past cruises make me realize just how much I missed cruising as a group.

picture.php

So what to do next? Sign up here and indicate if you are bringing a co-pilot, as we need to know the size of our restaurant reservation. Also we need to consider sites for parking during our cruise stops. We are requesting everyone to RSVP by Sunday Sept 19th, BUT DON’T WAIT TIL THEN TO SIGN UP!

If you have FRS radio (Cobra preferred, but Motorola is acceptable), you are encouraged to bring them along. This has been very useful as the caravan line does tend to break off through some of the high traffic areas. We are reminding members while trying to keep up with cars in front, respect to the community traffic is still our #1 priority. We will provide everyone Google link of our cruise map, so not to worry about getting lost, you won’t.

So to recap
Meeting Location: Tim Hortons at 7502 Trafalgar Road, Hornby
Date & Time: Sunday September 26, 2010 - 9am
Cruise Departure: 945am
Lunch agenda: Millcroft Inn and Spa in Caledon.

Besure to arrive with a full tank of gas.

Don’t wait and sign up now, add to the list today:

1) Owen & Karen
2) Bram & Nancy
3) Sean & Becky (boosted Beetle)
4) Paul K + Lucas (photographer)
5) Ryan
6) Henry +1
7) Rick & Renata
8) Rick & Christina
9) Daria & Glynis
10) Garrick & Nancy (+kids) - WRX
11) Bash & Urbee
12) Richie +1
13) Tony +1
14) Roy
15) Jim & Brenda
16) Brad & Sue
17)
18)
19)

picture.php

Last edited:
Nancy and I won't miss this....Looking forward to beautiful day and drive, especially since most of these roads have been repaved.

Thanks for a great Post Owen...love the Pictures.

Bram

Not sure, jsut closed on the new place..............my suggestion Owen is to go drive the route to see the changes - this time of year there are lots of road closures before winter and lots of oiling and gravel going down. I ride and drive there often (live in the middle of it) and it's pretty routine.

Since F of C is closed, check out north to the Caledon ski area, then trough Cateract...............nice roads, and that can take you to 24, then to 10 and thru Hockley. Need help, I know the roads backwards........just call me.

Check out north to the Caledon ski area, then trough Cateract...............nice roads, and that can take you to 24, then to 10 and thru Hockley. Need help, I know the roads backwards........just call me.

Thanks Shawna. We'll keep these in mind. Have a great move.

I'm in if not out of town that weekend.

:confused: What does this mean? You kill me Henry. We are counting you IN, and expect you to bring Nancy along for a fun day out!!

Ryan, If you live nearby, can you have a drive up thru the Forts and report road condition back to us?

Ryan, it would be great help if you can assist on this front. Thanks.

Owen

I just drove out to Belfountain and sure enough the Forks of the Credit Road is closed, however, if you continue on Mississauga Road it's still pretty twisty and you can turn right onto Cataract Road which brings you out on Hwy. 24.
(Passing straight over 24 takes you straight into Orangeville)

John

Dah John..........slow echo :>) - that's the Caledon Ski Club road..........If you want to end up at Mill Croft in Alton, there are some great road I tear thru on the bike and in the car..........Owen..........PM me your number and I'll go over them with you - should be able to make it as I am back in town Sunday's and move is in Nov, but packing both places.

The good news is can hold 40 NSX's plus in the new place on a paved driveway so the spring cruise will be waiting.

I just drove out to Belfountain and sure enough the Forks of the Credit Road is closed, however, if you continue on Mississauga Road it's still pretty twisty and you can turn right onto Cataract Road which brings you out on Hwy. 24.

Thanks John. Should we count you in +Christine?

PM me your number and I'll go over them with you - should be able to make it as I am back in town Sunday's and move is in Nov, but packing both places.

Thanks Shawna. We'll contact you soon. We have a few items to work out first. Glad you can come out. Are you attending with your husband?

I don't think we'll be able to make it. We have a wedding in Stratford the night prior, so I think in order to attend we would have to bend the space time continuum, but seeing as the meet is 9:00a.m. it shouldn't be too bad.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am tentative. I will try to convince my significantly better half that the day will be fun enough to warrant a 6:00a.m. wake up call.

I will try to convince my significantly better half that the day will be fun enough to warrant a 6:00a.m. wake up call.

Sean, we are leaving LMC at 945, so you get another 45mins of sleep if you like. It would be great to have you along. Bring the membership application also (check you email). Tell "the better half" you are taking her out on a nice scenic cruise and a wonderful brunch in Caledon. You are being "romantic". She will come out. That's how I convinced Karen to come out.

For now, I am putting you down as IN and +1.

Owen.............got rid of the "husband" 15 yrs ago - LOL and none of my friends are interested in this stuff.......sorry, they don't play car games with me and I prefer to keep my personal life private - ha. I sent you a PM

I've just looked at our cruise map, and is coming out quite nicely even without the Forks of the Credit stretch. The brunch menu at Millcroft Inn & Spa looks amazing so you do not want to miss that. After brunch, you might consider a spa session at the Inn (1-800-383-3976, sorry no discounts as they are quite busy and booked up quickly). Check here for spa packages

http://www.vintage-hotels.com/millcroft/accomo_specials.htm

If you haven't signed up for the cruise, what are you waiting for?

I'm in for the cruise. I'll be in the Subie with Nancy and Maddie and Brennan...

I can't confirm lunch as it's really a crap shoot and will be dictated by how Maddie and Brennan are so tentatively we may have lunch at the Inn.

I'm in for the cruise. I'll be in the Subie with Nancy and Maddie and Brennan...

I can't confirm lunch as it's really a crap shoot and will be dictated by how Maddie and Brennan are so tentatively we may have lunch at the Inn.

Awesome. I will tell Karen and she will lend Nancy a hand with the kids. Let me know if you like to carpool, and you can ride with me instead.

I can make this one :smile:

Add in Richie + 1

and Tony + 1

Back