• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

::NSXCC:: Niagara Winery Tour and Cottage fun (take 2)

Dear NSXCC member and friends,

We are in the midst of a heatwave in Ontario but the temperature has not been enough to stop your executive from planning the next event.

Please mark your calendars!

Sunday, August 22nd
-meeting at 10am at the Tim Hortons off QEW and Third line, next to Acura of Oakville

We'll organize, cruise to Stratus Winery for a tour and tasting followed by a Tour at Reif Estates Winery for a Charity Classic Car Show and optional tour/tasting.

Reif will be collecting donations for the Niagara Peninsula Children's Centre offering rehabilitation services to children and teens with physical and communication disabilities and special needs.

In the afternoon we will be hosted by our gracious member Shawna (aka GECKO on Prime) at her nearby cottage.

Cost will be a modest $10/person

STRATUS
2059 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario Canada L0S 1J0

Reif Estate Winery
15608 Niagara Parkway,
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0

Please sign up below

I guess I'll be there too..................I'll lead a nice drive along the Niagara Parkway to my cottage in Fort Erie...........lots of parking on the driveway, can probably hold 15 cars and the grass on lot beside are flat for parking as well in case nobody wants to park on the road............If it's stinking hot, bring your bathing suits as I have an outdoor deck shower and Lake Erie is a 2 minute walk down the road.........see you then unless it's a no go :biggrin:

Guys, we need to get a count of the number of people planning to take part in this Niagara Winery Cruise, in order to provide the restaurant with numbers for lunch and to buy food for the BBQ. Therefore if you are planning to attend PLEASE sign up on this thread by August 18th.

Owen + 1
Bram +1

Thanks, Bram

Owen + 1
Bram +1
Shawna +1

Guys............

Just noticed in my junk email the schedule and the Gecko Beach BBQ was to be around 2ish..........looks like you are already having a lunch at the winery, so makes no sense to have another lunch at my cottage. I was not planning on staying there all night and thought the drive back to my place would be around 1pm assuming this started at 10am according to the July schedule.

Anyhow - there are only 2 cars attending so maybe with the late scheduling it might be better to do a "fall color" run/BBQ down there.........make a nice drive thru the escarpment and down the Niagara Parkway to my cottage, BBQ lunch and then you can return on the QEW on your own.

What do you think???

I am good either way. It would be fun to have a group outing in August, and then another late September for the change in colour, but we need more people sign up. Comeon people!!

there are only 2 cars attending so maybe with the late scheduling it might be better to do a "fall color" run/BBQ down there.........make a nice drive thru the escarpment and down the Niagara Parkway to my cottage, BBQ lunch and then you can return on the QEW on your own.

What do you think???

Maybe we are guilty of having too much fun and are spreading people's freetime too thin? I'm out for this cruise due to previous engagements but a fall cruise sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The winery and Niagara escarpment cruise will be breathtaking. Count me IN!!!

Come-on guys, the exec has planned a great cruise for us, along with exclusive winery tours and a gourmet lunch at a fine restaurant. The weather is going to kick ass, so what are you waiting for? There will be plenty of photo ops along the Niagara Escarpment. Sign up and enjoy the ride!! It's going to be great.

Garrick, bring the kids and Nancy in the Subaru!! You can ride with me, Karen and Nancy with the kids!!

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the winery tour this weekend because of other plans (and my car is apart because I'm replacing the stereo). A cruise in Sept would be good. Hopefully my car will be back together by then..:smile:

Hey all - I'm in Quebec City for a couple of weeks for some Navy training, so I have to miss this one. I hope we're doing something again soon, maybe in late Sept / early Oct as I'm not going to Vegas either.

Cheers.

Hey all,

Seems like the end of summer is a busy time for everyone, so the event is CANCELLED. We will postone this and try to make it into a fall colours cruise event instead. Please stay tuned to this channel for new developments!

:wink:

My suggestion is that you start organizing this NOW - not two weeks before. Many people have other committments then "car stuff" and if you want members to show up to your events and not have to cancel them - then post a schedule and stick to it. It's NEVER too early to plan an event and people mark them in the calendar - then you send a reminder so that it's fresh in people's heads, and then another reminder - can't have too many. Otherwise things get planned and people won't show up.

If you are planning a fall drive - my suggestions was a fall color ride and I can host a BBQ - HOWEVER - get the emphasis, best pick your dates now as I am still racing in the fall and travelling and don't have many wknds open (deja vu I think we had this discussion last time) and NO, if I organize it there won't be a wine tour - not enough time to do it all in a day.

Fall is around the corner, so hope the committee gets going on this.....

Hey all - I'm in Quebec City for a couple of weeks for some Navy training, so I have to miss this one. I hope we're doing something again soon, maybe in late Sept / early Oct as I'm not going to Vegas either.

Cheers.

Sean, what's this Navy training bit in Quebec City...? I thought you're full time chiropractor?

The Club is NOT going to become Personal Secretary for some members:

We'll plan events and published then within a reasonable time frame, if we don't get members participation the event will be canceled.

Bram

My suggestion is that you start organizing this NOW - not two weeks before. Many people have other committments then "car stuff" and if you want members to show up to your events and not have to cancel them - then post a schedule and stick to it. It's NEVER too early to plan an event and people mark them in the calendar - then you send a reminder so that it's fresh in people's heads, and then another reminder - can't have too many. Otherwise things get planned and people won't show up.

If you are planning a fall drive - my suggestions was a fall color ride and I can host a BBQ - HOWEVER - get the emphasis, best pick your dates now as I am still racing in the fall and travelling and don't have many wknds open (deja vu I think we had this discussion last time) and NO, if I organize it there won't be a wine tour - not enough time to do it all in a day.

Fall is around the corner, so hope the committee gets going on this.....

Bram - RELAX, nobody asked anyone to be a personal secretary, and certainly I don't need one.............However, speaking to MANY members more time for events is something that would benefit this club driven and going by MEMBERS............Rememeber - then idea of any club is member participation:confused:

Sean, what's this Navy training bit in Quebec City...? I thought you're full time chiropractor?

I am a full time DC, but I'm a Naval Reserve officer to. I've served in the Navy for nearly 20years now. I'm off to Quebec City & CFB Valcartier for a "Weapons Directing Officer" course. Should be interesting, lots of new methods from the Afghanistan experience & will be firing large calibre weapons to.

Keep us posted about the fall cruise!

I am a full time DC, but I'm a Naval Reserve officer to. I've served in the Navy for nearly 20years now. I'm off to Quebec City & CFB Valcartier for a "Weapons Directing Officer" course. Should be interesting, lots of new methods from the Afghanistan experience & will be firing large calibre weapons to.

Keep us posted about the fall cruise!

Wow. I was never aware of your background, very impressive resume. Have a great time at training. See you at the fall cruise.

Owen.......he looks real cute in his white suit and hat and he gets to play with the big boy toys. Have fun Sean...........

Back